CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 68 First 12341252 ... Last

Thread: The Shit List

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by vialstyle View Post
    Apparently he hates Canadians. That would have been some good information to know BEFORE I gave him my money........it also explains everything.
    i had a problem as well, bought a springer front end, waited 7 weeks before i called them only to find they hadnt shipped my order because he didnt have my e-mail address.blamed me for a bullshit address on hotmail. all ebay and paypal receipts had my proper e-mail address so his excuse was lame. but now i understand he hates canadians. why? is it because we burned down the white house so many years ago? the american beer is like piss water to us? we have different coloured money that we can tell what it is when we are shit-faced? who knows, but they havent gotten anymore business from me.

just my 2 cents or 1.8675 cents canadian lol
    Last edited by oldmansporty63; 07-22-2010 at 8:39 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by koehler57 View Post
    ya nash can take awhile but there quality is great and its not like your ordering from a gigantic warehouse were they have a 1000 sets of bars just sitting there... i deal with nash alot and there parts are the shit
    I don't want to seem like a dick, but I see this excuse given to shops all the time and I don't agree.

I may not be ordering from a gigantic warehouse, but if you don't have the item in stock or a disclaimer stating that your shit has to be custom made and may require time, DON'T SELL IT. Foundry made this terrible mistake with those taillights, and a well known shop I ordered from gladly took my money and sat on sending my shit. Paying a lot of dough for a part and then having my E-mails ignored, no courtesy update on my item's whereabouts, months of waiting, the probable and eventual stress of going about a refund, etc -- SUCKS. These smaller businesses may work hard for the cash, but bad business is bad business. There's a way to handle this shit professionally. I'm glad to see this thread is helping people.

Get Adobe Flash player

Classified rants;
    OK here are a two basic rules to follow when buying off the classifieds.

1) Read the fucking post, If it says shipping included to the lower 48 states. That means United States of America anywhere between Mexico and Canada, not to Mexico or Canada. It does not mean I should be willing take the twice the double shipping cost hit if you're not in the lower 48.
    Don't be suprised when your parts dont ship right away because you failed ot mention that you're in fucking Canada. In this instance I took the hit and paid the more then double shipping cost to avoid any issues. I should have just refunded the money and taken my shit to the long beach swap.

2) If you send me an e-mail then we have a phone conversation and then I lower the price on something you say you will buy. THEN BUY the fucking part or parts. If you change your mind that's ok but have the honor to let the seller know you're not going to stick to your end of the deal. Dont leave the seller hanging for 3 weeks while you ignore his messages asking what's going on. I mean how hard is that.?

FUCK, rant over, back to your regular scheduled programing.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default connies biker boutique

ya i know, sounds gay, but bought a neoprene face mask for the girlfriend, 2 months, no mask, no answering e-mails. i have tried looking for her number in florida to no avail. i didnt spend a whole lot of cash, but its the principle of it.

connie

Get Adobe Flash player

Dont buy walmart batteries, they suck. When they die, the assholes there try their hardest to deny a return on warranty, claiming that since there is acid inside them they are hazardous and cannot be returned. fucking pricks.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgs4 View Post
    Dont buy walmart batteries, they suck. When they die, the assholes there try their hardest to deny a return on warranty, claiming that since there is acid inside them they are hazardous and cannot be returned. fucking pricks.
    I learned this solution from a friend about Wal mart batteries. I will tell you that you're doing it all wrong. Go in to Wal-mart. Buy a new battery outright. Go home and put it in your bike. Open the package very carefully slicing the plastic wrap on the bottom so it remains in one piece. Clean up your old battery and wrap it back up in the plastic. re-package the box. Walk it in to the service counter and say it was too big for your bike even though their book said it was right and you will have to go get one at another store. Get your money back. Repeat as needed. Warranty now fully valid.
    Last edited by MIKE47; 10-30-2010 at 5:00 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE47 View Post
    I learned this solution from a friend about Wal mart batteries. I will tell you that you're doing it all wrong. Go in to Wal-mart. Buy a new battery outright. Go home and put it in your bike. Open the package very carefully slicing the plastic wrap on the bottom so it remains in one piece. Clean up your old battery and wrap it back up in the plastic. re-package the box. Walk it in to the service counter and say it was too big for your bike even though their book said it was right and you will have to go get one at another store. Get your money back. Repeat as needed. Warranty now fully valid.
    Ha ha ha. That's great. when I used to install car audio I used a Dewalt drill. Well if you use it for work, no warranty supposedly at the Hoe Depot. So I would just buy a new one, put the new guts in my old beat up case, and return the busted guts in a new case and say it didn't work outta the box, and act a little upset, and just get my money back. Ha ha ha. Great minds think alike... or was that twisted minds think alike, who cares!

