CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

hmm... to make a conection and bring it back around(not that i should, but i will)..the pic of elvis on his K model and his blue suede shoes...
    well, of course that song was orig written and sung by carl perkins. there is some differing stories about the origin of that song between carl and johnny cash. they were both friends and i'm sure they're still laughing about it in heaven.
    ok, im trying to bring it full circle..
    the sid vicious video. c'mon everybody. of course was cover of the great Eddie Cochran.
    the big 3 of early rock & roll(rockabilly) was Carl Perkins, Eddie Cochran, and Gene Vincent. maybe not in that order, but damn they rocked.
    i could be way wrong here and i probably am..i've been wrong before...youve all seen the movie forest gump? yes it was fiction, but elvis didnt get his style from a crippled kid, he stole it from Gene Vincent. Gene actually rode(triumph i think) and had a bad accident and fucked up his leg. he played w/ that jack leg style ever since.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by XbrooklynX View Post
    One of the things every man should know how to do. Bump start a car/motorcycle.
    Yep.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by XbrooklynX View Post
    One of the things every man should know how to do. Bump start a car/motorcycle.
    been there,done that,kickstarter is much easier.ain't as young as I once was.and how do you bumpstart an automatic?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by BadMonkeyMW View Post
    Yep.
    well I take that last post back.BadMonkey here is 96 years old and still bumpstarts his bike

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Oranje View Post
    Attachment 75157

Evel used to jump busses on an Ironhead.
    Nobody called Evel a girl.
    My one famous person story. The owner of Brad Foot Gear Works was a friend of Evils. At the time I was riding my '69 XLCH. Who shows up at work one day, but Evil and his crew. It turned out that his trailer had developed a crack along the front tang.

As I was the standing electrician, maintenance machinist, and welder on shift I was called to help out. Basically I set his guy up with my rig and helped cut a few pieces that they welded onto the tang.

BUT, I got to show him my Sporty ( my avatar ) and he showed me his, another XLCH of the same vintage! ! ! He offered me a couple of bucks for mine, but we both knew it was not enough.

It was a cool way to spend a couple of hours on an otherwise boring azz night shift!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by OleDirtyDoc View Post
    well I take that last post back.BadMonkey here is 96 years old and still bumpstarts his bike
    Damn right I do, ya young punks!

Get Adobe Flash player

The worst part of bump starting is when you've pushed your buddy on his bike 2-3 times and the bike hasn't started, you look at him as you're huffing and puffing and ask if the ignition is on? Then he just looks at you and says, 'What?'. Fuck! hahahaha.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by BadMonkeyMW View Post
    The worst part of bump starting is when you've pushed your buddy on his bike 2-3 times and the bike hasn't started, you look at him as you're huffing and puffing and ask if the ignition is on? Then he just looks at you and says, 'What?'. Fuck! hahahaha.
    THAT'S why I like a kickstarter.lol

I thought of cutting off my trans and going to a 4 or 5 speed big twin trans for a kicker, but the frame work for that would make it a giant pain in the ass. Plus there's plenty of people out there who could give a shit less about a kicker so I figured I'd sell the bike and just get something that's kicker capable

Get Adobe Flash player

There is some truth in a sportster being a girls bike or beginners bike and that just because its a easier bike to ride. Don't get me wrong I have owned a few sportsters and still have a special place in my heart for them. But nowadays I have some preconceived stereotypes about sportstser riders that I'd didn't always have. I see someone maybe who can't afford BT or someone who is over 6 feet tend to look funny to me on a sportster. Also a lot of quote-unquote "hipsters" ride them it seems like. There is a lot of negative stereotypes for all styles of bikes. Just ride what you love.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by beat View Post
    lemmy on a sporty. i dare anyone to call him a girl. he'll come back from hell and fuck you up!

https://youtu.be/FL7-sbiGlzw
    Lemmy actually didn't like riding motorcycles. His music sure makes one want to ride one though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRYW0LFqrl0

