Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xMPRx
    • Jun 2013

Glad to see you out on the road! bike looks great, really cool when a build follows through, keep the updates coming

Comment

• WALLY77
      • Dec 2016

So got my master cylinder rebuilt and sealed up, only after it spewed all over the frame and fucked the paint... ohwell.
      Tranny leak turned out to be the seal in the end of the fourth gear, replaced that and all is well so far

This was after running for aprox 30 seconds

35 cents worth of 1.5 inch pvc is the perfect size

And after a 5 and a half hour round trip. Much better

Comment

• WALLY77
        • Dec 2016

Modified some swap meet pipes i had laying around and bolted them on. way better looking than the other ones and they are loud as fuck

whipped up a quick set of leg stretching forward pegs for the longer hauls

Comment

• WALLY77
          • Dec 2016

Was ripping down a road in the middle of nowhere eastern Washington saturday and felt something hit my leg right about the same time the rpms
          spiked... fuck there goes the belt

I knew the belt wasnt in the greatest shape but i hoped to at least get a few more months out of it. Upon further inspection the pulleys are in pretty rough shape and the belt in even worse. New setup will be here wednesday

the teeth on the pulleys almost apear to be twisting backwards at the edges

Comment

• Rhysmort
            • May 2017

My old pulley was like that, it wears the belt like hell!

Fresh will make life sweet!

Comment

• Luky
              • May 2018

Originally posted by WALLY77
              cut and drilled some small pieces of angle iron to mount the front turn signals to the bottom tree
              (shortened)
              That front head on view is killer!

Comment

• Davestune
                • May 2014

That sucks loosing the belt, like your seal tool lol. I use a jims and a couple dots of lok tight on the seal.
                Bike looks real nice, they all have bugs to work out
                Enjoy....

Comment

• WALLY77
                  • Dec 2016

Thanks guys, it sure has been a blast ripping around on this thing thats for sure.

I got the new belt and pulleys on, installed a clutch tamer (think thats what its called) and cleaned/serviced all the clutch components while i had everything apart and man what a difference! SHifts smooth like butter now.

The belt is tracking dead straight and not rubbing either side but I think I set the tension too tight, cold it will go half inch up and half inch down from center with little effort and I can slide the belt in and out but once everything is at operating temp its only about a quarter inch of play either direction. I called BDL but they are closed on the weekends Anyone have some insight on what the proper tension is?

Comment

• WALLY77
                    • Dec 2016

BDL finally got back to me about proper belt tension so Ill post it here for those of us that dont have the inner primary to set the tension with.

with the engine cold they recommend 1/2 to 5/8 inches of play up and down and hot they said 1/8 to 3/16 inches

Comment

• crisisred
                      • Dec 2013

awesome build

great bike!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                      Working...
                      ;