CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 66 of 68 First ... 16566465666768 Last

Thread: The Shit List

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by voodoovintage View Post
    Before you complain about Voodoo Vintage and the three prior professional shops that you claimed "screwed you before", you should include the entire transaction between yourself and this shop. It was plainly stated to you in the beginning that we do not provide a production hardtail for the "pressed steel frame" on the CB360. You also requested that the mounts would accommodate BOTH the CB360 and... The CB350 motors. Being different in mounting measurements, universal mounts were provided. You were also told that we did not have a FULL cb360 motor casing to use as a jig and minor modification might possibly be necessary. You became very unrealistic in your expectations of a "PLUG AND PLAY" frame without having to make any adjustments or modifications to your components (such as your motor spacers or your brake lever). I did not charge for the modifications on your brake lever, only the brake cross-over that was welded to your frame. For small modifications such as extending your choke bracket, bending your brake lever another 1/4", etc... We (I) refuse to waste any more time trying to give you a "haircut over the phone".

Time is money my friend! This may be a hobby to you, but my family depends on my income. Did you mention to the good folks on Chop Cult that ALL THIS WORK including THREE ($75) shipping charges were out of my pocket and you were only charged $900 for a project that should have easily been $1600! You made me apathetic with your complaints about prior shops and I broke my "rules" by offering you such a dramatic discount! Thank you for making me regret it. And PayPal did NOT make a mistake! I provided them the invoice along with photos of your frame (with the motor jigs (cb350 and cb360) installed along with your solo seat, brake cross-over, etc... They determined that you received more than you paid for and closed the case in OUR FAVOR!

And yes... I was quite "irritated" when I threatened to file a LEAN on your VIN number. How would you explain to your crying wife that you just spent two weeks working for free because your customer is too f*&cking lazy to whip out a pry bar and bend his own damn brake lever another 1/4"??? You, my friend, have no business building motorcycles and should consider purchasing your next "project" straight from the dealership! Please... Stick with "bolt-on" only products!

Lastly... I have approximately 25 current customers that would like to "THANK YOU" for consuming an hour of their time that would have otherwise been spent assembling their frames! I have been blessed that in almost 10 years of doing this, I have only had two or three customers like you, however... If I never have another one, I would not hurt my feelings! Take care TJ Musinski and please... Just "move along"?Attachment 71236Attachment 71237Attachment 71238Attachment 71239Attachment 71240

You may be in the right, but engaging in a pissing match on a forum looks pretty bad dude. If you want your company to grow this is not how you will get that done. Just offering a bit of advice.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by ezeerider View Post
    ok, i've given this dude plenty of chances to be a man and send me the pipes i paid for.
    Its been a month since i paid him.
    I have texted and called the phone number he gave. Nothing.
    I have messaged him through chopcult messages. Nothing.
    I have messaged him through paypal. Nothing.
    His name is kmac982011.
    The name listed on his paypal account is william mcelveen.
    His email is kmjul23@yahoo.com.
    The phone number he gave was 904-772-4492
    if anyone knows this dude, tell him its time to man up and send me the damn pipes.
    I've filed a dispute with paypal.
    Don't deal with this fucker.
    update: Paypal refunded all but $9 of the money i sent this guy. I still have not heard a word from him and neither has paypal. First time i was ever burned on cc. If i would have sent this as a gift, or sent a check or cash, i would be out $170, but it only cost me $9 to know who not to deal with. Lesson learned. Paypal works when you use it right.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by BurnoutNova View Post
    You may be in the right, but engaging in a pissing match on a forum looks pretty bad dude. If you want your company to grow this is not how you will get that done. Just offering a bit of advice.
    Eh.. I get what you're saying but his rep speaks for itself. Everyone's knowledge base is different... but that dude has been really fucking solid for a very long time. Sucks to have someone get upset/unreasonable every once in a while for sure. Fact is, VooDoo is already well established and one young buck who started something he didn't completely understand nor want to accept isn't going to affect them.

Get Adobe Flash player

I buy a ton of parts from eBay, chop cult classifieds, Craigslist and most recently off of instagram. After hundreds of smooth transactions I guess it was just a matter of time before I got fucked with. Its not that it was a huge kick in the nuts but if you sell me a wheel with a complete star hub assembled and when I receive it with missing parts and different parts, then in my opinion that is shady. Just beware if your are considering buying from Vitzy Boys on IG. Pictured one thing and sent another. When I told him I was bummed he said that it was an old picture and he would send me a brand new cover, which I declined.

