Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CarloFreeze
    • Jun 2013

Originally posted by beat
    lemmy on a sporty. i dare anyone to call him a girl. he'll come back from hell and fuck you up!

https://youtu.be/FL7-sbiGlzw
    Lemmy actually didn't like riding motorcycles. His music sure makes one want to ride one though.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• WillSCB
      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Keith88
      There is some truth in a sportster being a girls bike or beginners bike and that just because its a easier bike to ride. Don't get me wrong I have owned a few sportsters and still have a special place in my heart for them. But nowadays I have some preconceived stereotypes about sportstser riders that I'd didn't always have. I see someone maybe who can't afford BT or someone who is over 6 feet tend to look funny to me on a sportster. Also a lot of quote-unquote "hipsters" ride them it seems like. There is a lot of negative stereotypes for all styles of bikes. Just ride what you love.
      The "girls bike" and starter bike thing didn't really come about until the evo's or late ironheads when Harley kind of made them the bastard stepchild. Find me a "girl" who can kick start an old magneto ch. There are still a lot of old scooter tramps who are still walking with a limp because of them. As far as someone larger looking silly on them, they were originally the bike to beat on the tracks. I am 6'01" and 250 lbs, and would probably look just as silly on a modern sport bike. You don't see a lot of guys my size riding competitively on the racing circuit, and the bikes are built accordingly.

Comment

• Keith88
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by WillSCB
        The "girls bike" and starter bike thing didn't really come about until the evo's or late ironheads when Harley kind of made them the bastard stepchild. Find me a "girl" who can kick start an old magneto ch. There are still a lot of old scooter tramps who are still walking with a limp because of them. As far as someone larger looking silly on them, they were originally the bike to beat on the tracks. I am 6'01" and 250 lbs, and would probably look just as silly on a modern sport bike. You don't see a lot of guys my size riding competitively on the racing circuit, and the bikes are built accordingly.
        Im talking about evo sportsters. Most riders of them are A "a lady" B 'new to riding bikes" C "cant afford a bigger bike"... I got friends that race sportstser and im thinking of building a flat track sportster formyself. I'm just saying most people who ride Sportsters are of the same ilk as A B C. well at least up in the north east as far as i can tell.
        Last edited by Keith88; 02-22-2017, 7:01 AM.

Comment

• CRFyou
          • Mar 2010

Sportsters are/were the cheapest way to own that outlaw Harley bike everyone seems to love.

Christ knows what their production numbers are, but they're heavily represented due to their affordability.

Then you have dorks doing a tank lift and putting struts on with a sprung seat. Shit looks fucking lame.

And it's so fucking easy to rile up a sportster owner. It's like picking on your little brother and he can't roll with it. He flips out and shows that it bothers him so you do it more.

Here's my gifts to the motorcycle world.

Comment

• the1dude
            • Mar 2010

The one excuse I always like. "Sportsters are too small for me". As I look at a dude that's 5'8" and 180 lbs.

Comment

• Davestune
              • May 2014

Be A Man Ride A Pan

Comment

• KevinN
                • May 2014

I will always have my old Ironhead in my collection of old junk. It's just a bunch of parts that almost fit and is higher maintenance than a 20 something stripper. When it runs it sounds like it's try to gut itself but somehow doesn't. It really needs a visit to an engine builder like dragstews but as long as its running it will wait. Once in a while I'm tempted to buy one off craigslist claiming it could be for a future grandchild but I resist. People get really upset when you tell them resale on them is shit.

Comment

• BadMonkeyMW
                  • Jul 2010

Originally posted by KevinN
                  I will always have my old Ironhead in my collection of old junk. It's just a bunch of parts that almost fit and is higher maintenance than a 20 something stripper. When it runs it sounds like it's try to gut itself but somehow doesn't. It really needs a visit to an engine builder like dragstews but as long as its running it will wait. Once in a while I'm tempted to buy one off craigslist claiming it could be for a future grandchild but I resist. People get really upset when you tell them resale on them is shit.
                  I used to tell my buddy his 68 Ironhead sounded like someone shaking a drawer full of silverware when it was running. Still ran pretty well, although he had lots of transmission problems.

