Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • datadavid
    • Oct 2014

Winter can go fuck itself. Chopper agrees. Just remembered to drain the bowls

Comment

• datadavid
      • Oct 2014

First longer ride this year, bike was hard to start and ran progressively shittier, thought the carb cleaner i put in the tank had loosened some crap up and got the opposite effect of what i wanted, turned out the balance pipe had rotted and was sucking air. Also sucked to be stuck on the highway being passed by trucks with a wildly popping and banging engine. Noticed it halfway through tearing down the carbs, shortened the pipe and fired up, went like stink again. Got to the swap and bought some mighty good beer bangers but nothing else turned up. Was really great riding home with a perfectly running engine again..
      https://youtu.be/dDX-Jaout64 on to beer, also switched the pipe out to a tougher, higher quality one so that shouldnt bother me anymore.
      Last edited by datadavid; 04-13-2019, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• datadavid
        • Oct 2014

Hey just wanted to let you know the old 500 isnt dead, infact its running so crisp i beat out a new tank for it today, gonna retire the one my late brother painted before it goes to waste.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200405_050552.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	306.0 KB
ID:	1317016
        Shifts slicker than ever as well

Comment

• Hoghead
          • Jun 2015

Great news! Hopefully you'll have more freedom of movement in Sweden than we have in the UK. That new tank looks good!

Comment

• datadavid
            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Hoghead
            Great news! Hopefully you'll have more freedom of movement in Sweden than we have in the UK. That new tank looks good!
            Yeai hope we have a few days before total lockdown. Who knows, maybe weeks?

Comment

• Hoghead
              • Jun 2015

Originally posted by datadavid
              Yeai hope we have a few days before total lockdown. Who knows, maybe weeks?
              That depends on whether Anders Tegnell has made the right decision.. I hope so - ha lycka til!

Comment

• datadavid
                • Oct 2014

That depends on whether Anders Tegnell has made the right decision.. I hope so - ha lycka til!
                Yea i wouldnt be worried at all if not for those complete boneheads in charge of all this. Oh well. Its soon yesterdays news, and i hope they dont instate martial law over this.

Comment

• datadavid
                  • Oct 2014

Ended up redoing the tank, it was too thin and shitty to weld. Got some thicker gauge sheet and made a new one, just welded it to the existing bottomClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200407_124424_957.jpg
Size:	250.3 KB
ID:	1317107Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200406_234048.jpg
Size:	293.9 KB
ID:	1317108

Comment

• Hoghead
                    • Jun 2015

Ended up redoing the tank, it was too thin and shitty to weld. Got some thicker gauge sheet and made a new one, just welded it to the existing bottom[ATTACH=CONFIG]101784[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]101785[/ATTACH]
                    That looks good!

Comment

• Hoghead
                      • Jun 2015

Yea i wouldnt be worried at all if not for those complete boneheads in charge of all this. Oh well. Its soon yesterdays news, and i hope they dont instate martial law over this.
                      Yeah, the cops here have been trying to enforce social distancing. Oddly, people have deserted the roads and streets big time in the last few days.

Comment

• datadavid
                        • Oct 2014

Yeah, the cops here have been trying to enforce social distancing. Oddly, people have deserted the roads and streets big time in the last few days.
                        Yea, its excellent riding conditions here now! Almost no traffic compared to a "normal" easter week. Gonna get some longer rides in for sure while this lasts.

Comment

• Hoghead
                          • Jun 2015

Yea, its excellent riding conditions here now! Almost no traffic compared to a "normal" easter week. Gonna get some longer rides in for sure while this lasts.
                          Excellent! Enjoy it, it stinks not being able to get out and ride!

Comment

• farmall
                            • Apr 2013

Nice looking tank! Steel is cheap, welding is fun, and you get what you want.

Comment

• datadavid
                              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by farmall
                              Nice looking tank! Steel is cheap, welding is fun, and you get what you want.
                              Yea, banging steel has given my soul nourishment since i was able to walk and use tools really. Started getting paid as welder fabricator by dad when i was 11, repairing a big old grain mill, silos, elevators, that kind off stuff. Thats why banging out art and shit makes it even more fun! No digging out tons of rotten wheat and barley, cutting and replacing rotten elevator parts 😅 the smell of welding something infused with well fermented rot juice will never leave me.. still, i wish i was better than i am given the amount of practice and formal education i had over the years. I blame it on the boogie.

Comment

• datadavid
                                • Oct 2014

Haha i got my old account back!! Thanks to whoever hacked the shit out of chopcult!!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;