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Keith88 View Post
    There is some truth in a sportster being a girls bike or beginners bike and that just because its a easier bike to ride. Don't get me wrong I have owned a few sportsters and still have a special place in my heart for them. But nowadays I have some preconceived stereotypes about sportstser riders that I'd didn't always have. I see someone maybe who can't afford BT or someone who is over 6 feet tend to look funny to me on a sportster. Also a lot of quote-unquote "hipsters" ride them it seems like. There is a lot of negative stereotypes for all styles of bikes. Just ride what you love.
    The "girls bike" and starter bike thing didn't really come about until the evo's or late ironheads when Harley kind of made them the bastard stepchild. Find me a "girl" who can kick start an old magneto ch. There are still a lot of old scooter tramps who are still walking with a limp because of them. As far as someone larger looking silly on them, they were originally the bike to beat on the tracks. I am 6'01" and 250 lbs, and would probably look just as silly on a modern sport bike. You don't see a lot of guys my size riding competitively on the racing circuit, and the bikes are built accordingly.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by WillSCB View Post
    The "girls bike" and starter bike thing didn't really come about until the evo's or late ironheads when Harley kind of made them the bastard stepchild. Find me a "girl" who can kick start an old magneto ch. There are still a lot of old scooter tramps who are still walking with a limp because of them. As far as someone larger looking silly on them, they were originally the bike to beat on the tracks. I am 6'01" and 250 lbs, and would probably look just as silly on a modern sport bike. You don't see a lot of guys my size riding competitively on the racing circuit, and the bikes are built accordingly.
    Im talking about evo sportsters. Most riders of them are A "a lady" B 'new to riding bikes" C "cant afford a bigger bike"... I got friends that race sportstser and im thinking of building a flat track sportster formyself. I'm just saying most people who ride Sportsters are of the same ilk as A B C. well at least up in the north east as far as i can tell.
    Last edited by Keith88; 02-22-2017 at 8:01 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Sportsters are/were the cheapest way to own that outlaw Harley bike everyone seems to love.

Christ knows what their production numbers are, but they're heavily represented due to their affordability.

Then you have dorks doing a tank lift and putting struts on with a sprung seat. Shit looks fucking lame.

And it's so fucking easy to rile up a sportster owner. It's like picking on your little brother and he can't roll with it. He flips out and shows that it bothers him so you do it more.

Here's my gifts to the motorcycle world.

Get Adobe Flash player

The one excuse I always like. "Sportsters are too small for me". As I look at a dude that's 5'8" and 180 lbs.

Get Adobe Flash player

Be A Man Ride A Pan

Get Adobe Flash player

I will always have my old Ironhead in my collection of old junk. It's just a bunch of parts that almost fit and is higher maintenance than a 20 something stripper. When it runs it sounds like it's try to gut itself but somehow doesn't. It really needs a visit to an engine builder like dragstews but as long as its running it will wait. Once in a while I'm tempted to buy one off craigslist claiming it could be for a future grandchild but I resist. People get really upset when you tell them resale on them is shit.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by KevinN View Post
    I will always have my old Ironhead in my collection of old junk. It's just a bunch of parts that almost fit and is higher maintenance than a 20 something stripper. When it runs it sounds like it's try to gut itself but somehow doesn't. It really needs a visit to an engine builder like dragstews but as long as its running it will wait. Once in a while I'm tempted to buy one off craigslist claiming it could be for a future grandchild but I resist. People get really upset when you tell them resale on them is shit.
    I used to tell my buddy his 68 Ironhead sounded like someone shaking a drawer full of silverware when it was running. Still ran pretty well, although he had lots of transmission problems.

Get Adobe Flash player

The two best days of my life were the day I got that really cool big inch Sportster and the day I finally got rid of that evil leg breaking bastard. But I do kinda miss being able to pull a wheelie at 75. Don't miss stopping every friday to spend half my check on parts.
    Dusty

I hate the "girl bike" shit. Back in the day people rode Triumphs, BSAs, Norton, Harleys and it didn't matter what you rode as long as you could keep up. I know more than one guy who got thrown over the handlebars by a sporty when he didn't kick it all the way through. The difference between a sporty and a Dyna axle to axle is about an 1 1/2" so except for the sporty being lighter not much difference. I'm 6'5" so I make anything look small. There are a lot of phony ass posers out there that ain't worth a good gob of spit.

Share This