Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AllThrottleNoBrake82
    • Oct 2016

Another Handlebar Question... Sorry

What's up riders, so I recently bought my bike about two months ago (2002 Honda VLX600) and already started to chop it all to bits in hoping the end result will come out looking somewhat like a real motorcycle. I've already done a few things to it like removing all the unnecessary stock junk (huge pile on my garage floor...), chopped the rear fender, stripped the tank, chopped the exhaust and added tips. I still have a long list of things Ii want to do as time goes on, ie: rejet carb, fake oil can, powder-coat wheels, and in time even hard tail it. This is my first chop project and I'm doing all I can within my skill level at the moment while I wait for a buddy of mine to do some welding. Anyways, I've gotten to the point I'm about to switch out those ridiculous antlers they call stock handlebars and replace them with something cool and more fitting to my style. I came across this video the other day on YouTube and I think these will go well with what I'm going for....

YouTube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1Vl...ature=youtu.be

I believe these may be Keystones or Z's in this YouTube video, but I'm not 100% sure...

Below are two sets of bars I'm looking at and I think may be the ones he's running on his bike.. (if they are not custom built, I know this guy does a lot of custom work on his bike)..

Licks Z-Top Bars: http://www.lickscycles.com/Z-Top-Han...les-p/ztop.htm

Biltwell's Keystone Bar's/Keystone XL Bars: https://www.biltwellinc.com/p546/buy...-1-quot-black/

They both look pretty similar but I really like the look of what this guy has going on as well as the rise the bars have..

Side note - I know this guy may be in these forums, I know a couple of his friends he rides with are for sure. I've tried to ask the rider what bars they were through Instagram but no luck in a response. Life gets busy sometimes, I can understand that. But maybe those he rides with can shed some light as well? #LNSPLTBLVD

Here's a Pic of my bike (Before and Now):
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Bobber4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	1340763

Now:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Bobber3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	1340764
  • AllThrottleNoBrake82
    • Oct 2016

Disregard. They are a custom build. Guess I'll be going with either of the above.

Comment

• Sky
      • Aug 2009

just be mindful of your riser spread if you want those 1-1/4'" bars. The 1" section might not be wide enough for the Jap clamps.
      You can always cut up the risers to fit the bars or bars to fit the risers or...
      Also Asian "one inch" is usually a little off. Sometimes causes issues with tight fitment. Not an unsurmountable issue, just something to be aware of.

I know guys that will not run welded bars, and those "fat" ones have extra welds...
      Also if you want internal wiring, sharp bends and sharp inside edges don't help the cause.

Comment

• AllThrottleNoBrake82
        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Sky
        just be mindful of your riser spread if you want those 1-1/4'" bars. The 1" section might not be wide enough for the Jap clamps.
        You can always cut up the risers to fit the bars or bars to fit the risers or...
        Also Asian "one inch" is usually a little off. Sometimes causes issues with tight fitment. Not an unsurmountable issue, just something to be aware of.

I know guys that will not run welded bars, and those "fat" ones have extra welds...
        Also if you want internal wiring, sharp bends and sharp inside edges don't help the cause.
        I appreciate the response and advice. I thought this project would be more straight forward going into it but figuring it all out has been a struggle. Partially probably due to it being a Japanese bike, but I dig the VLX so much, its worth the struggle, plus I'm learning a lot so its been entertaining. Running cables within the bars was something I was going for by not a necessity but bar fitment is obviously important to me. Anyways, I'll take all you stated into consideration the best I can when coming down to my final selection. Thanks a ton Sky

-Jon

Comment

• Magnificentbastard
          • Sep 2014

Go with voodoo performance handlebars, thats were I got mine custom made, guy is awesome to deal with and they are seriously well made plus you can get what ever you want.

Comment

• AllThrottleNoBrake82
            • Oct 2016

Hey man, thanks for the suggestion, I'm going to check them out and see if it fits in my budget. I've seen a few bars that I like that are custom made that look awesome on these bikes. Again, thanks for the post and suggestion!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;