CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
  1. #81
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    585

    Default

    You make some very good points . I wish I shared your optimism. What is your opinion on what is going on at the Standing Rock protest ?
    Last edited by LilBill; 11-23-2016 at 6:36 PM.

  2. #82
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Politics aside, I'm just gonna leave this here for anybody in the heartland that thinks this fucking dirtbag gives two shits about your needs, what he promised you, or anything at all beyond promoting his own brand.

    "Trump when pressed if he has definitively ruled out prosecuting Hillary Clinton. 'It’s just not something that I feel very strongly about.'"

    http://qz.com/844011/trump-just-betr...ew-york-times/

  3. #83
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,295

    Default

    Hillary didn't do an unusual amount of corruption or accumulate an unusually high casualty count for her fuckups. Remember that no one gives a shit about principles and the name of the game is winning. After the win, the name of the game is consolidation while advancing the party line. It wouldn't matter if Hillary fucked babies to death with a burning strap-on while Bill fapped in demented bewilderment in a corner and Obama held a vodou ceremony blessing the lot.

    This country goes to war to protect Jihadist Salafists and the right doesn't bitch about THOUSANDS of dead and maimed and PTSed soldiers. That's because this country doesn't care or the public would do their civic duty. Bumper stickers ain't patriotism. Party rivalry is everything so what one's own party does stays forgivable.

    Politics is war, but as in war todays opponent is tomorrows client. Manipulation of the simple, emotional masses and using their undifferentiated anger in a campaign made sense. So does dropping a case lawyers in the real world (not some propaganda creation of convenience to win an election) would lose and more importantly would distract from the (possibly winning) strategy Trump may use instead.

    Jerking off over a vanquished enemy costs time and effort. Appearing fierce than sparing that enemy flips the script and disorients the opposition. The average Trump supporter doesn't CARE if Hillary broke a few laws, he just wants the bitch dead and it doesn't matter how. That's different from fundamental respect for law, and because it's based on fleeting emotion, can be set aside if strategically useful. To defeat the enemy, propaganda (best served as a mix of truth with emotive modifications) must be used. To consolidate and assimilate opposition other techniques are required. Hillary will go down in history as giving Trump the White House. Mission complete.

    Back to business. Trump has shit to do. Staffing is overwhelming even if you delegate skilfully, and remember Trump is a socialite not embedded in government culture so he has to learn on the fly while populating appointed offices. That's why potential appointees are floated in the press. He's watching public opinion, which is smart! He can put a diversity hire in a reward position of no power (Nikki Haley as UN Ambassador). He can plug Romney as SecState (where he'll understand issues Trump would never know exist, let alone have time to study) and dodge that bullet while buying time to formulate an actual foreign policy. Comforting random campaign statements won the election but he has to deliver to win the next one. His appointees have to learn their jobs and take control. Figure at least a year for the novices, but it takes much longer to really learn the ropes. That's why he'll hire from the established GOP he really represents. They are reality.

    The people just re-elected the fucking swamp they supposedly wanted drained.
    What "swamp" really meant was Democrats. Trump is shrewd by appointing previous opponents to office. It makes them beholden to him ensuring they will be no threat.

    https://www.opensecrets.org/overview/reelect.php

    We have Orange Bush Junior with better showmanship and an overwhelming victory for the Old GOP. REDMAP 2020 redistricting strategy should consolidate that victory.

    http://rslc.gop/blog/2015/07/16/rslc...vestment-goal/
    Last edited by farmall; 11-23-2016 at 9:55 PM.

  4. #84
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    Hillary didn't do an unusual amount of corruption or accumulate an unusually high casualty count for her fuckups. Remember that no one gives a shit about principles and the name of the game is winning. After the win, the name of the game is consolidation while advancing the party line. It wouldn't matter if Hillary fucked babies to death with a burning strap-on while Bill fapped in demented bewilderment in a corner and Obama held a vodou ceremony blessing the lot.

    This country goes to war to protect Jihadist Salafists and the right doesn't bitch about THOUSANDS of dead and maimed and PTSed soldiers. That's because this country doesn't care or the public would do their civic duty. Bumper stickers ain't patriotism. Party rivalry is everything so what one's own party does stays forgivable.

    Politics is war, but as in war todays opponent is tomorrows client. Manipulation of the simple, emotional masses and using their undifferentiated anger in a campaign made sense. So does dropping a case lawyers in the real world (not some propaganda creation of convenience to win an election) would lose and more importantly would distract from the (possibly winning) strategy Trump may use instead.

    Jerking off over a vanquished enemy costs time and effort. Appearing fierce than sparing that enemy flips the script and disorients the opposition. The average Trump supporter doesn't CARE if Hillary broke a few laws, he just wants the bitch dead and it doesn't matter how. That's different from fundamental respect for law, and because it's based on fleeting emotion, can be set aside if strategically useful. To defeat the enemy, propaganda (best served as a mix of truth with emotive modifications) must be used. To consolidate and assimilate opposition other techniques are required. Hillary will go down in history as giving Trump the White House. Mission complete.

