CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
  1. #81
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by datadavid View Post
    Yeai hope we have a few days before total lockdown. Who knows, maybe weeks?
    That depends on whether Anders Tegnell has made the right decision.. I hope so - ha lycka til!

  2. #82
    datadavid
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoghead View Post
    That depends on whether Anders Tegnell has made the right decision.. I hope so - ha lycka til!
    Yea i wouldnt be worried at all if not for those complete boneheads in charge of all this. Oh well. Its soon yesterdays news, and i hope they dont instate martial law over this.

  3. #83
    datadavid
    Guest

    Default

    Ended up redoing the tank, it was too thin and shitty to weld. Got some thicker gauge sheet and made a new one, just welded it to the existing bottomClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200407_124424_957.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	250.3 KB 
ID:	101784Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200406_234048.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	293.9 KB 
ID:	101785

  4. #84
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by datadavid View Post
    Ended up redoing the tank, it was too thin and shitty to weld. Got some thicker gauge sheet and made a new one, just welded it to the existing bottomClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200407_124424_957.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	250.3 KB 
ID:	101784Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200406_234048.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	293.9 KB 
ID:	101785
    That looks good!

  5. #85
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by datadavid View Post
    Yea i wouldnt be worried at all if not for those complete boneheads in charge of all this. Oh well. Its soon yesterdays news, and i hope they dont instate martial law over this.
    Yeah, the cops here have been trying to enforce social distancing. Oddly, people have deserted the roads and streets big time in the last few days.

  6. #86
    datadavid
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoghead View Post
    Yeah, the cops here have been trying to enforce social distancing. Oddly, people have deserted the roads and streets big time in the last few days.
    Yea, its excellent riding conditions here now! Almost no traffic compared to a "normal" easter week. Gonna get some longer rides in for sure while this lasts.

  7. #87
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by datadavid View Post
    Yea, its excellent riding conditions here now! Almost no traffic compared to a "normal" easter week. Gonna get some longer rides in for sure while this lasts.
    Excellent! Enjoy it, it stinks not being able to get out and ride!

  8. #88
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,650

    Default

    Nice looking tank! Steel is cheap, welding is fun, and you get what you want.

  9. #89
    datadavid
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    Nice looking tank! Steel is cheap, welding is fun, and you get what you want.
    Yea, banging steel has given my soul nourishment since i was able to walk and use tools really. Started getting paid as welder fabricator by dad when i was 11, repairing a big old grain mill, silos, elevators, that kind off stuff. Thats why banging out art and shit makes it even more fun! No digging out tons of rotten wheat and barley, cutting and replacing rotten elevator parts 😅 the smell of welding something infused with well fermented rot juice will never leave me.. still, i wish i was better than i am given the amount of practice and formal education i had over the years. I blame it on the boogie.

  10. #90
    Thatbitchagain
    Guest

    Default

    I gotta stop shitposting on here and take my medicine to filter the brain noise.. this is my third and last account..
    Good thing with being holed up and isolated all winter is i can force myself to do some painting.
    Got the red metallic base done, gonna do some kind of chameleon pattern on top, and white outlines.
    Think i need some practice..


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201225_173728.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	292.7 KB 
ID:	108009

  11. #91
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thatbitchagain View Post
    I gotta stop shitposting on here and take my medicine to filter the brain noise.. this is my third and last account..
    Good thing with being holed up and isolated all winter is i can force myself to do some painting.
    Got the red metallic base done, gonna do some kind of chameleon pattern on top, and white outlines.
    Think i need some practice..


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201225_173728.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	292.7 KB 
ID:	108009
    I wondered where you'd gotten to!!

  12. #92

    Default I guess

    Ok, finally got the thumb out of my ass, shook off the winter depression and got the diesel stove cleaned out and working in the shed. Time to paint the tank..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210220_032934.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	293.1 KB 
ID:	109173
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210220_051505.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	296.1 KB 
ID:	109174

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210223_010725.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	318.5 KB 
ID:	109171Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210223_151325.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	295.9 KB 
ID:	109172

    I truly suck at painting, but for a rattle can job by a useless person its kinda nice.
    Last edited by Sameaslastyear; 02-24-2021 at 8:34 AM.

  13. #93
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sameaslastyear View Post
    Ok, finally got the thumb out of my ass, shook off the winter depression and got the diesel stove cleaned out and working in the shed. Time to paint the tank..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210220_032934.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	293.1 KB 
ID:	109173
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210220_051505.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	296.1 KB 
ID:	109174

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210223_010725.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	318.5 KB 
ID:	109171Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210223_151325.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	295.9 KB 
ID:	109172

    I truly suck at painting, but for a rattle can job by a useless person its kinda nice.
    That's more than nice! Shows creative thought, no copycat shit here!