Comment

• DustyDave
                    Super Moderator
                    • Oct 2012

The two best days of my life were the day I got that really cool big inch Sportster and the day I finally got rid of that evil leg breaking bastard. But I do kinda miss being able to pull a wheelie at 75. Don't miss stopping every friday to spend half my check on parts.
                    Dusty
                    Driving that train, high on cocaine
                    Casey Jones you better, watch your speed
                    Trouble ahead, trouble behind
                    And you know that notion just crossed my mind​

Comment

• 49WR
                      • Mar 2016

I hate the "girl bike" shit. Back in the day people rode Triumphs, BSAs, Norton, Harleys and it didn't matter what you rode as long as you could keep up. I know more than one guy who got thrown over the handlebars by a sporty when he didn't kick it all the way through. The difference between a sporty and a Dyna axle to axle is about an 1 1/2" so except for the sporty being lighter not much difference. I'm 6'5" so I make anything look small. There are a lot of phony ass posers out there that ain't worth a good gob of spit.

Comment

• BadMonkeyMW
                        • Jul 2010

Originally posted by 49WR
                        I hate the "girl bike" shit. Back in the day people rode Triumphs, BSAs, Norton, Harleys and it didn't matter what you rode as long as you could keep up. I know more than one guy who got thrown over the handlebars by a sporty when he didn't kick it all the way through. The difference between a sporty and a Dyna axle to axle is about an 1 1/2" so except for the sporty being lighter not much difference. I'm 6'5" so I make anything look small. There are a lot of phony ass posers out there that ain't worth a good gob of spit.
                        Fucking right. Well said.

Comment

• Keith88
                          • Jul 2011

Back in the day is over unfortunately. Has been for a long time. Many different trends have come and gone. There is an oversaturation of 20-something year olds riding evo Sportsters. They're new to the game and it's a cheap way to get in. Can't knock them for that. Its how I started too. You might not like the "girl bike" tag but it exists for a reason. but it's become more than just a girl's bike. Its a newbie's bike a poor mans bike its a hipsters. I see someone on a evo sportster I see a person who likes motorcycles, but a person who doesn't really like motorcycle. There are exceptions to the rules but that's how I think most riders look at evo sportsters.

Comment

• 49WR
                            • Mar 2016

The bottom line for me is I respect most people who ride, except for a few crotch rocket jerks. I own a Dyna and a 49WR now but owned an Evo Sporty for 12 years and had a lot of fun on it. Anyone who throws their leg over a bike faces the same hazards and enjoys most of the same thrills whether their ride is Honda Rebel or a 110 C.I. Harley. I guess I'm just not into labeling people.

Comment

• Keith88
                              • Jul 2011

The bottom line for me is I respect most people who ride, except for a few crotch rocket jerks. I own a Dyna and a 49WR now but owned an Evo Sporty for 12 years and had a lot of fun on it. Anyone who throws their leg over a bike faces the same hazards and enjoys most of the same thrills whether their ride is Honda Rebel or a 110 C.I. Harley. I guess I'm just not into labeling people.
                              '
                              Well then you're a pretty righteous man. I personally fit in the category of ''go fuck yourself' type of mindset. of course ride whatever makes you happy. No one is denying that. But to say you don't label people in your life seems a little silly. We all do it. Good reason and bad ones. Its just fun to see sportster riders get all butt hurt.

Comment

• 49WR
                                • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Keith88
                                '
                                Well then you're a pretty righteous man. I personally fit in the category of ''go fuck yourself' type of mindset. of course ride whatever makes you happy. No one is denying that. But to say you don't label people in your life seems a little silly. We all do it. Good reason and bad ones. Its just fun to see sportster riders get all butt hurt.
                                When I was young we didn't even wave to guys on dressers or who wore helmets, so it's not like I never labeled anyone. Just a lot older and a little mellower.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;