Kooky customizing (mudflap, filter, sissy)

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackCloudSalvage
    • Jan 2015

Kooky customizing (mudflap, filter, sissy)

Quick and easy kooky customizing.

Mudflap: I decided to make a mudflap since my fender got cut too short and too plainly straight. Added length and a fun look. Used some rubber from my worktable grip pad, cut out the shape I wanted. Secures flap to the fender and match drilled holes. Had a marine upholstery or whatever generic button squeeze kit and installed buttons to hold it on but also gives classic studded look. Add jewels or any kooky stuff ya want.

Horn: ran rear shock stud through bicycle horn clamp. I love honking this sucker when riding past folks outside of restaurants or when I see a buddy out and about. Its actually pretty loud and a very friendly fun sound that people really get a kick out of.

Air filter: I don't like the ham cans, but I also don't like most other big shiny after market air cleaner)covers. I just removed the ham can and then shaved down the plastic backing plate so it hides behind the rectangle but still spaces it, and holds carb to motor with breather bolts. Free of cost. I like the aluminum look.

Sissy bar mounts: on the older Evo sporty the subframe fender strut tubing is dished in and has fender mounting holes there. Cut some tubing or and weld some threads to it that align with the holes( I just cut threads off a bolt). Then bend up a sissy rod and either weld it in or drill and bolt straight through.

Most importantly, have fun and make it your own!
    Last edited by BlackCloudSalvage; 11-21-2016, 4:31 PM. Reason: Messed up
  • BadMonkeyMW
    • Jul 2010

Good stuff man! I dig the mudflap, your style all the way.

Comment

• BlackCloudSalvage
      • Jan 2015

Thanks badmonkey. I hope you noticed your logo button!

Comment

• BadMonkeyMW
        • Jul 2010

Originally posted by BlackCloudSalvage
        Thanks badmonkey. I hope you noticed your logo button!
        You know I did! Thanks for rocking it on your scooter.

Comment

• Th1rt3en
          • Mar 2015

Good shit man! I love free DIY stuff like this

Comment

• mzavala2424
            • Nov 2011

That sissy bar is dope, thats the best way Ive seen someone use that part of the frame without the strut cover on it.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;