• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ARBY
    • Apr 2024

Originally posted by OhioFlameThrower
    This entire thread is amazing to me.

www.flamethrowercustoms.com
    See this is the thing. I know people have lives but damn, when I plop down $1,500 to 2 grand for a paint job I don't want to wait 6 to 8 weeks because somebody is at their day job, or coaching little league, or at Bike Week. I wanna know that when I give money up front my stuff is gonna get done within a week or two. After all. Would you paint my tins then wait 6 to 8 weeks to get paid and then put up with all my bullshit excuses as to why the money hasn't come yet? I don't think so.

Comment

• CRFyou
      • Mar 2010

Exactly, Arby.

Or people should organize to the point of allowing you an appointment to get your stuff made.

Something like this...

--Consumer-- "Hello, I would like to buy your super cool ******."

--Guy that makes stuff -- "Thanks for your interest. But it looks like I'm 6 months out right now. How about we make an appointment for next year? I'll pencil you in for May 3rd, 2013 and you send payment the week before and get your helmet in 2 weeks. Does that work for you? "

Comment

• jluck27
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by CRFyou
        Exactly, Arby.

Or people should organize to the point of allowing you an appointment to get your stuff made.

Something like this...

--Guy that makes stuff -- "Thanks for your interest. But it looks like I'm 6 months out right now. How about we make an appointment for next year? I'll pencil you in for May 3rd, 2013 and you send payment the week before and get your helmet in 2 weeks. Does that work for you? "

+ 1,000,000,000 ..if you're to busy or can't keep up with demand, then do what's necessary to meet it, or stop taking peoples money. It's a simple formula.

I understand being busy and life happens, but you sell a product that someone expects in a timely manner. If you don't even communicate that it will take 6 months to get that product, that sucks that the buyer wasn't even given the choice to go somewhere else. That's bad business no matter who you are.

Comment

• yeti
          • Apr 2024

Exactly! just stop taking money, take their contact info and a week or two out contact the customer for payment the week before you get it done. The vendor can then just move to the next guy if you decide its been too long and got your shit somewhere else. No ones out anything and no one is disappointed. I run a retail biz and could never get away with some of the shit I read about on here and other forums. The difference is that I have to deal face to face with my customers, they would never put up with this crap.

Comment

• ARBY
            • Apr 2024

Originally posted by CRFyou
            Exactly, Arby.

Something like this...

That's what I'm sayin'. And if I can't live with those terms I'll go some place else.

Comment

• ARBY
              • Apr 2024

[QUOTE=yeti;277799.... The difference is that I have to deal face to face with my customers, they would never put up with this crap.[/QUOTE]

Yeah see, it's a lot harder to fuck somebody over when they're standing right in front of you leaning on a baseball bat!!!

Comment

• spdmtlrcng
                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by jluck27
                Haha..Chopper glory bro!!!!
                Fuck yea dude!!!!Maybe when he runs out of whatever trust fund he seems to have you will get your helmets. It seems weird to me that my man is in a different continent or rally or art show or whatever every time I look on his blog. Looks like the money guys send him pay for his exploits and not your helmets. Case in point his hand laid CB cafe fairing he made. He had time for that shit but not time for getting his orders filled for paying customers. Just seems shady. Helmets are gay no matter what size they are on your dome piece. As long as it protects your shit and you look like your obeying the law, fuck it. This shit isn't a fashion show. Then again, its your cash. Good luck my man.

Comment

• TimBob
                  • Feb 2012

I ordered my Joe King helmet on November 16, 2011. We are now into March, and I have no helmet or even a tracking #. On Jan 30, Paulo told me my helmet would ship that week and he would have a tracking # for me. Still not answering my emails. Potential buyer beware!!! I may have lost $300.

