CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by LDNCLR View Post
    I'm running a 48mm mikuni but I'm sure the 45 will be fine. ( pretty sure thats what they used to supply them with)
    As far as clutch, I'm running a stock clutch from a twitcam (99-06 i think) with an AIM centrifugal lock up added on to it. That way i have the clamping force needed but a super light lever pull as well.

Did you buy the 120 for that price from a dealer? or second hand but never installed? Thats a super killer deal.
    The dude I bought it from works at Ultima's machine shop and he puts their kits together and sells them for a small profit. Ultima is out of St. Louis and I'm in Kansas City so only 230 miles away. He also said he can get 6 speed guys for out trannies for 4-500 bucks!

Get Adobe Flash player

cool. Mine was a "parts motor" as well. It was assembled by Revolution Performance before it was sold to the dead guy I bought it from.

I scored a Rivera-Primo 6 speed gearset for $150 on Instagram. It had a broken 3rd gear, so I went through it with all new thrust washers, clips, and 2 of the gears.

Get Adobe Flash player

cool. Mine was a "parts motor" as well. It was assembled by Revolution Performance before it was sold to the dead guy I bought it from.

I scored a Rivera-Primo 6 speed gearset for $150 on Instagram. It had a broken 3rd gear, so I went through it with all new thrust washers, clips, and 2 of the gears.
    NICE! By the way, what oil cooler are you running? All the ones I see online look huge and bulky.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by BluBeaSSt View Post
    Well I did it, picked up a Ultima 120 NEW for 2800 here in MO.

Now I need a Mikuni 45 & a clutch!

Also I wonder how goofy this polished motor will look next to my black primary and black tranny.
    You can strip the paint off of your primary/tranny, and sand/polish them to match or scuff the new motor and paint it with matching wrinkle black paint. HD sells sprayable quarts, but I found the PJ1spray bomb actually looks/works better.
    Good luck with the new motor, try to keep this thread updated down the road for other prospective buyers. That bike is gonna haul ass!

Get Adobe Flash player

I adapted a cooler from one of the Buell models. Not sure which one it came from...

Get Adobe Flash player

Started tearing mine down yesterday!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15349700_914992238633353_7043030135379113081_n.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	122.5 KB 
ID:	73277

LDNCLR are you running a TQ Arm?

Get Adobe Flash player

in reference to the torque arms^

I found out the hard way that a six speed tranny is wider when coupled with the motor not allowing the torque arm to line up. I don't know if this applies when using a bigger motor as I know on some of the s&s motors the cases themselves are actually wider too.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by BluBeaSSt View Post
    Started tearing mine down yesterday!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15349700_914992238633353_7043030135379113081_n.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	122.5 KB 
ID:	73277

LDNCLR are you running a TQ Arm?
    I am not....But I am running a new delcron inner primary. I haven't compared hem closely but they claim to be heavier than OEM "where it matters".

Get Adobe Flash player

Been busy this weekend

Still need to get new motor mounts, ignition, Drive belt and Clutch all before going back together

Get Adobe Flash player

I've got a 100 ultima, 11 years old so i guess it's one of the older ones? 20,000+ miles on it and I've stripped it down. Everything's stil in good order. I think somecone hit the nail on the head before about there's a lot of bad rep spread on the web from heresay but it seems most who've actually owned them have good things to say.
    Secondly, I think being so cheap there's a lot of first time builders sticking these in their builds, and with that in mind there's a good possabilty they are not being run in correctly. There's a long list of things that can greatly shorten the engine life during the run in period, even something that might seem innocent to newbies as running drag pipes on a fresh engine could be the result of all the rumours we hear. Older guys with run in experience are going to stick to what they know and use brands like s&s, and you're not going to hear of the same issues. Just a thought
    I do believe ultima are all American made, and they use to use some s&s parts but now manufacture a lot of their own. The stuff they still out source is still American made parts though

Get Adobe Flash player

Do you like how your Rivera-Primo 6-speed shifts? I put one of their gear sets in my '02 softail about 3 years ago. If you don't yank it pretty hard going to 4th gear on hard acceleration, it'll go in neutral. It also has a bad wine in 6th on decel.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by thewrench68 View Post
    Do you like how your Rivera-Primo 6-speed shifts? I put one of their gear sets in my '02 softail about 3 years ago. If you don't yank it pretty hard going to 4th gear on hard acceleration, it'll go in neutral. It also has a bad wine in 6th on decel.
    my old 5 speed did this. Are you using the rivera shift drum and forks or HD?

I don't do what I did and purchase an Ultima motor it's been a nightmare is 2 years old has 5,000 miles on it the thing iss toast add. Donnie. From Ultima motor won't even help me out dont believe what you read. On there Sales pitch. Any ? CALL ME AT 619=277=3242

Share This