CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Worst site ever

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Worst site ever

I cannot seem to stay logged in on my desktop or cell phone. I cannot message people on my phone in mobile or desktop view. Has to be the most frustrating site to use

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by NoSprk View Post
    I cannot seem to stay logged in on my desktop or cell phone. I cannot message people on my phone in mobile or desktop view. Has to be the most frustrating site to use
    It must be your desktop of it's your server as I have NO problems what so ever...........

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by NoSprk View Post
    That's on your end dude.

So you need to be a bit introspective and ask yourself if you might be the worst computer person ever.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by CRFyou View Post

Ask yourself if you might be the worst computer person ever.
    Naw ...... I hold that title ... !!!! ... Lol

Get Adobe Flash player

Actually, unless something changed in the past month there is a really annoying security setting that this site uses: when you log in on a device it invalidates the login cookie on all other devices. That means that unless you always use the same device to visit this site you are forced to re-login on virtually every visit.

Get Adobe Flash player

Speaking of security......whats up with the 90 people "just signed up" with nonsensical names? Everytime i check the "my network" section most all the posts are bogus "just signed up"?

Get Adobe Flash player

We delete fake accounts on a daily basis and do our best to keep the site free of spam. I do apprecaite the members who take the time to report threads and accounts that don't belong. Lisa

Get Adobe Flash player

I seem to have to re login everyday. Always use same device too. Not a problem really. But I am having trouble messaging people in either mobile or desktop mode.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by nickey View Post
    I seem to have to re login everyday. Always use same device too. Not a problem really. But I am having trouble messaging people in either mobile or desktop mode.
    I'll take a look.

Lisa, who ever you are, thanks for all you do.

Allen

Easy does it Boy'ohs!

Get Adobe Flash player

Everytime i check the "my network" section most all the posts are bogus "just signed up"?
    I never use that feature since it isn't useful. Spambots are a constant threat throughout the internet.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    I never use that feature since it isn't useful. Spambots are a constant threat throughout the internet.
    A lot of time is spent deleting fake accounts. My job seems easy versus sitting being a computer creating fake aliases. That has to be the shittiest job ever.

I do appreciate every one that takes the time to report them and their wake ass thread.

Keep being awesome!
    Lisa

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by nickey View Post
    I too have to re-login every time I come back to the web site. It will not keep me logged in. Once I close the window, when I come back, im logged out. I notice that the site does not have the option to stay logged in when you log in. Why I have no idea but this is about the only web site I have ever seen that seems to have turned off that option and it can be very frustrating at times. I know im just one person and prob dont give two s**ts about but it really keeps me from posting or visiting a lot when I seem to have to keep logging in all the time. I have brought it up before in the past and so have other members but we have seemed to have just been ignored. Being a forum owner myself, if I see people complain about the way my web site is not working or people having troubles, I will address it and also let them know I have seen their problem and that I will look into it or explain why something is the way it is but I dont ignore them or tell them that they just dont know how to operate a computer or its their fault, not mine. I will at least try so figure why its not working for them even if it is on their end and not mine.

Oh well, I'll shut up now and go find something else to do, like work on my bike.

Get Adobe Flash player

Ive never understood the people that complain about free shit. Its free use site. If it doesnt work oh fucking well it cost you nothing.

Get Adobe Flash player

Yes, it might be "free" but when shit dont work worth a crap half the time, users will go else where and if enough of them leave, you end up with a web site with little to no traffic. If there is no traffic, then who is going to click on all the ads that pay them per click that help keep the site "free" for you. They run out of money or cant afford to keep it going do to lost ad revenue, good by web site....

I own and run 3 "free" forums and I do what I can to keep my members there and happy as they will bring new members and so on. If the thing dont work, they will go elsewhere and bring that traffic with them.

Oh well, I guess I will just except that the admins of this "free" web site dont give a crap about us "free" members. Since the web underwent a few changed a few years back, its been a pain and I have stopped coming here a lot just cause it gets frustrating sometimes and I dont want to deal with it. Well, this free user is outta here, I have more important stuff to get done today.... Later!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Hippie459MN View Post
    Yes, it might be "free" but when shit dont work worth a crap half the time, users will go else where and if enough of them leave, you end up with a web site with little to no traffic. If there is no traffic, then who is going to click on all the ads that pay them per click that help keep the site "free" for you. They run out of money or cant afford to keep it going do to lost ad revenue, good by web site....

I own and run 3 "free" forums and I do what I can to keep my members there and happy as they will bring new members and so on. If the thing dont work, they will go elsewhere and bring that traffic with them.

Oh well, I guess I will just except that the admins of this "free" web site dont give a crap about us "free" members. Since the web underwent a few changed a few years back, its been a pain and I have stopped coming here a lot just cause it gets frustrating sometimes and I dont want to deal with it. Well, this free user is outta here, I have more important stuff to get done today.... Later!

Do you own Jockey Journal???????? If so that place sucks.......... I have no problems here so I guess it's on your end.......... See ya.....

Get Adobe Flash player

Firefox on Xubuntu Linux here. No problems and I use the FF "save password feature" all the time. I don't login using other devices very often since my PC is always on unless there's a prolonged power outage, but I do log out. I don't save banking passwords etc but for forums there's no reason not to if you own/control the device.

I have a variety of browsers on all my machines including my phone (it doesn't cpst anything) to keep current and have plenty of choices. If an "update" causes problems or my very-locked-down Firefox doesn't work well with a site, I open that site in another browser.

When you have browsing problems post the browser(s) and compare to other browsers. That way others can do the same thing. I'm usually bored enough in the evenings to do that.

Get Adobe Flash player

i wish the search thing were better. i can never find what im looking for. lastnight i tried searching for the diy breather bolt thread, every single thread that had the words bolt, breather, diy came up. after an hour i gave up. thats about the only thing i can think to bitch about.

Get Adobe Flash player

I just hate the fact that there is no option to remain logged in so every time I close my browser, and sometime just the browser tab, I get logged out of the web site and I am constantly having to log back in. It does this to me on Firefox and chrome. Why that is even disabled is silly. That and the style and look of the forums feels really dated and not very eye appealing to me. I know looks arent everything but it does help. With that, I dont own or run the web site so to the site owner(s), do what you will I guess.

Share This