CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Rat Bike

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

You may need this to go with the "bolt on rat bike" theme

Congratulations on making a $3000 bike worth $1800
    Last edited by Bbqbiker; 03-07-2017 at 11:09 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

i have all that

Get Adobe Flash player

I see BBQ Blasted you like a barn yard animal LOL
    dude just ride the thing in 10 years itll look like shit...

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by gaspasser View Post
    sorry if my shit isnt real enough for you...i'll try harder
    good luck it's a lifestyle,not a pose

Get Adobe Flash player

Want that "yeah brah I ride this everywhere and leave it outside and my dog pisses on it" look for your garage queen Sporty? Don't want to ride but really really wanna look like it? Don't wait for 20 years of grunge, just SPONGE!

Get Adobe Flash player

god your horrible, its his bike leavem alone

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Davestune View Post
    god your horrible, its his bike leavem alone
    I know I know I'm such a douche but I can't help myself I mean come on it's a "bolt on" rat bike how can I not say something I mean this poor bastard's gonna be riding down the street wondering why everyone's laughing at him and maybe at least this may give them a clue.

Besides I got deleted from that other "I'm on welfare send me free parts thread" I was on a roll I had some funny material
    Last edited by Bbqbiker; 03-09-2017 at 10:17 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

did this a few years ago
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bitz harley.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Easiest way to get some cool patina is to put some battery acid in a spray bottle and mist the whole bike.

Get Adobe Flash player

i know the geniuses on here who automatically dismiss anything deviating from their prescribed aspect of thinking dont get it....but theres the look of an old bike with new underneath that is appealing and an art form to produce. the rust on this bike got like 1.1K likes on another site. I dont have any qualms or reservations over what im creating...just sharing it here. the formula im using is a spray bottle with mostly water, some hydrogen peroxide and salt added. in a just a few applications it produces a really cool pattern and patina. nature working on metal creates an art form. you bozos who think theres only one way to do things....or that your way is the right way....are just as bad as the guys who hang saddle bags and windshields and stereos and whatever on their bikes. some get it.....some dont

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rust sporty.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	191.4 KB 
ID:	75577

Get Adobe Flash player

i know the geniuses on here who automatically dismiss anything deviating from their prescribed aspect of thinking dont get it....but theres the look of an old bike with new underneath that is appealing and an art form to produce. the rust on this bike got like 1.1K likes on another site. I dont have any qualms or reservations over what im creating...just sharing it here. the formula im using is a spray bottle with mostly water, some hydrogen peroxide and salt added. in a just a few applications it produces a really cool pattern and patina. nature working on metal creates an art form. you bozos who think theres only one way to do things....or that your way is the right way....are just as bad as the guys who hang saddle bags and windshields and stereos and whatever on their bikes. some get it.....some dont

Dude you can't get butt-hurt when you post your bike on a public forum and ask for opinions and get them. The bike that you posted that got "1.1k likes" is actually weathered, you can tell by the rocker boxes and cam cover. I can tell you don't actually want peoples opinions, you just want us to say "Yeah cool bike, its great, wouldn't change a thing", and if you're just in it for the likes you're in the wrong place.

If you could have taken some constructive criticism instead of getting upset right away maybe you could have taken something away from this but I doubt you will. So have fun, after all it is your bike, and I couldn't give half a shit what you do to it.

Get Adobe Flash player

Well I feel like I should talk here as I have a rusty sportster.
    It's actually crappy. I ride it a lot more than anything else I own, and never ever washed it because of the unpainted stuff...did not paint them cause I'm cheap, wanted to send it all to powdercoat this winter but too poor for that so will do next year. Rocking the rust for another season.
    Actually my POS takes a lot of looks and likes too, but it's not meant to be "rat", just a work in progress without any excessive care for the finish...

Anyhow, I'm a real fan of rat when done right, and that means putting a rig together with everything you find around you and driving or riding the shit out of it. The "rat look" bullshit is...well, bullshit. I have a friend with a real rat mk1 vw, he found it in a field, the thing is rotting but he keeps it working and mods it with nearly zero budget. It's a cool car, because not anyone would be able of getting a nice result while rigging together parts from everywhere. The others you see at shows with good cars just wire-wheeled and salt-rusted look a bit ridiculous. So, if you like the look, keep going with your bike...but get prepared to get a lot of dislikes. Someone like the dislike. I actually find it funny when my stuff annoys purists. Just don't get offended as you "deserve" it sometimes.

Get Adobe Flash player

"Dude" I'm not butt hurt as much as thats what youd like to call it. thin skinned is not my MO. ok, constructive criticism....thats funny. perhaps you have a reading comprehension disorder??? i am having fun.....i ride my bike

Quote Originally Posted by Benny74 View Post
    Dude you can't get butt-hurt when you post your bike on a public forum and ask for opinions and get them. The bike that you posted that got "1.1k likes" is actually weathered, you can tell by the rocker boxes and cam cover. I can tell you don't actually want peoples opinions, you just want us to say "Yeah cool bike, its great, wouldn't change a thing", and if you're just in it for the likes you're in the wrong place.

If you could have taken some constructive criticism instead of getting upset right away maybe you could have taken something away from this but I doubt you will. So have fun, after all it is your bike, and I couldn't give half a shit what you do to it.

Get Adobe Flash player

I love barn finds
    My 46 will be put back together only mechanically sound will rebuild wheel bearings motor transmission rust crust as I found it , to me thats beautiful,
    Ill post a pic of the tanks later

Get Adobe Flash player

1.1k likes WOW!
    Davestune spare the pix of ur 46. i want to see a barn find 2006 sportster, fuck a nukelhead. !!!!!! rich mofo

Get Adobe Flash player

fuckin a man just get some hydro peroxide in a spray bottle with sme salt and your bike will look just like this!

Get Adobe Flash player

Flathead knuckles a 47
    I ain't rich. I work and save
    Fuck sportys

Get Adobe Flash player

im kinda not poor.....dont be butt hurt

Get Adobe Flash player

im kinda not poor.....dont be butt hurt
    that is why u ride a girls bike

while I don't care for the rust look,I can look shake my head and walk away. he should of put a rattle can paint, sanded high contact areas.then put his solution on . as for a woman's bike try starting a early one with kick only.Also there is a reason the big twins are called barges.

Share This