Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marine9728
    • Jul 2015

1982 CM450A Bobber NEED HELP

I recently acquired a 1982 CM450A for $300 and I am attempting to turn this bike into a bobber. I was looking around trying to find a kit like a weld on or build a hardtail kit etc. Not sure on the specs that I would need to adhere to ant all that. Kind of new to this, so any help would br greatly appreciated!
  • jaggermeisterje
    • May 2013

The cm450 has no kit on the market to do a hardtail. It is not an easy frame to do it with but has been done. Search it on the interweb, there's a few build up videos on YouTube.

Comment

• ExplodingCoffinEmporium
      • Oct 2016

Hondamatics are just shit man, bad idea and worse execution. I'm gonna be straight ace, can it be done, well yeah we made a flashlight that doubles as a pocket pussy, what can't we do really. The real question is should you, especially being new to this, I'd say no, well fuck no really, it's gonna be a headache and a wallet ache that in the grand scheme of things is gonna leave you with a dodgy pile of parts and and no fine tail on the back. My advice, make it someone else's dick magnet, and buy a better base
      Last edited by ExplodingCoffinEmporium; 02-24-2017, 3:33 PM.

Comment

• MegaDON666
        • Jul 2010

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151129_162347318_HDR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	312.5 KB
ID:	1295568

Not sure if there is that much difference between a hondamatic vs regular 450, but cleaned up the one in the pic, looks like an after market frame to me.

Comment

• Jonnycakes
          • Apr 2024

a custom frame is the direction i went. The hondamatics are crazy fun to ride

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3579.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	275.7 KB
ID:	1295763

Ok.....I've officially named my next bike and its theme. We've all said it, all show and no go....... "All Show", is based on a 1983 CM450A (that's the "no go"). I know, another Hondamatic, what can I say...........I'm gay for 'em. The original plan was for a lane splitter. After lots of thought and
          Last edited by Guest; 03-20-2017, 11:50 PM.

Comment

• Fings369
            • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Marine9728
            1982 CM450A
            Cm450A is a three year model and is great stock, does what it was made to do. I began to chop one a few years ago because I traded a few speakers for it and it was titled, about as good of a deal I'd say. The number one issue I had with this bike was those damn carbs, since then I've heard of carb swaps that'll do it justice but I can't imagine hardtailing one until I dialed a set of carbs for pods.

Traded it for a nice Ruger M14

Comment

• Jonnycakes
              • Apr 2024

left and right Mikuni 32s from dime city...........perfect on my bike with open pipes and velocity stacks.

Color/Finish: Raw MetalMaterial: Aluminum AlloySpigot: 40mm ODIntake: 58mm ODDepth: 102mmHeight: 142mmTotal Width: 83mmIdle Screw Position: RightAir Screw Position: RightPre-Jetted for: CL/CB450, CB500T & Other Twins; ie: GS450, GS500, KZ400/440, XS365, XS400, XS650 ETC...VM32 Setting: 185 Main, 35 Pilot, 6DH7 Jet Needle, 2.0 Air Jet, 159 P-5 Needle JetSold as a single carburetor: for a complete dual carb setup be sure to order two carburetors, two choke plungers (if you prefer that style) and a Mikuni universal throttle cable.Mikuni specific intake boot sold separately.Recommended use with 57mm K&N Air Pod Filters

Comment

• Marine9728
                • Jul 2015

Links to pipes/stacks?

Comment

• Marine9728
                  • Jul 2015

Update: guy at work is a welder for our trailer shop and has done hard tails before... frame is in the shop as we speak... Will post pics after it's done

Comment

• Jonnycakes
                    • Apr 2024

I made the pipes with stainless bends and straight tubing

Comment

• mikecola
                      • Oct 2010

I have a pair of cm250 so looking fwd to seeing how you go

Comment

• Marine9728
                        • Jul 2015

How do I post pics lol I'm on mobile

Comment

• Marine9728
                          • Jul 2015

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                          Working...
                          ;