Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metalheart28
    • Feb 2014

thats the exact valve i used farmall. Ill post some pics i have on my phone.

Comment

• metalheart28
      • Feb 2014

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160719_204122.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	294.9 KB
ID:	1295489Click image for larger version

Name:	20160719_204127.jpg
Size:	295.5 KB
ID:	1295490Click image for larger version

Name:	20160719_204457.jpg
Size:	297.7 KB
ID:	1295491Click image for larger version

Name:	20160720_182139.jpg
Size:	296.0 KB
ID:	1295492Click image for larger version

Name:	20160720_182146.jpg
Size:	296.1 KB
ID:	1295493
      TC Bros. is the top supplier of DIY custom chopper and bobber motorcycle parts. If you own a Harley, Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, or Triumph you can find parts at TC Bros.

TC Bros. is the top supplier of DIY custom chopper and bobber motorcycle parts. If you own a Harley, Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, or Triumph you can find parts at TC Bros.

here is the stuff I used in my brake setup. i used the goodridge sniper brake lines and fittings because the line is really flexible and you can put the ends on without any special tools. you can see in the pic i was able to run the line under the front master cylinder and through my bars. the line goes down and is run into a junction and split into two lines i bent and then ran into the proportion/distrubution valve which i placed under my battery box. there is three outputs on the valve so i plugged one with a brass inverted flared plug and the output with the adjustment valve goes to the front and the other to the rear. it works really well and i'm very happy with it! it wasnt the easiest system to bleed though.

Comment

• farmall
        • Apr 2013

Nice! I like how you ran the lines and where you located the valve.

Comment

• metalheart28
          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by farmall
          Nice! I like how you ran the lines and where you located the valve.
          Thanks! It came together real nice. I just wish there was a way to have the lines ran individually from one master so if I lost front and still have rear or vice versa without having to spend a couple grand.

Comment

• AlleyOop
            • Oct 2014

I have a buddy who is paralyzed from the waist down. He rides his side hack Shovel with a linked braking system run through some sort of proportioning valve and it works great.

Comment

• RayyyH
              • Feb 2013

I wanna do a proportioning valve on my bike running to the foot brake just to clean up the handlebars.

Couldn't you also run a double brake lever (not even sure if they make one) on one side so you can squeeze them both or squeeze one or the other? Granted one would have to stick out a little further.

Comment

• metalheart28
                • Feb 2014

Originally posted by RayyyH
                I wanna do a proportioning valve on my bike running to the foot brake just to clean up the handlebars.

Couldn't you also run a double brake lever (not even sure if they make one) on one side so you can squeeze them both or squeeze one or the other? Granted one would have to stick out a little further.

2 grand is a lil pricey

Comment

• farmall
                  • Apr 2013

Thanks! It came together real nice. I just wish there was a way to have the lines ran individually from one master so if I lost front and still have rear or vice versa without having to spend a couple grand.
                  Separate caliper with a separate foot pedal (or a separate left side handlebar master) since you need emergency stopping more than rapid downshifting to get home?

You might use a stock master and replace the plunger with a longer rod to operate a small car or truck dual master cylinder. You could machine a mating flange for your modified stock master which so your dual master remains stock and cheaply replaceable. You could prototype all that on your workbench while using what you've already fabricated.

You could bush the bore of the stock master since you'd be cutting the end off anyway, and use suitable diameter steel rod stock for the new operating rod to eliminate flex.

Your proportioning valve would be handy to tweak the balance.

An interesting go-kart dual master. Note the pivot design which could easily be fabbed opposite the pic for a pull lever instead of a push setup.

You could mock one up by bolting a brake lever to a hunk of plate then trying different cylinder setups.

Comment

• TheDave
                    • Aug 2012

Look at Jeff wrights "s&s 50th anniversary" bike. I believe he had a thumb actuated rear break lever mounted to the bars.

Comment

• metalheart28
                      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by farmall
                      Separate caliper with a separate foot pedal (or a separate left side handlebar master) since you need emergency stopping more than rapid downshifting to get home?

You might use a stock master and replace the plunger with a longer rod to operate a small car or truck dual master cylinder. You could machine a mating flange for your modified stock master which so your dual master remains stock and cheaply replaceable. You could prototype all that on your workbench while using what you've already fabricated.

You could bush the bore of the stock master since you'd be cutting the end off anyway, and use suitable diameter steel rod stock for the new operating rod to eliminate flex.

Your proportioning valve would be handy to tweak the balance.

An interesting go-kart dual master. Note the pivot design which could easily be fabbed opposite the pic for a pull lever instead of a push setup.

You could mock one up by bolting a brake lever to a hunk of plate then trying different cylinder setups.
                      my left side bar is open now since i moved the clutch to a suicide shift so i could run another master on that side. my clutch will be staying on the suicide shift but i am goin to be putting a pingel electric shifter on it because i dont like almost always having just one hand on my bars. man you got some great ideas and i like the go cart master. right at the moment i am chasing what i think is a lifter noise that is going to take up my time well hopefully not to much time cause i just got some fenders that i need to widen and radius that i am going to put on it also. i got a pretty big to do list with this thing.

Comment

• farmall
                        • Apr 2013

You might use a bar mounted kill switch as backup for instant engine braking with both hands on the bars.

Your end result will be different and complex enough that you should practice to make operation instinctive.

The thumb brake is a neat idea popular with racers. Google "thumb operated master cylinder" etc for plenty of hits.

The perfect complement to a Rekluse auto clutch, the left hand rear brake kit allows riders to fully operate the rear brake using only their left hand. The rear foot pedal is still operational at any point in time.

Comment

• BuddhahoodVato
                          • Apr 2010

test

Comment

• Billyoungblood
                            • Aug 2021

Originally posted by humancertainty
                            One of my buddies can't use his right leg. He does jockey shift with a brake lever on either side. He's also on a trike, though. He's building a bagger with a sidecar and is planning on running a 3/4 MC with a proportioning valve for the brakes.
                            I have a flhtcu with a sidecar and want to put a proportioning valve on and use front brake lever any ideas

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                            Working...
                            ;