Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrhammer2u
    • Sep 2015

Politics *warning*

Throwing a log on this dwindling fire called the junk pile. Hoping it makes for some intelligent conversation to pass some time.

Have any of you Trump fans noticed ALL of his ideas are 19th and 20th century ideas? Digging for coal, drilling for oil, walling us in while the rest of the planet is globalizing, leveling areas with bombs, hopes that we can get along with Russia, his Dictatorship approach, trickle down economics, LGBT ideology, misogyny, religious persecution, incivility, on and on. NONE of his ideas are forward thinking.

Sweeden burns all it’s trash and uses it to power their country, toxin free. Tesla is “trying” to create solar shingle roofs to keep up with demand for electric power cars. We’re busy shitting the bed in almost every category. Mortality, health care, education, obesity, energy use per person, debt, incarceration, anxiety disorders, etc etc..

My thoughts on his Trade BS - WE,…WE AMERICANS want all this cheap foreign shit. THAT’S why there’s a trade “deficit”. He made up this term “trade deficit” to make it seem like there’s a problem. The problem is everything from iphones to tampons are made MUCH cheaper elsewhere. AMERICANS are to blame for the “trade deficit”. And why would China want to buy an American made product when they make it cheaper locally??? Why would any country want to buy from us after Trump insults them?? None of this rhetoric makes any sense. What we need to be doing is creating more products & services that are not available so we have something unique to offer.

And jobs??? What a joke. For every 4 US Tech jobs there’s only 1 qualified US citizen. There’s tons of sales positions not being filled. Then there’s the shitty low paying jobs like picking fruit and washing dishes. With Trump’s claims of high unemployment #’s and the fact that there are so many business who need to hire for these positions,..explain to me how Mexico, China and India is taking our jobs? Actually they’re not. WE are letting them have them. Think about it….let’s say he brings back all these companies….we’re not qualified OR motivated to fill all the positions!

While Trump literally walls us in with his 19th century ideas, the rest of the world is progressing with new innovative ideas. So how will America be great once the rest of world advances in leaps and bounds ahead of us and leaves “us” in the dust as a 3rd world country? We'll have nobody to sell our overpriced US made selvage denim jeans too. The rest of the world is going to remember the disdain we treated it with under Trump. Then we’ll be the dumped boyfriend who comes crawling back for another chance. “I promise I’ll be better this time”.

This may really get your goose,..but the Muslim religion is expanding and Christianity is dwindling. Do we REALLY want to piss off the 1.6 BILLION Muslims who DON'T already hate us????? Trust me,...as many guns as we have,...we don't have enough guns (or willing participants) to win that war.

Let's say he does burn the establishment down? After he pisses everyone off, who is going to work with him to rebuild the New World Order??? Haven't you seen that movie? I'm not sure I've seen the one where utopia is created.

Obamacare - OMG.....it's SOOOOOO bad!!! Why do you care???? Only a sliver of the population is on it. Only a sliver of that sliver is actually going to feel this increase. Those people would not have insurance at all if not for Obamacare. But guess what,...if they weren't insured they're STILL going to the ER for their tummy ache and WE are going to pick up the tab. Also,....Obamacare is a choice. You don't HAVE to be on it. You can CHOOSE to pay the nominal fee which actually cost much less than Obamacare. Is there anyone here who really gives a shit about the person who has to pay a small penalty that will contribute to the system they're trying to get a free ride on???

So if you’re voting for Trump ONLY because you’re angry at Clinton,…..that’s a pretty childish attitude. I despise Clinton as a person as well….but I’m voting on the issues,…not the person who’s only going to be there 4-8 years. Yea yea yea,…emails and Benghazi!!! We can either take a step forward or go back to our caves.

So before you cast your vote for Trump,…take at least 1 minute to ponder him. He’s been telling you he’s a wolf in sheep clothing for decades. Problem is you’re not believing him.

Fuck Hillary,..but that’s the lever I’m pulling Nov 8th and I'm not ashamed of it. I have 2 young kids and that matters most to me.

Hopefully in 4 years we can do this again and a better solution arises.
  • hsoj74
    • Sep 2012

I see your Hillary vote and I cancel it with my Trump vote. Haha, No hard feelings...

Comment

• Deviate
      • Dec 2012

I'm pretty sure Trump didn't coin the phrase "trade deficit". A trade deficit occurs when the value of your exports is less than the cost of your imports. So basically, because we don't produce the things that the world wants anymore so we don't have them to export and since we aren't producing those things here, we have to import them from elsewhere. Therefore, we have a trade deficit.

None of this is as simple as either candidate wants you to think it is. It's not just that the American consumer demands cheaper products. Obviously they do or else you wouldn't have Wal-mart, Costco, etc. It's not just that American companies have sold out the American worker because they can get cheaper labor elsewhere in the world. You can see examples of that across all kinds of American companies from Heinz to Harley Davidson. And it's also not just because unions have forced the hand of American companies forcing them to look elsewhere for savings on labor. But when unions demand higher wages and companies need lower costs to compete with foreign companies, well, a company has to make money for its shareholders. And it's also not just because the government needs to raise tariffs on foreign goods. There are a whole lot of moving parts there.

I firmly believe we should be investing in alternative energy sources. The reason we don't is because career politicians like Clinton and congress are in the pockets of oil companies. And those companies are going to force their politicians to do what helps the oil companies. Hint...it's not solar.