Get Adobe Flash player

I am trying to understand the above statement, Are you saying he offered to make it right by sending you the parts the wheel was missing and you declined?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by bobberadam View Post
    I am trying to understand the above statement, Are you saying he offered to make it right by sending you the parts the wheel was missing and you declined?
    Correct. The wheel was not in the same condition as in the picture that was advertised for sale. I bought it because it was complete and I would've been able to save some time with my project. Now I have to dig through a hundred boxes of shit looking for a cover and some screws. I know it may seem silly. But if I put a picture of my panhead up and sold it based on the picture, the buyer would be pretty pissed if he got it and it and I had taken all of the internals out of the engine but taped them to the cases minus the rings. I declined because, sure it will take some time to look for some parts in my stash but it will still be faster then waiting for a package to show up. I chose to share my experience with this seller so others like me who pay attention to detail, will be in the know.

Get Adobe Flash player

Just had the same shit pulled on me.... And for mega more bucks involved....

Here's what I got burned for....

Need a replacement tank for your Buell?
    We've got what you need.
    Give us a call today!

Looks good for a photo...
    Was told that it would fit with very little trouble mounting it....
    Boy if that wasn't a bunch of B/S .....

The problems was many:
    (1) Bottom located to low causing the tank not to go forward, riding on the frame tubing...
    (2) The need to glass all the flanges longer in-order to match up with the OG body work...Mostly all the seams are off.
    (3) Bottom of the tank only having 0.080" thickness of glass...
    (4) The coating being 3/4" thick on the right side and hardly none on the left side...
    (5) Glass not rolled down at the front of the tank....
    (6) The bat-wing on the left side sticking up at the front of the tank...
    (7) Having 3/8" NPT bungs instead of the 1/4" that Buell used...
    (8) No threads for the tank vent..

And what are they going to do about.... ???
    Well, I got horse-laughed at and they hung up the phone on me ....

Mightly fine Folks right there.... Got fucked without even being Kissed ...!!!
    Last edited by Dragstews; 01-21-2017 at 10:05 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Gracias,good to know..
    Quote Originally Posted by hsoj74 View Post
    Correct. The wheel was not in the same condition as in the picture that was advertised for sale. I bought it because it was complete and I would've been able to save some time with my project. Now I have to dig through a hundred boxes of shit looking for a cover and some screws. I know it may seem silly. But if I put a picture of my panhead up and sold it based on the picture, the buyer would be pretty pissed if he got it and it and I had taken all of the internals out of the engine but taped them to the cases minus the rings. I declined because, sure it will take some time to look for some parts in my stash but it will still be faster then waiting for a package to show up. I chose to share my experience with this seller so others like me who pay attention to detail, will be in the know.

Get Adobe Flash player

Elvisplace.com

I bought two billet aluminum rear axle adjusters for my FXR.

Both plates and hardware rattled out within 3,000 miles.
    after first one rattled out I chalked up it's loss as being possibly linked to a minor collision.
    emailed requesting to purchase replacement.
    Elvis stated he does not make parts. And will not separate a plate from an existing set because the guy that made them died.
    Okay.
    Rig up temporary fix. Check all bolts after minor collision and keep riding.
    Second plate and hardware rattle out.
    I notice because my rear axle slides forward and my rear drive belt began ratcheting.

Here, he offers to sell me a full set for a "discounted price" because they've gone up considerably in price since when I purchased them.
    Complete refusal to stand by a product he is selling.
    I would not recommend anyone purchase a set of these for their FXR. they look neat, but are the only rear axle adjusters I've ever had that just rattled out, and under remarkably low mileage.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elvis.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	135.8 KB 
ID:	77743

Get Adobe Flash player

I am not quite sure what happened but at the beginning of July i ordered a patch off of the Chop Cult store and waited... and waited.. and waited.. I never received it and I emailed them and never got a reply. I just kind of figured it got lost in the mail or something. Im not butthurt or anything because it was only like $8 and ive lost more money than that doing stupid shit. If this post shouldnt be on this thread go ahead and delete it but i was just throwing it out there haha

