Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neal540
    • Feb 2014

2006 Vstar 650 - carb issues

Just picked up a 2006 vstar 650 with 11000 miles. Has been sitting for 7 years in a garage but really good condition after a clean up. I drained the tank and oil and new gas and new oil. The bike has vance and hines short shots on it with baffles but hasn't ever been re jetted. My question is the stock mains are 91.3 and the bike idles fine, but is bogging when I try and take off. Once the bike is moving its fine and warmed up. Should I rejet the bike or is it just cold blooded? I live in central valley in california so its not drastic cold. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Im thinking about buying a k&n filter for it as well and want to get it running well before any customizing occurs.
  • 21guns
    • May 2012

Try adjusting your mixture screws and idle. I fiddle with mine between seasons here in aus.

Comment

• neal540
      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by 21guns
      Try adjusting your mixture screws and idle. I fiddle with mine between seasons here in aus.
      Thanks I will try that tonight. I did drill out the mixture screw caps last night. One thing I did notice was that the front carbs mixture screw was closed all the way so I backed it our 2.5.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
      Working...
      ;