superglide

Default New York City Choppers

About 7 months ago I bought handle bars from New York City Choppers website that are basically Nash Gimps . They charged my credit card within 15 min. I called them the next day to make sure they did not have dimples and were not drilled since there was no place on the website and it was for a chopper with no switches but I was told by a recording that the voicemail was full so I could not leave a message. After 2 weeks of calling and hearing the same message I e-mailed him ( Mr. Dickhead ) and told him I was cancelling his order on my credit card since his voicemail was still full and could not afford waiting 8 weeks for the wrong bars . Within 5 min. I got a call from him and he acted like a asshole but told me they would have no dimples and not be drilled , 10 weeks after I ordered them they showed up drilled and dimpled. It turns out he has them made by Kromewerks and never contacted them . I called him when I got them and he told me that I should not have used the website for ordering that I should have called him instead . What an Asshole !!!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighMurdercycle View Post
    Ha ha ha. ..... Great minds think alike... or was that twisted minds think alike, who cares!
    The guy that I learned that from is twisted for sure. But for real. Hell you paid partly for the warranty, then they don't want to honor it. Fuck 'em then. I don't condone stealing but you have to take what's your sometimes. It's no different than Wal mart rolling you for $70 out back so you have to fight.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighMurdercycle View Post
    Ha ha ha. That's great. when I used to install car audio I used a Dewalt drill. Well if you use it for work, no warranty supposedly at the Hoe Depot. So I would just buy a new one, put the new guts in my old beat up case, and return the busted guts in a new case and say it didn't work outta the box, and act a little upset, and just get my money back. Ha ha ha. Great minds think alike... or was that twisted minds think alike, who cares!
    so that was you? next time you come to flint im beatin your ass. i just broke down and bought a 110 dollar hd battery i herd they last about 5 yrs

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Blue Moon Kustoms

I bought a Helmet from Jayme at Blue Moon KustomsSeptember of 09. Went smooth, paint was killer. I like it so much that I wanted another with a different design. And this is how it went:

March 6th- contacted Jayme about new helmet. He said no problem will be about 2-3 weeks. I said great and paid for it via paypal

May 3rd- I e-mailed him and said any idea on when it is going to be ready? No reply.

July 6th- Any Idea on an ETA? He replied sorry for the delay should have it done in 7-10 days.

October 3rd- I said if you have not started my helmet then I would like a refund.

October 7th- Ok I will send the refund via pay pal in the next few days.

October 21st - Where is my money, this shit is stupid.

October 28th- I'm going to refund your money. As soon as I have some money in my paypal account I'll send it your way. It should be today or tomorrow that I get a deposit for my bike so I'll send the funds as soon as I do.

November 8th- Nothing. No e-mail and no money.

All I want is my money back. This sucks, the dude is crazy talanted with paint, but a shitty business person.

Get Adobe Flash player

TEMECULA MOTORCYCLE SERVICE

I know this shop has done right by a few people on this board, hell that's how I decided to use them. But I won't ever use them again. Not even for parts. Not for a damn gasket. I'll drive to riverside or order online.

I took my bike in to have them rebuild the front end with Race Tech springs and emulators while I was having some other parts powdercoated. 4 weeks later (the holidays were in there, so not all of it was unexpected), they called and said they didn't know how to get the front end back together. Yes, you read that right, a motorcycle shop that "specializes in harley davidsons could not put together a 39mm FXDX front end. I picked it up, got Race Tech's help to put it back together and dropped it back off (I wanted to just take the bike home with no front end, but that was a logistical nightmare).

They called today, bike is done. The bill is 3 times, yes 3 times, the amount that was quoted to me. No apology for the time delay, no apology for the tripling in cost.

If anyone from a small shop is reading this, this is why we buy from the internet...consumers get screwed by independents every single day. I'm done with it.

I took them the parts cause I wanted it done quickly (I'm slow) and wanted a piece of mind that the front end was put together by a "pro". Never again, fuck even as slow as I am, I could have done it in less than 5 weeks.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by h8ter View Post
    TEMECULA MOTORCYCLE SERVICE

I know this shop has done right by a few people on this board, hell that's how I decided to use them. But I won't ever use them again. Not even for parts. Not for a damn gasket. I'll drive to riverside or order online.

I took my bike in to have them rebuild the front end with Race Tech springs and emulators while I was having some other parts powdercoated. 4 weeks later (the holidays were in there, so not all of it was unexpected), they called and said they didn't know how to get the front end back together. Yes, you read that right, a motorcycle shop that "specializes in harley davidsons could not put together a 39mm FXDX front end. I picked it up, got Race Tech's help to put it back together and dropped it back off (I wanted to just take the bike home with no front end, but that was a logistical nightmare).

They called today, bike is done. The bill is 3 times, yes 3 times, the amount that was quoted to me. No apology for the time delay, no apology for the tripling in cost.

If anyone from a small shop is reading this, this is why we buy from the internet...consumers get screwed by independents every single day. I'm done with it.