  14. #94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoghead View Post
    That's more than nice! Shows creative thought, no copycat shit here!
    Thanks, thats what i actually despise most about the chopper scene. All those "cool" dudes on their identical fuckin pan or knuckle chops, scared to death of sticking out, every piece of their chop and clothes have to be "right".. big yawn for me. Thats not freedom. Thats cowardice and conformity!

  15. #95
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sameaslastyear View Post
    Thanks, thats what i actually despise most about the chopper scene. All those "cool" dudes on their identical fuckin pan or knuckle chops, scared to death of sticking out, every piece of their chop and clothes have to be "right".. big yawn for me. Thats not freedom. Thats cowardice and conformity!
    Yeah, it's like, you can't be in the cool gang cause you ain't ticked enough style boxes.

    Years ago people did rad shit to express themselves

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	retropan.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	109234

    Still, riding a Meriden Triumph counts as different cause you don't see so many now!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	woodsey.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	109235

  16. #96

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210226_124639.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	328.0 KB 
ID:	109261
    Yea, meriden chops are about as common here as nice looking, cool biker girls�� im seeing either degreaser or paint stripper in my future.. frame has been, in order as follows: black, red, yellow, black, thick goopy cellulose shit brown metallic(the color it was when i got it) and a crappy thin white i put on top of it which melted and wrinkled the cellulose paint. Might strip it back when i blow the engine..

  17. #97
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sameaslastyear View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210226_124639.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	328.0 KB 
ID:	109261
    Yea, meriden chops are about as common here as nice looking, cool biker girls�� im seeing either degreaser or paint stripper in my future.. frame has been, in order as follows: black, red, yellow, black, thick goopy cellulose shit brown metallic(the color it was when i got it) and a crappy thin white i put on top of it which melted and wrinkled the cellulose paint. Might strip it back when i blow the engine..
    Reckon you should do the frame to match the pinstripe color on the tank , cream coloured?
    Maybe match the rear guard to the tank, would look good. Tank sits nice!

  18. #98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoghead View Post
    Reckon you should do the frame to match the pinstripe color on the tank , cream coloured?
    Maybe match the rear guard to the tank, would look good. Tank sits nice!
    I'm thinking about using a ribbed wassell that is laying around for the rear in matching style, and a new sissy bar with some twists in it. Gonna keep the old tins as they are cause my brother painted them for me and he passed away a bunch of years ago.
    But the frame definitely needs some work. Gonna get rid of the chopper flop when i get that deep, neck needs to be a few degrees less angle and the triples need to be raked out the same amount. And the triple tree will be shaved and chromed along with the risers and the cut and welded handlebars
    And i have tapered head bearings laying in a box since 5-6 years waiting for that job too.
    A lot of plans but i like riding it to much to tear it all apart, the engine will be gone through when its out of the frame too. And i have a rickman build with a late 500 engine i wanna get to alongside that, so bits can go in for nickel and chrome in a big box
    Last edited by Sameaslastyear; 03-01-2021 at 3:59 PM.

  19. #99
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sameaslastyear View Post
    I'm thinking about using a ribbed wassell that is laying around for the rear in matching style, and a new sissy bar with some twists in it. Gonna keep the old tins as they are cause my brother painted them for me and he passed away a bunch of years ago.
    But the frame definitely needs some work. Gonna get rid of the chopper flop when i get that deep, neck needs to be a few degrees less angle and the triples need to be raked out the same amount. And the triple tree will be shaved and chromed along with the risers and the cut and welded handlebars
    And i have tapered head bearings laying in a box since 5-6 years waiting for that job too.
    A lot of plans but i like riding it to much to tear it all apart, the engine will be gone through when its out of the frame too. And i have a rickman build with a late 500 engine i wanna get to alongside that, so bits can go in for nickel and chrome in a big box
    Taper roller head bearings were a popular fix for me from the mid eighties on. My road race bikes used them , we put a set in my buddies chop shortly after.Sorry to hear about you brother -your plan for the rear mudguard matched sounds good. Odd to say , an ancient (long dead) friend of mine used to paint the frames of his Brooklands race bikes light colours so he could spot frame fractures easier! Glad to hear you have a Rickman, Metisse Motorcycles aren't far from me, nice bikes!

  20. #100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoghead View Post
    Taper roller head bearings were a popular fix for me from the mid eighties on. My road race bikes used them , we put a set in my buddies chop shortly after.Sorry to hear about you brother -your plan for the rear mudguard matched sounds good. Odd to say , an ancient (long dead) friend of mine used to paint the frames of his Brooklands race bikes light colours so he could spot frame fractures easier! Glad to hear you have a Rickman, Metisse Motorcycles aren't far from me, nice bikes!
    Yea, i think it still has the stock bearings from 1967 in it. Getting a little crunchy..
    My frame fracture was quite easily spotted, haha!
    Yea, its an early rickman, sadly with the frame i.d plate ground off so It's getting a triumph registration. Or just used as a classic racer. Might be a build thread once I'm past collecting parts for it.

Share This



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in