Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hoghead
    • Jun 2015

Originally posted by datadavid
    Haha i got my old account back!! Thanks to whoever hacked the shit out of chopcult!!
    Muwuhaha! Evil lives!

Comment

• datadavid
      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Hoghead
      Muwuhaha! Evil lives!
      Indeed i do! Already promised Lisa to take my meds and keep my nazi tourettes in check if i got my account back, so will have to find new outlets for horrendous evil black hearted shit, even if she had nothing to do with getting my account back haha!

Comment

• Hoghead
        • Jun 2015

Indeed i do! Already promised Lisa to take my meds and keep my nazi tourettes in check if i got my account back, so will have to find new outlets for horrendous evil black hearted shit, even if she had nothing to do with getting my account back haha!
        It's just not the same as the good old days of the first millennium.

Click image for larger version

Name:	raid.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	1318808

Comment

• datadavid
          • Oct 2014

Yea sometimes i wish i had a time machine and one good raping hat left of all i forged. I have a 40 pound stainless mail shirt though, and the bike is at least a time machine to the 70's. Will have to do..

Comment

• Hoghead
            • Jun 2015

Yea sometimes i wish i had a time machine and one good raping hat left of all i forged. I have a 40 pound stainless mail shirt though, and the bike is at least a time machine to the 70's. Will have to do..
            Not too bad! I wish I still had my Triumph. Sold in 1983...The seventies were fun.

Name:	scrubber.jpg
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	1318817
            You could even force naked thralls to wash your bike!

Comment

• datadavid
              • Oct 2014

Not too bad! I wish I still had my Triumph. Sold in 1983...The seventies were fun.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]103919[/ATTACH]
              You could even force naked thralls to wash your bike!
              Thats the way to do it Hoghead

Comment

• datadavid
                • Oct 2014

Got the right carb fixed, pissed out the tickler hole, turns out float gasket was worn through by the float pin causing the float to flop around and not seal properly. Well it ran so good after that it decided to blow the cylinder base gasket, turns out two cylinder base bolts have stripped out of the case. So its time for that bottom end rebuild after 15 years! $$$!!!

Comment

• Hoghead
                  • Jun 2015

Got the right carb fixed, pissed out the tickler hole, turns out float gasket was worn through by the float pin causing the float to flop around and not seal properly. Well it ran so good after that it decided to blow the cylinder base gasket, turns out two cylinder base bolts have stripped out of the case. So its time for that bottom end rebuild after 15 years! $$$!!!
                  Damn! Never seen that happen.

Comment

• datadavid
                    • Oct 2014

Damn! Never seen that happen.
                    Percy Tait, triumphs test rider used to be able to split the barrels in half by the way he twisted the throttle! That why i made a bolt-down head steady, so it cant at least shoot the whole top end into orbit, haha! Fragile little things these 500's, especially after 50+ years..

Comment

• Hoghead
                      • Jun 2015

That's the thing-my memories of these engines are from 40 years ago!! Spoke to John Hobbs and checked out Olympus and the Hobbit at the drags a couple of years ago. Lots of work needed on the supercharged engines. Percy Tait was a legend...

Comment

• datadavid
                        • Oct 2014

That's the thing-my memories of these engines are from 40 years ago!! Spoke to John Hobbs and checked out Olympus and the Hobbit at the drags a couple of years ago. Lots of work needed on the supercharged engines. Percy Tait was a legend...
                        Yea, back then the metal fatigue hadn't even set in yet.. haha! I remember having a stripped cyl base bolt 15 years ago when the crank assembly was overhauled, it was fixed with a pretty bomb proof insert. Might have been wise to do all of them but they were fine back then. Anyway now the main bearings are worn, the engine sprocket splines are worn.. the pistons are at the wide end of the tolerance, with visual return marks at the bottom. Will probably be alright with next o.s. pistons, and a new set of rods. Running used rods with unknown age and milage is kind of asking for it, even if the bolts, bearings and bushings are new. He's gonna get to measure up the cams, tappets and all that too. And balance the whole rotating assembly including clutch basket. All engines breathed on by this guy are durable, smooth ,and reliable. Built after users requests of engine character. Used to prep racing tridents and bonnevilles for decades. I'm actually looking forward to the hours on the phone with the guy, he's great! 2-3000$ is what he usually takes for a complete teardown and rebuild, im doing most if not all assembly work myself, might have him button up the bottom end and cylinders though. He's always giving me a great hourly rate anyway.
                        Last edited by datadavid; 08-10-2021, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• Hoghead
                          • Jun 2015

Yea, back then the metal fatigue hadn't even set in yet.. haha! I remember having a stripped cyl base bolt 15 years ago when the crank assembly was overhauled, it was fixed with a pretty bomb proof insert. Might have been wise to do all of them but they were fine back then. Anyway now the main bearings are worn, the engine sprocket splines are worn.. the pistons are at the wide end of the tolerance, with visual return marks at the bottom. Will probably be alright with next o.s. pistons, and a new set of rods. Running used rods with unknown age and milage is kind of asking for it, even if the bolts, bearings and bushings are new. He's gonna get to measure up the cams, tappets and all that too. And balance the whole rotating assembly including clutch basket. All engines breathed on by this guy are durable, smooth ,and reliable. Built after users requests of engine character. Used to prep racing tridents and bonnevilles for decades. I'm actually looking forward to the hours on the phone with the guy, he's great! 2-3000$ is what he usually takes for a complete teardown and rebuild, im doing most if not all assembly work myself, might have him button up the bottom end and cylinders though. He's always giving me a great hourly rate anyway.
                          Gotta say I farmed out my 500's bottom end, did the rest myself years ago. They are amazing engines when rebuilt well. Mine was 60 thou over on the bores at one point. At least you could get good OEM spares then.

Comment

• datadavid
                            • Oct 2014

Gotta say I farmed out my 500's bottom end, did the rest myself years ago. They are amazing engines when rebuilt well. Mine was 60 thou over on the bores at one point. At least you could get good OEM spares then.
                            Yea, im a good welder and decent mechanic, not a machinist in any way. That stuff is best left to the experts.

Comment

• datadavid
                              • Oct 2014

Name:	IMG_20210830_090521_HDR~3.jpg
Size:	323.9 KB
ID:	1319799
                              Love these cool misty autumn rides to work. It doesnt give a fuck about the two loose cylinder bolts.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by datadavid; 08-30-2021, 1:17 AM.

Comment

• Hoghead
                                • Jun 2015

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105009[/ATTACH]
                                Love these cool misty autumn rides to work. It doesnt give a fuck about the two loose cylinder bolts.
                                Excellent! Autumn is a fab season. I hear Manegarm's 'Blot' when I think of it.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;