Burkhart mag housing with Morris M5 head?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SportsterKnee74
    • May 2015

Burkhart mag housing with Morris M5 head?

Will they work together?

Putting together a Shovel here and going for a "40's Coke Machine (cooler) look". Wanting to use the Burkhart sandcast cam-cover and Morris M5 head on top. Morris won't really discuss the topic, as they see it as bastardizing their M5 and I don't wanna blow the jack on the Burkhart cover w/o knowing. The friggin M5 is already $1800 alone...

Bolt pattern looks the same (looking at pics)? The M5's original cover clocks the mag body to about 1:00, whereas the Burkhart is pretty much 12-o'clock vertical.

Anyone seen this combo, run it, or have both to compare ?
  • 83hdchopper
    • Apr 2010

The Burkhart adapters use a hex drive and the M5 does not. The M5 uses a whole different drive set up. So you'd have to make an adapter for the M5 head. Could it be done, yes. But what would the added cost be. The Joe Hunts use a hex drive and seem to be the typical combo on the Burkhart cam cover. I run a M5 on my shovel and is my preferred mag setup.

Comment

• SportsterKnee74
      • May 2015

Thank you, that's the kind of SOLID info I was after!

Comment

• DanAz
        • Sep 2011

Do you already own the M5 head?
        If not the Morris MM74 head is hex drive. I'd pick the Morris over a Hunt.

Comment

• SportsterKnee74
          • May 2015

It's for my friend's bike we're building. Nothing bought yet, but he's dead set on the Morris M5 as he's running one on another bike and loves it.
          It's all good, he's just going to have to run it as it comes from Morris and forget about the Burkhart cover.

Comment

• shank1kole
            • Dec 2015

any chance the housing is up for grabs then?please pm me if it is.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;