CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Thread: Rat Bike

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by gaspasser View Post
    you two got that bromance down pat dont cha
    Where here, we're queer, get used to it

Get Adobe Flash player

for the record i do think a fautina has its place in certain applications
    case in point, this springer headlamp bracket was rechromed by some dummy
    looked out of place on my 47 so I gave it some patina treatment
    fits the look of some of the other ugly parts on this pile
    Last edited by CraiGORE; 03-12-2017 at 7:04 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by CraiGORE View Post
    for the record i do think a fautina has its place in certain applications
    case in point, this springer headlamp bracket was rechromed by some dummy
    looked out of place on my 47 so I gave it some patina treatment
    fits the look of some of the other ugly parts on this pile
    Now ya see, nothing wrong with this. Old junk bike to begin with. ����

Now, taking a piece of shit rusted tank and putting it on your late model sporty accomplishes what?? Is there a Faux club that all the Fauxtina wannabes belong too? Do you all do a run (3-4 miles tops) to the spray tan shop or temporary tattoo parlor and compare the junk you've bolted onto your late model sporty to make it look like you actually rode it to get it that way??? I'm so confused with this thread....

"Hey Brah, I really like the way you distressed your headlight bezel, ya gotta show me how to do it on next months faux run"

Do you wear faux leather jackets too with faux club patches??? FTW (Faux Two Wheels) ??? FFFF (Faux Forever Forever Faux) ????

Where does it end??? Fake bolt on kickers? Fake jockey shifters? Fake choke knobs on injected bikes?

Why not just take the WHOLE bike and leave it under salt water for 6 months or so then another 6 months outside to dry. That should give you the look your trying to achieve, with dead shriveled up starfishes and shit stuck to it as a bonus. You'll be the envy of the Faux riders " Yeah Brah's I been ridin this thing under the sea errr ummm I mean around the country for a year and yeah it's pretty distressed as you can see check out the dead scallops stuck in my rigid wannabe struts"

Fuck yeah!

Last edited by Bbqbiker; 03-12-2017 at 8:02 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

next on the left

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Davestune View Post
    next on the left

I need that shifter & gate. Gimme gimme I'll shovel your walk after the blizzard. Oh sorry that only works in the I'm on Welfare Gimme Free Shit Bike Build Thread

Get Adobe Flash player

ita the wrong gate for your shitbox

Get Adobe Flash player

what kind of spray solution did you use to patina that tank?

also how did you get the grime on the choke lever? never seen a choke lever like that
    Last edited by CraiGORE; 03-13-2017 at 2:52 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

what kind of spray solution did you use to patina that tank?

Flop sweat, tears and Heineken I assume.....

also how did you get the grime on the choke lever? never seen a choke lever like that
    It's not a choke genius everyone knows that drops the landing gear when your coming into the shithole bar hot

Damn RUB'S

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Bbqbiker View Post
    It's not a choke genius everyone knows that drops the landing gear when your coming into the shithole bar hot

Damn RUB'S
    OK. criticism taken. but you did not answer how you got the grime on there? what type of dirt is it? can i use potted soil?

Get Adobe Flash player

OK. criticism taken. but you did not answer how you got the grime on there? what type of dirt is it? can i use potted soil?
    Well, to replicate that kinda sludge, you should ride real close behind one of then coal roller douchebags and just hang on his bumper while you and your shitbox are blasted by the gaseous waste. Couple hundred miles should do the trick.
    Last edited by Bbqbiker; 03-14-2017 at 5:51 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Not a bad idea, and you could spray desired areas with

https://www.amazon.com/CRC-06026-Hea.../dp/B0000AXYA0

then give the bike a coal bath while the spray is still tacky. (The CRC inhibitor is fucking wonderful for protecting machine tools and parts from flash rust. It also looks somewhat like patina.)

You can make lots of fine black carbon powder with an acetylene torch. Best done with a rosebud tip. No oxygen required, just crank it up and ignite then play the flame on some sheet metal until you've enough carbon for your purpose.

Fine dust as accumulates in "barn finds" can be found in old garages and barns, but sifted potting soil would work based on my observations of potting sheds.

Rubber goods should show age and wear. (No problem with fucking aftermarket fucking British gawdamn repop peg rubbers and fork boots which race to destruction when you open the package....) Some street posers narrow their "chicken strips" using a flap disc and you could simulate shifter rubber and foot peg wear by that method. You might age crack rubber parts off the bike with solvents.

It ain't a rat without a few dents. Shit doesn't get selectively fucked up by natural wear. Cracked spot putty is also good. Dent, fill, fuck it up.

It ain't a rat without crazed lenses, pitted plating, fuzzy aluminum (Purple Power will do that for ya), and rusty hardware, especially exposed threads. The parts FauxRatters alter look ridiculously out of place because they stick out like a pearl in a pigs asshole.

Hardware should look like it's been on and off a few times. You could use the wrong size socket after install to round some heads, and screws just naturally get fucked up. A dip of acid in the center of socket head capscrews would speed natural corrosion.

Some antique motorcycle sellers do fake patina, but I don't know anyone who does closely enough to tap their brain.

I just wear my rides out and have faced the fact if I want a pretty motorcycle I need to restore it and not ride it much. Real rats don't need any work. Just ride the fucker. FauxRats are a pretty specific fad. Rat rods were born because it's a way to use junk unfit for restoration as folk art, but it's still blatantly lazy and it shows. Fucking up new rides to look pseudo-old usually looks like the posery it is INTENDED to be.

If you have to do that shit study "weathering" as applied to models, but when that goes wrong it looks as faggy as a pink camo AR-15.

Get Adobe Flash player

Those tanks are for the 46 bigtwin, this bike was kept running anyway possible being from mexico and I have seen some shit ,these guys hand pounded a battery cover out.
    Lotsa dust and crud on this bike. Sitting since the 70,s
    Bike is ratty as fuck . Yeah I can make crazy money off the oem parts, but im so against money whores.
    This bike will see the road again and my 39 was worse than this now in roller........

Quote Originally Posted by Bbqbiker View Post
    Well, to replicate that kinda sludge, you should ride real close behind one of then coal roller douchebags and just hang on his bumper while you and your shitbox are blasted by the gaseous waste. Couple hundred miles should do the trick.
    If you do that, make sure you have a full faced helmet.... otherwise you look like the Coyote after being out foxed by the Roadrunner; only takes about a hundred miles...don't ask me how I know....

Get Adobe Flash player

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22859752_10155007771458202_616945887435482886_o.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	315.3 KB 
ID:	79644 . and it continues

Get Adobe Flash player

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22859683_10155007771443202_2433755932326152567_o.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	311.8 KB 
ID:	79645 it might never end.....

Get Adobe Flash player

GODDAMN this thread has me laughing my ass off.. I have a faux patina'd bike so its even funnier to me. However it was my shovel as I did it as a joke and to make a wall hanger set of repop tanks while painting my originals but this way i could still ride. OP i have to agree with whomever said that rattlecan it and knock high spots down then spray it and let it sit. To myself it looks better than an all rusty tank. Just my honest opinion. But fuck it its yours and its only an EVO sporty so fucking it up in any way isn't like ruining a knuckle or Pan with some bullshit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 13239180_10154111327683529_2808309243411169359_n.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

wait...is that your yellow bike??? lol

Share This