Comment

• calicruiser
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by ARBY
                    See this is the thing. I know people have lives but damn, when I plop down $1,500 to 2 grand for a paint job I don't want to wait 6 to 8 weeks because somebody is at their day job, or coaching little league, or at Bike Week. I wanna know that when I give money up front my stuff is gonna get done within a week or two. After all. Would you paint my tins then wait 6 to 8 weeks to get paid and then put up with all my bullshit excuses as to why the money hasn't come yet? I don't think so.
                    I wanna start off by saying that I am NOT defending anyone in this thread. With that being said, what you are saying ^^^ is not true. I own my own business (Old School Helmets & Custom Paint). Been at it for about 3 yrs. It has grown and obviously people like what I do and want what I have to offer. If you call me up today, I would tell you my turnaround time is 4-6 weeks on a paint job for a bike. We agree on design and price. You pay up front. If you don't pay up front, you don't have a place in line. If I let everyone pay when the job was done or the helmet (I supplied) was finished, when I contact them to pay, I GUARANTEE half of them would not want the product anymore. People change their minds all the time and I can't take that chance and waste my time and money.

Now, if I have a 4-6 week turnaround time, I obviously have a long list in line before yours. We all know it doesn't take 4-6 weeks to paint something. If, within that 4-6 weeks, you see me posting stuff I painted for myself or others, taking my little girl to ballet or out riding my chop, you have no right to be pissed. I can do whatever I like, AS LONG AS I DELIVER your stuff within my quoted turnaround time. I have a life, I have my own projects, etc. I don't work 24 hrs a day or 7 days a week.

Everyone I deal with is willing to wait a few weeks to get something that is unique and painted by hand. If you are a one man show and are successful, there is no way in hell you can keep a short turnaround time unless you have no life, no wife or you are giving up quality. Simple as that.

once again, this has NOTHING to do with anyone in this thread. The above comment just hit me wrong and I figured I would give my perspective.

Josh

Comment

• TimBob
                      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by calicruiser
                      Now, if I have a 4-6 week turnaround time, I obviously have a long list in line before yours. We all know it doesn't take 4-6 weeks to paint something. If, within that 4-6 weeks, you see me posting stuff I painted for myself or others, taking my little girl to ballet or out riding my chop, you have no right to be pissed. I can do whatever I like, AS LONG AS I DELIVER your stuff within my quoted turnaround time. I have a life, I have my own projects, etc. I don't work 24 hrs a day or 7 days a week.
                      I agree with your comment. Paulo has every right to do what ever leisure activities he wants. The problem with his business practice is the fact that he is quoting people a given amount of time, but he has no regard to what he told them. He will do it whenever he feels like it be it 2 weeks or 12 months down the road--IF he does it at all. I paid for my helmet 100% in full up front. with a 4-6 week estimate. I can only assume I am out the money I paid. And when someone gets screwed out of $$ in the hundreds, they tend to get very pissed.

Comment

• gyro
                        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by TimBob
                        And when someone gets screwed out of $$, they tend to get very pissed.
                        I got screwed out of 5 bucks in a bar once cause I bet this chick 5 bucks I could grab her boobs without taking my hands out of my pocket but I couldnt pull it off so I just grabbed'em anyway and gave her the 5. I wasnt pissed though this other guy paid 10 bucks.

Comment

• TimBob
                          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by gyro
                          I got screwed out of 5 bucks in a bar once cause I bet this chick 5 bucks I could grab her boobs without taking my hands out of my pocket but I couldnt pull it off so I just grabbed'em anyway and gave her the 5. I wasnt pissed though this other guy paid 10 bucks.
                          I like that story/technique.

Funny enough. Paulo just called me. Crossing my fingers I see my helmet soon. He sounded sincere. I didn't want to make this ordeal go viral, but if that's what it takes....

Comment

• Cuff
                            • May 2011

Fred's frames warning

Just a warning for anyone thinking of doing business with Fred's Frames in Southern California. Don't do it! It's been 10 months now, and no springer. No contact from them, won't answer phone or return emails. I should have clued in when he said "certified check only".
                            What a major dissapointment. How do people like this live with themselves?
                            I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Comment

• Flippy02
                              • Nov 2011

where are they located maybe we can send in a few members to drop in and say hellp

Comment

• HM0125
                                • Mar 2011

this company?

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;