Get Adobe Flash player

Percision cycle does some pretty shitty work, took my bike in to get the rear tire swapped got it back drive belt deflection was so loose had to tighten and realign myself, as well as had buddies that had shitty work done too

Get Adobe Flash player

Ordered a pair of manifolds from Steadfast Cycles through Ebay. When they didn't arrive past the due date i inquired as to when they would ship. The reply was that the parts were "lost in the move" and they would order more for me. Well anxious as I was for the parts and knowing they could be had elsewhere, I said "never mind, cancel my order". I then ordered them elsewhere. The next day Steadfast ships the parts to me! I get manifolds from both companies on the same day! I explain to them what happened and that I'm shipping them back and expect a full refund. I ship them back. No refund. I make a claim with Ebay who decides in my favor and makes a full refund including shipping. Steadfast say that Ebay wouldn't let them take a 20% restocking fee so that's why they balked. Just terrible service and worse communication and a snotty attitude to go with it.

Get Adobe Flash player

Just updating that LisaBallard handled this and she got it straightened out! Thanks!!

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Warning ..!!! ... eBay TRW Forged Pistons

Started laying out the parts to go into the powder coated Ironhead motor...

Got a few boxes of new parts for this build that's been bought up in the last 6 months or so..
    One of those new parts was a set of TRW pistons that came from eBay.... These was Nos from Dixie International's inventory ...

Ran up on a problem..... Took the wrist pin out of the piston and did a feel test with it in the rod bushing (Brand New S&S Rods)... Pin fell right in with a bit of slop.... WTF .... So, got out the mic's to see just how much slop was there... It's about .0013 under the std size, meaning in order to run these pistons I would need to replace the new bushings that S&S sized for the std pin, or hone out the piston pin bore to the std size and get new wrist pins ......... Screw dat..... These will NOT be used, I'm getting a set of Wiseco's ....... .......... ... Beware Fellows, the TRW Pistons are all over eBay ...

Name:	IMG_1220.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	289.3 KB 
ID:	80009

Edit:
    Well, went ahead with making them work...
    Owner's call..
    Went with replacing the wrist-pin bushings...

Name:	IMG_1303.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	299.7 KB 
ID:	80401

Name:	IMG_1304.jpg 
Size:	295.0 KB 
ID:	80402
    Last edited by Dragstews; 12-14-2017 at 8:20 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Good to know! Thanks for the heads up.

Get Adobe Flash player

Those pistons can still be put into service ... Just going to take buying a few parts and some time at the Sunnen Lbb hone in order to do so ..

Get Adobe Flash player

It's hard to believe that TRW who ever bought the name is selling crap like that....

littledill

Quote Originally Posted by Jay235 View Post
    Percision cycle does some pretty shitty work, took my bike in to get the rear tire swapped got it back drive belt deflection was so loose had to tighten and realign myself, as well as had buddies that had shitty work done too
    Yeah they did me wrong too

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooo View Post
    It's hard to believe that TRW who ever bought the name is selling crap like that....

Product is about 40 years old and been obsoleted long ago .. Bet Dixie had it that long on a shelf .... Being Dixie, they could have bought blems and set on them until they went out of business...

Get Adobe Flash player

Ok ...... After a bunch of thought, I'm putting them into service....

Here's what went down ......

Call a couple old friends that's been in the field of building Hot-Rod motors for more years than I can remember ...
    They gave me info on the wall fit that I greatly needed to know.....

From this info I did a check for taper, out of round and clearance on the jug's bores.

Name:	IMG_1221.jpg 
Size:	293.7 KB 
ID:	80013

Did a ball hone to the jugs..... ^^

They are in great shape as is, just a small amount of taper was detected ....

The best part is..... They are at the middle of wall fit ....

Name:	IMG_1223.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	285.6 KB 
ID:	80014

.004" to .006" is what I was told by these Gents.....

Thanks to Pete Hill and Ron Atell .....

Got to replace the wrist pin bushings and size to the TRW's undersize pin..
    This motor will be seeing a set of Gapless Rings from Total Seal Inc....
    Last edited by Dragstews; 11-24-2017 at 9:54 AM.

Share This