I don't believe either candidate is ideal. Hell, I don't think either candidate is even worth a vote. And I sure as hell know that what they say trying to get elected and what they will actually do once in office are very different things. But if voting for a candidate that is proposing conserving the way things have historically been done in this country, like believing the founding fathers knew what they were doing when they created the constitution, is an option over a candidate that wants to radically change my country and its values even more than the moron we've had for the last 8 years, I'm choosing the "conservative". Even though that doesn't really apply to either of these candidates.

What can I say, I'll keep being deplorable and clinging to my God and guns.

If Trump burns the establishment to the ground and no one works with him, at least the establishment is burnt to the ground. I'm not for any candidate so much as I am against everyone who is currently in government.

Comment

• Dragstews
        • Sep 2010

Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• speeddaddy
          • Jan 2015

Mr hammer.... with a rant like that I find it hard to believe you build choppers.

Comment

• BadMonkeyMW
            • Jul 2010

Don't worry, 90% of the guys on here don't build choppers.

George Carlin/Bill Hicks - 2016!!!

Comment

• SlyJJ
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Deviate
              I'm pretty sure Trump didn't coin the phrase "trade deficit". A trade deficit occurs when the value of your exports is less than the cost of your imports. So basically, because we don't produce the things that the world wants anymore so we don't have them to export and since we aren't producing those things here, we have to import them from elsewhere. Therefore, we have a trade deficit.

None of this is as simple as either candidate wants you to think it is. It's not just that the American consumer demands cheaper products. Obviously they do or else you wouldn't have Wal-mart, Costco, etc. It's not just that American companies have sold out the American worker because they can get cheaper labor elsewhere in the world. You can see examples of that across all kinds of American companies from Heinz to Harley Davidson. And it's also not just because unions have forced the hand of American companies forcing them to look elsewhere for savings on labor. But when unions demand higher wages and companies need lower costs to compete with foreign companies, well, a company has to make money for its shareholders. And it's also not just because the government needs to raise tariffs on foreign goods. There are a whole lot of moving parts there.

I firmly believe we should be investing in alternative energy sources. The reason we don't is because career politicians like Clinton and congress are in the pockets of oil companies. And those companies are going to force their politicians to do what helps the oil companies. Hint...it's not solar.

I don't believe either candidate is ideal. Hell, I don't think either candidate is even worth a vote. And I sure as hell know that what they say trying to get elected and what they will actually do once in office are very different things. But if voting for a candidate that is proposing conserving the way things have historically been done in this country, like believing the founding fathers knew what they were doing when they created the constitution, is an option over a candidate that wants to radically change my country and its values even more than the moron we've had for the last 8 years, I'm choosing the "conservative". Even though that doesn't really apply to either of these candidates.

What can I say, I'll keep being deplorable and clinging to my God and guns.

If Trump burns the establishment to the ground and no one works with him, at least the establishment is burnt to the ground. I'm not for any candidate so much as I am against everyone who is currently in government.

Bingo

Comment

• Dragstews
                • Sep 2010

Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• DustyDave
                  Super Moderator
                  • Oct 2012

I find it amazing that the people Trump has spent the last 40 some odd years screwing (small business, independent contractors, employs and any other working class) expect him to suddenly change! I think I'll hold my nose and cancel some Don the Con voter!
                  Dusty
                  Driving that train, high on cocaine
                  Casey Jones you better, watch your speed
                  Trouble ahead, trouble behind
                  And you know that notion just crossed my mind​

Comment

• Webrat
                    • Oct 2012

I can't get myself to go along with either of the main candidates.
                    He reminds me too much of Obama when he did his "CHANGE" oratories.
                    I see the same with him,,, telling the sheeple what they wanna hear,, then BLAMMO,,,,same old shit or worse.

Comment

• Bbqbiker
                      • May 2015

Comment

• KevinN
                        • May 2014

Trump may be running on the message that he's not a politician but he's become one while running. I'm not much of a political junkie but I cannot understand a big part of the GOP not backing Trump. If they hate his ass so bad why didn't they come up with a strong candidate for the general election? Are you a republican or not ? Kind of like if you're in an M/C and a guy in your club that you really don't like is getting the boots on the bar floor. Aren't you supposed to have his back, or do you cut and run ? I've also never understood the sheeple's infatuation with the Clinton's. Hillary may be getting bombarded but it's from her own actions. I don't think her having a vagina should make her ready to run the country. Frankly I'm concerned about either one of them having the nuclear codes. Shame on me for voting for Trump but I simply hate that cunt Hillary, have for a long time. The whole world is watching and laughing.

Comment

• noah
                          • Sep 2009

seems like you all must be a bunch of rich "bikers" if you think trump gives a fuck about the working man you are high at least clinton has to answer to the democrats if she goes to hard on labor ,pence and trump are openly against labor and the working class and if you think that unions pay scale doesnt affect your non union jobs well youll be in for a big suprise

Comment

• 47str8leg
                            • Sep 2014

To me it's very simple. Clinton and Obama are communists. We are already living in a one party system. With Trump you may have a stop gap president who will at least give the country time to think about the direction it is going. You may tell me that Trump is an illusion , and you may be right , but with Hillary there is no illusion, you are getting more of the same.

Comment

• DrFxr
                              • Feb 2016

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;