CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Lowbrow customs Shotgun Pipes

Anyone running these on their efi sporty? Do you like it? Curious to know how hard these are to tune with a power commander and what I can expect? Anyone one have any sound clips (besides ones from the lowbrow site)? Clips of actual riding and driveby. Does anyone know of anyone making shotgun pipes with baffles in them?

Something like this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails xl8 (1).jpg  
    Last edited by imjuslazy; 01-27-2017 at 12:00 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

I found these but I am a little scared of the quality. Haven't heard anything about these and it seems like this ebay seller is the only place you can get it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHROME-ULTIM...RYLeYh&vxp=mtr

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by imjuslazy View Post
    I found these but I am a little scared of the quality. Haven't heard anything about these and it seems like this ebay seller is the only place you can get it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHROME-ULTIM...RYLeYh&vxp=mtr
    ordered a set today see what they are like in about a week, I think i might cut them a bit shorter

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by tedjames View Post
    ordered a set today see what they are like in about a week, I think i might cut them a bit shorter
    Any updates?

Get Adobe Flash player

the only update i have is the ebay seller is an asshole and never shipped, i was refunded and decided to weld up my own pipes. ill add some photos when i finish

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AA84E98C-973C-40E9-B6B1-A5634EB5C9C4.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	117.2 KB 
ID:	87402

I currently have the shotgun pipes on my EFI sportster. I think they fit pretty awesome and look even better. The only thing is they are straight pipes. Expect them to be loud and to have no back pressure.
    I am currently in the process of customizing them to fit baffles and will be calming them down a little next week.
    I would say the build quality , packaging, and customer service are all amazing . I would recommend them over plenty of other drag pipes for sure. Just make sure to get some heat wrap and the heat guards, they get hot!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by DrewBlood View Post

Name:	AA84E98C-973C-40E9-B6B1-A5634EB5C9C4.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	117.2 KB 
ID:	87402

I currently have the shotgun pipes on my EFI sportster. I think they fit pretty awesome and look even better. The only thing is they are straight pipes. Expect them to be loud and to have no back pressure.
    I am currently in the process of customizing them to fit baffles and will be calming them down a little next week.
    I would say the build quality , packaging, and customer service are all amazing . I would recommend them over plenty of other drag pipes for sure. Just make sure to get some heat wrap and the heat guards, they get hot!
    Keep us posted on the baffle/muffler project. I'm dying to get some high pipes on mine. I scrape the front exhaust on hard right turns and it's scaaaaaaary.

Get Adobe Flash player

^ I second that

Get Adobe Flash player

Looking to get these on my efi sportster. I’m in a Paughco frame though. If anyone has has any photos ahead of time before I pull the trigger that’d be real sick. Otherwise I’ll dive on the sword and be the guinea pig.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3874E519-5C26-41B7-A8FE-0C994CC3D06E.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	167.7 KB 
ID:	108033

Get Adobe Flash player

Sharp looking rigid!

I'd think REAL hard about blocking starter motor access though. I cover my ass by running the pushbutton solenoid end covers as backup but with or without them it's a very good ideal to run pipes that don't block solenoid access in case ya have starting problems on the road. Ya can bypass the starter switch and relay but if you need to push the plunger (if solenoid windings die etc) then easy cover access can make the difference between a few minutes work (if you don't run the pushbutton and need to pull the end cover) or a wrecker ride.

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks man!

I had considered that, I know it’s just a Harley thing so I ran one on my last sporty. Got one on my FXR even! I figure if that was something I ever needed I can have a lever I can reach and push on from the opposite side that’ll hit the solenoid.

Get Adobe Flash player

Pics of FXR, for science?

Get Adobe Flash player

I should probably throw this in the one of the FXR threads eventually.

Name:	48916CAE-DBF8-4805-A198-2F62B57257A2.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	149.9 KB 
ID:	108052

Get Adobe Flash player

Looks basically like what I'm rebuilding, simple and practical except mine's not a TC but an S&S Evo-style with a bagger box.

What rear shocks are ya running? My back is trashed and while bagger takeoff air shocks work I'd like a bit more travel. BTW if ya post it in the "Everything FXR" thread do throw in some bottom crossmember, mid control mount area mods and other detailed Twin Cam conversion shots since those details help noobs.
    Last edited by farmall; 01-08-2021 at 9:58 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    What rear shocks are ya running?
    14” Fox IFP-R. It was either these or Ohlins. I just couldn’t let myself get Legends. The look of them kinda blew it for me. Don’t regret the Fox at all though! Lots of adjustment and super comfortable and stable at all speeds.

I’ll get it posted up when I finish my front end!

Get Adobe Flash player

Name:	DA326201-DAF1-4FFB-A94C-FDCF3B504F38.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	175.7 KB 
ID:	108516

Came out pretty killer! An 02 bung had to be relocated a little bit on the rear cylinder so it wouldn’t hit the oil tank. The bracket worked for the front cylinder but needed a small bracket to attach it to the bracket for the rear. Can’t see it though since it’s behind the pipes. Had my buddy help me out with that. And now she’s titties! Also extended the kickstand while we were at it so it didn’t have such a scary lean.

The only hiccup is that the exhaust puts your passengers toes in harms way. Going to make a little step-up for the peg and call it a day on exhaust.

Get Adobe Flash player

Looks good man. I'm curious about the lever you're talking about to access the solenoid from the other side. That's what's keeping me from running similar pipes.

Share This