Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • datadavid
    • Oct 2014

Bought a t100p bottom end with good crank cases and rods today, now i have parts for building a late bearing engine. So i can hole a case or two.

Comment

• SamHain
      • Apr 2024

Haha right on, get to it. What model is the p?

Comment

• datadavid
        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by SamHain
        Haha right on, get to it. What model is the p?
        Supposed to be police models, triumph didnt export police bikes to sweden though so its probably just been sold as parts

Comment

• datadavid
          • Oct 2014

Winter hit and i finally got my shed heated. List of things to go over this winter:
          Improved head steady, already welded but not tested and finished.

Switch out a Std cam follower that ended up in there by mistake. Supposed to be R followers intake and exhaust, though i could just put Std followers on the ex. side. Dont think it will matter much as long as both cylinders do the same work..

Seal pushrod tubes. Again.

Inspect the gearbox mods and switch from 21 to 20t gearbox sprocket.

If i can reach Franks i might order new fork tubes. Old ones are bent and rusted, not that it matters much on a ratty chop.

Comment

• datadavid
            • Oct 2014

Got the follower changed, prt's sealed(again), blacked the cylinders, nickel plated some nuts, welded some stuff on the tank. Nothing visible!

Comment

• Nanonevol
              • Feb 2017

How's about a photo of this bike?

Comment

• datadavid
                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Nanonevol
                How's about a photo of this bike?
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180328-083145.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	1301446
                Sure, forgot that photobucket is dead..

Comment

• datadavid
                  • Oct 2014

Damn fuckass prt's leaking again. Not a little either. Cant live with that so its in a corner again.

Comment

• datadavid
                    • Oct 2014

Had to shim the bottom cup on intake prt .02" to use equal thickness seals, couldnt find seals in those increments anywhere. Seems like a solid solution as i took it above the revs where it ususally starts pissing and engine kept dry for a good hour. Will be interesting to see how long this lasts. Also got it mot'd for eternity. No more inspections for bikes older than 30 years here now. That's progress!

Comment

• SamHain
                      • Apr 2024

Good luck. Haven’t touched mine yet.

Comment

• datadavid
                        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by SamHain
                        Good luck. Haven’t touched mine yet.
                        Thanks, really wanted to get out and ride it this summer so i pulled an all nighter to get it done. Wasnt all that much work but took its time.

Comment

• datadavid
                          • Oct 2014

Bike has been running nice and oiltight all summer, not been on any long drives but found it maintains 70mph without sounding frantic in the least. Since it has 30mm carbs where there used to be 26mm i have fiddled around with jetting quite a bit. Wound up with a leaner throttle cutaway, 220 mains, stock float height, bottom position needle and now i'm in the process of enlarging the air holes in the needle jets to cure off-idle richness. Picking up low end torque and throttle response with every adjustment so guess i am finally on the right path. Rides beautifully now.
                          As reliable a first kick starter as can reasonably be achieved with a several times blown up 500 i think. Even starts hot without tickling it now. Kind of like a triumph should.
                          Last edited by datadavid; 08-17-2018, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• datadavid
                            • Oct 2014

Bike goes like stink now, think i'll leave the air bleed holes alone for now. Finally getting the 30mm carbs tuned in. One step leaner cutaway from stock, probably .005 bigger air holes in the needle jet, and 220 mains seem to be the recipe for this 500 in current state of tune and gearing. Does 70 with ease all day at little past quarter throttle, and the ton wouldnt seem too hard if i wanted. Still not too sure about those rods!
                            Last edited by datadavid; 09-01-2018, 3:37 PM.

Comment

• Hoghead
                              • Jun 2015

Great news! My T100s had a single 626 amal-I always wanted the twin carb set up like the Daytona, tho. Why the worry about the rods? They ain't carillos, but i've never heard they were weak.Think they are made from RR56 alloy.
                              Last edited by Hoghead; 09-02-2018, 3:42 AM.

Comment

• datadavid
                                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Hoghead
                                Great news! My T100s had a single 626 amal-I always wanted the twin carb set up like the Daytona, tho. Why the worry about the rods? They ain't carillos, but i've never heard they were weak.Think they are made from RR56 alloy.
                                Yes, i read that rr56(hiduminium) weakens and gets brittle with age, not sure if heat cycling and fatigue stress helps with that.. but they are fine for now, no observable scratches or gouges in them, and its only a 40 something hp engine. I think dual oversize carbs only give bigger hp numbers in really high rpms, where i dont go with this old chop anyway, the single 626 would probably work better on a chop anyway where most time is spent cruising on low revs. I think i have a single intake and unported head somewhere.. would be fun to see the difference first hand. Someday.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;