Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Murph
    • Nov 2009

Nice article...I wish I had read it before I installed my Frisco bars....throttle side needed some serious sanding after my dremel mods...sleeve kept hanging up....kinda like a ghetto cruise control....

Comment

• 8iron8man3
      • Sep 2010

Vice.

Couldn't you put the grinder in a vice clamp? I think that's what I'm gonna do.

Comment

• CreatureFucker
        • Dec 2010

Great thread. I had issues with this a few years back. I just cut a hole in the bar where the demple would be but this is a much cleaner way of doing it.

Comment

• IronheadJake
          • May 2011

I guess I would have gotten around to figuring this out on my own but this was helpful this weekend, I fabbed up my own T-bars and Im not quite ready to ditch the controls yet.

Thanks

Comment

• fxrjocky
            • Nov 2010

hell ya tbars here i come !! thanks great write up

Comment

• doom
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by MileHighMurdercycle
              A little trick for guys who have a blown up angle grinder and a 6" bench grinder. I stole the shank spacers/lock screw off of my last blown up angle grinder (since it has the centering lip on it for a cutoff wheel). I drilled em both out to fit the shank on my bench grinder (they were only about 1/16th or 1/8th to small to fit over the bench grinder shank) then I was able to center up 4.5" cutoff wheels (used some generic washers to take up extra thread space and center the wheel where I wanted it). I obviously had to remove the tool rests and I was running it on my side with no guard I use for a polishing wheel. But putting a cutoff wheel on the bench grinder is perfect for notching all sorts of things. And with it as exposed as it is, you can use the edges to clean up the notches a little too. Figured I'd add this for all those who's only buddies are complete drunks and can't be trusted to hold the grinder steady, such as my buddies.
              Im gonna have to remember this. that is if my trusty harbor freight 4 1/2 I bought for $20 ever dies. for some reason that thing is a beast.

Comment

• RmFaster
                • Jul 2011

Thanks for the pics and the write up Billdozer

Comment

• MadRiverMoCo
                  • Apr 2024

cool little tip - keep paint on electrical tape around and once you've smoothed those cut-outs, paint the area with the electrical tape - helps stop the chaffe...

Comment

• backwoods69ironhead
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by MadRiverMoCo
                    cool little tip - keep paint on electrical tape around and once you've smoothed those cut-outs, paint the area with the electrical tape - helps stop the chaffe...
                    that stuff is awesome... first ran into it when i built bass boats... it is very versatile and a time saver... i also use it on the terminal board to keep it from rusting out and causing electric problems later

Comment

• JaqhammerJesus
                      • Feb 2012

Weird question...

Hey, not to sound like a fag or nuthin, but where the hell did you get that killer flattracker shirt!?

Comment

• Harpman59
                        • Jan 2012

When I got my 95 XLH last year I saw that whoever put the drag bars on it just pinched the wires between the bar and housings and slammed the mess up as close as possible to the lever mounts. This didn't seem like a good idea to me so I did pretty much the same thing here. And a good thing I did too, most of the wires were pinched thru the insulation anda couple of them were working on going all the way through. I'm sure glad I got this right guys! Thanks for the confirmation with this great write up...

Comment

• Matridge
                          • Feb 2012

good idea, i was wondering about this myself so when i make some bars ill know how to mount them without having to make dimples. excellent write up.

Comment

• Pendulum
                            • Jul 2011

Am I retarded, or is there a trick to getting the throttle side back together? 1st I had to battle the tab that butts up against the brake light switch, and now the wires that run to the kill switch and start button are causing problems.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                            Working...
                            ;