I took them the parts cause I wanted it done quickly (I'm slow) and wanted a piece of mind that the front end was put together by a "pro". Never again, fuck even as slow as I am, I could have done it in less than 5 weeks.
    I took my front end (91 zx600r) to the kawi dealer to have the same thing done. Racetech springs and emulators. and I ended up paying $200 bucks in just "labor and shop supplies" What a bunch of bullshit. Forks OFF the bike, out of the trees, clean. PLUS I brought in all the parts a oil I wanted used. All they did was disassemble, replace, assemble. $200 bucks. I was pissed.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by ibuiltmine View Post
    I took my front end (91 zx600r) to the kawi dealer to have the same thing done. Racetech springs and emulators. and I ended up paying $200 bucks in just "labor and shop supplies" What a bunch of bullshit. Forks OFF the bike, out of the trees, clean. PLUS I brought in all the parts a oil I wanted used. All they did was disassemble, replace, assemble. $200 bucks. I was pissed.
    $200 does not sound unreasonable to me at all. Thats a lot of work tearing down cartridge forks, and rebuilding them with new springs.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by tobiism View Post
    $200 does not sound unreasonable to me at all. Thats a lot of work tearing down cartridge forks, and rebuilding them with new springs.
    THey arent cartridge forks, just regular ol forks, and they quoted me 1 hour labor. like 70 bucks. Oh well. Was easier then me trying to mess with it, I guess.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by ibuiltmine View Post
    THey arent cartridge forks, just regular ol forks, and they quoted me 1 hour labor. like 70 bucks. Oh well. Was easier then me trying to mess with it, I guess.
    sorry, I instantly thought of cartridge forks. I can see why you'd be pissed then! I can easily rebuild a set of standard forks in an hour!

Boston

Long overdue and debated "ratting" on another member but what the hell....

VANDER ...a member here...here's the panty-weight himself!

....bought my Panhead motor then had buyer's remorse, shipped it back via ForwardAir WITHOUT TELLING ME....that motor didn't get picked up and now ForwardAir has sent it to their Abandoned Dept. for auction...OUT OF MY STATE!

That was one hell of a motor DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice going...now his credit card company gave him a changeback base on his shipping tracking info EVEN THOUGH THEY NEVER CHECKED TO SEE IF I HAD RECEIVED THE MOTOR BACK ...and paypal is holding up my account for the $4000. By the way, he disputed me in Paypal over that motor AND LOST BOTH TIMES..Paypal ruled in my favor!

Supposedly the whole issue was BUYER'S REMORSE because he thought he should have received the Baker transmission in the original ad I put up here on the Chop Cult..Yeah right! Like ANYBODY would sell a beauiful panhead motor AND a Baker transmission for $4000...nice going dude...hope you choke on your creadit card refund...Karma can be a bitch!

BEWARE OF "Vander".......

Here's the motor

Boston
    Last edited by Boston; 01-09-2011 at 5:32 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Wow, what a loss -- and a nightmare! Sorry you had to go through that. Definitely a beautiful motor. Wonder where on Earth that's going to wind up now.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Boston View Post
    Long overdue and debated "ratting" on another member but what the hell....

VANDER ...a member here bought my Panhead motor then had buyer's remorse, shipped it back via ForwardAir WITHOUT TELLING ME....that motor didn't get picked up and now ForwardAir has sent it to their Abandoned Dept. for auction...OUT OF MY STATE!

That was one hell of a motor DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice going...now his credit card company gave him a changeback base on his shipping tracking info EVEN THOUGH THEY NEVER CHECKED TO SEE IF I HAD RECEIVED THE MOTOR BACK ...and paypal is holding up my account for the $4000. By the way, he disputed me in Paypal over that motor AND LOST BOTH TIMES..Paypal ruled in my favor!

Supposedly the whole issue was BUYER'S REMORSE because he thought he should have received the Baker transmission in the original ad I put up here on the Chop Cult..Yeah right! Like ANYBODY would sell a beauiful panhead motor AND a Baker transmission for $4000...nice going dude...hope you choke on your creadit card refund...Karma can be a bitch!

BEWARE OF "Vander".......

Here's the motor

Boston
    Wow, like fuckin' WOW! J, that sucks, my friend. Hope it comes back around to you someday.

C

Boston

I still have the $4000 guys...I'm not out monetarily. Paypal is fighting his credit card company for the $4000...but in the mean time, I can't use my PayPal .....

Thanks for you encouragement. I don't want to put up this guys name OR HIS BLOG SITE....just to know VANDER is his member's name should be enough. BUT...if anybody wants to know his name or blog site, email me personally....

That motor got me on a fantastic 2000 mile trip thru Hell's Canyon in the dead of summer's heat up here in the Northwest cruising at 85 MPH for extended periods of time...BEST PANHEAD MOTOR I EVER HAD...and I've had many! It will be up for auction if anybody wants to contact ForwardAir and find out the details of where and when...if you get a chance to buy it...YOU WILL THINK YOU HIT THE JACKPOT.

Like I said...Karma is nothing to fool around with.

Jim

Share This