Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wkong
    • Feb 2017

custom shops in the PNW?

hey all, anyone know of a shop between Seattle, WA and Eugene, OR that would be able to do some frame work on a 71 CB750? I've got the bike running after it was sitting for many years and I'd like to get the neck cleaned up (previous owner seems to have done a crap self rake job that doesn't look safe whatsoever) along with a few other things taken care of, so I guess I need a place with a frame jig for these bikes... having a tough time finding anything just calling around up here.

thanks
  • copenhagen
    • Dec 2014

Give Motofactory PDX a try maybe they can help!

Comment

• kendall666
      • Oct 2011

Check out Holiday Customs or Dirty Hands Garage. Both in PDX

Comment

• bobberadam
        • Jan 2011

bridge city cycles is a good one, i know a couple guys that work there and they are solid dudes.

Comment

• wkong
          • Feb 2017

Thanks so much everyone, went ahead and called motofactory after seeing the first reply and dropped it off this weekend! They were real easy to coordinate with

Comment

• TheWhiteDevil
            • Jan 2012

I know you dropped it off already but Dirty Hands Garage in Portland Oregon is good spot as well as Cobalt Cycles in Granite Falls Washington.

Comment

• wkong
              • Feb 2017

I appreciate that. The guys did a quick and great job for a reasonable price on the neck and I handed it over to the friend I got it running for while it was there so he could ask for some other stuff he wanted... those bits seemed pricey but hey, it'll be road worthy.

Comment

• wkong
                • Feb 2017

Well, final report after driving down to pick the bike up and get it to my buddy's place for him...

The neck looks great. That's about where the great stops. He was gonna knock out a short list of things that required some welding (passenger leg brackets, a hoop for a brat style seat, other odds and ends) and throwing on a GL front end he had in his shop that I knew would be a bolt on after doing the research. Budget was established and we were off. Long story short he put the GL front end on, didn't like the look of it so took it off and replaced it with a ninja 500 front end (the year of which he doesn't know), put the hoop on then decided he needed to change the 4" extended swingarm out for a stock one he ordered because he didn't like the look of it apparently. That blew the budget by around $1200, and nothing else got touched. So now we've got a front end that from what I can tell requires a lot of modification to get a brake on it on top of hitting the tank at full lock and a top tree that leaves us with no choice but clip ons on a cb750 with mid controls. Kinda liked the 4" extended swing arm on a former drag bike with an 836 kit but hell, maybe he can lift the front tire on accident now?

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                Working...
                ;