Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1287.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	285.6 KB
ID:	1308957

Comment

• Davestune
      • May 2014

Do you have side to side play in your kicker arm outside to inside kicker cover

Comment

• Tattooo
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Davestune
        Do you have side to side play in your kicker arm outside to inside kicker cover
        In and out also.......

Comment

• DoomBuggy
          • Oct 2016

No free play that I can determine. Back a whole bunch of posts I had an issue where the kicker was not working properly when I was kicking it through with a dry transmission. I have to think that is when I did the damage.

I have a "new" push rod coming on Friday, so we will see what we see.

One question I do have right now, the kicker cover has a set screw in the cover, that set screw seems to control how far out the push rod / throwout bearing slides.

Does anyone know how to adjust it? Right now it is turned all the way in and I have to wonder if this is correct or not, I cannot find directions anywhere in the manual or on-line.

Thoughts?

Here is a picture Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1289[1].jpg
Size:	299.4 KB
ID:	1309011

Comment

• Davestune
            • May 2014

No thats a level plug,

Comment

• DoomBuggy
              • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Davestune
              No thats a level plug,
              Interesting, it is actually pushing the clutch release finger moving it toward the throw out bearing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clutch.jpg
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	1309014

Comment

• Tattooo
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by DoomBuggy
                Interesting, it is actually pushing the clutch release finger moving it toward the throw out bearing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]91903[/ATTACH]
                You have the wrong push rod for it to do that........ You need the early push rod not the later one ....

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                  • Oct 2016

OK back in the very first page we ( you folks ) helped to determine that the trans case has a date of Nov 1959. The rod I have coming is 13 1/4". Is that the correct one?

I knew this bike was a Frankenstein when I bought it, but had hoped they had at least matched the parts. After opening up the motor I should know better!

Thanks,
                  -DB

Comment

• Tattooo
                    • Sep 2012

OK back in the very first page we ( you folks ) helped to determine that the trans case has a date of Nov 1959. The rod I have coming is 13 1/4". Is that the correct one?
                    The length isn't the problem it's what the back end looks like that goes into the throw out bearing....

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                      • Oct 2016

Ah ok, thanks, this one is supposed to replace the OEM, don't have the HD part number at hand.

Comment

• Davestune
                        • May 2014

Take a look at s s kicker covers and a 1 pc kicker arm for it, real nice i swear by them
                        Me i love my knee and usually by the baker kicker gear set and build it out new.
                        I have some nice oem gear sets but hanging on to them.
                        Stay away from Taiwan Ted's shit

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                          • Oct 2016

OK, if I am going to spend the coin for Baker gears I will also take a close look at the cover for cracks or excessive wear at the bushings. If I replace the cover, would you suggest an S&S or nice 60 year old OEM? I tend to lean toward OEM whenever possible, but am interested in everyone's thoughts on it.

Next, I notice that the clutch basket moves a bit when I pull in the clutch lever. The hub is nice and tight, I am going to pull the retainer and make sure I got all 53 of the bearings in there. If they are all there the next thing is to check the tolerance between the hub, basket, and bearings. I will assume the acceptable tolerance is in the book. Should I end up replacing the basket or hub, which is everyone's preference, the long bearings or the short ones in the cage?

And the beat goes on.........

Comment

• Tattooo
                            • Sep 2012

From what I have heard the S$S covers are made very nice..... If there isn't anything wrong with your basket keep what you have.... You sure don't want a repop one....

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                              • Oct 2016

The basket is a BDL unit, I am running a primary belt drive. Not keen to replace it, but need to figure out the slop at that end

Comment

• Tattooo
                                • Sep 2012

The basket is a BDL unit, I am running a primary belt drive. Not keen to replace it, but need to figure out the slop at that end
                                Take your belt off and see what the hub does when you spin it in the direction that it normally goes....

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;