    Back to business. Trump has shit to do. Staffing is overwhelming even if you delegate skilfully, and remember Trump is a socialite not embedded in government culture so he has to learn on the fly while populating appointed offices. That's why potential appointees are floated in the press. He's watching public opinion, which is smart! He can put a diversity hire in a reward position of no power (Nikki Haley as UN Ambassador). He can plug Romney as SecState (where he'll understand issues Trump would never know exist, let alone have time to study) and dodge that bullet while buying time to formulate an actual foreign policy. Comforting random campaign statements won the election but he has to deliver to win the next one. His appointees have to learn their jobs and take control. Figure at least a year for the novices, but it takes much longer to really learn the ropes. That's why he'll hire from the established GOP he really represents. They are reality.

    The people just re-elected the fucking swamp they supposedly wanted drained.
    What "swamp" really meant was Democrats. Trump is shrewd by appointing previous opponents to office. It makes them beholden to him ensuring they will be no threat.

    https://www.opensecrets.org/overview/reelect.php

    We have Orange Bush Junior with better showmanship and an overwhelming victory for the Old GOP. REDMAP 2020 redistricting strategy should consolidate that victory.

    http://rslc.gop/blog/2015/07/16/rslc...vestment-goal/
    Hail God Emperor Trump!!!

  5. #85
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,344

    Default

    [I][B]'The people just re-elected the fucking swamp they supposedly wanted drained. What "swamp" really meant was Democrats. Trump is shrewd by appointing previous opponents to office. It makes them beholden to him ensuring they will be no threat.'
    Too fucking right. The GOP fronts a candidate that grabs the populist vote, gets back in power.Smart.

  6. #86
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    585

    Default


  7. #87
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    12,690

    Default


  8. #88
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LilBill View Post
    the GOP has always been the greatest threat to 2nd Amd. Do you think the police were militarized just to keep the blacks and browns under control ??
    Easy + more + bigger guns = more and bigger guns for "the man". Then we buy more and even super bigger guns for fear of "the man". Repeat. Nobody is safer but somebody getting richer!

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbed06 View Post
    Any thoughts or opinions on what will happen with the massive illegal population?

    Its always good to hear your guys thoughts on the subjects that affect us all.
    You mean the ones being deported in record #'s under the Obama administration? This is not a record the Dems wanted to run on for fear of losing votes which is why this fact goes unnoticed if all you watch is Fox news.

    Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    . Swamp drainage is a slogan, but the swamp exists because various voting blocs reward the people who built it and return them to office FOR building it. People never call their own programs of choice "the swamp".

    Ain't shit gonna change much, but Trump + GOP are good from a Second Amendment POV so there's that.
    Right on 1 point. Trump ran his entire campaign on platitudes and slogans. But half the country ate that shit up. It's funny how that half calls the other half sheep. These same people who don't want to be told what to do and how to live elected a man who told you he wanted to be a Dictator. There's a wonderful island where you will be SUPER happy and fit right in. It's called Cuba. Can't burn a flag there!

    I don't agree on your point of GOP being “good” with 2nd Amendment. If you said the GOP was “good” with the NRA I would 100% agree. I think we all know the GOP claims to be the 2nd Amendment party to placate their base and keep their country club dues up to date care of the NRA.
    In 2015 there were over 50 gun deaths or injuries by,……..toddlers….. Domestic violence resulting in death is 12X more likely if there’s a gun the house. Nobody is coming for your guns. Yadda yadda facts who cares. Let’s just make more $$ under the veil of “personal protection”.

  9. #89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbed06 View Post
    Hmmmm, I only read the OP and his first post and havent been here forever but I cant resist posting some thoughts.

    Obama killed the West Virginian and bordering states coal industry which negatively and directly affected most of my family. Hillary was a huge part of that so strike 1. Next up.....my family has fought in every war from WW1 to the current conflicts in the Middle East as well as the Matewan conflicts in the early coal fields, Hillary and Benghazi.....nope Strike 2..... Committing blatent treason...Strike 3 .....Pile on rest of her big money lobbying, and wishy washy ideals, the fact I cant stand to look at her cuz she looks like the last witch I rented from and piss poor trade deals which killed Ohio and the Ford plants (which also further drove the WV/OH/PA economy to shit) she has no place in any government position.

    I also spent the last 10 years in the South where illegals drove out the tax paying legal worker. I struggled the entire time I was there competing for work to companies that employed nothing but illegals. Funny thing is, I moved back to the most ecoomically depressed state (WV) and have managed to find enough work to keep me busy since I have been here.......Nope, no coincidence. Its because the people here generally have a way of flushing out illegals at the work place although illegals are still a factor.

    I dunno what you do for a living, and respect your right to an opinion, but I cant relate to a damn thing you said.
    Not trying to call you out or anything, but I am genuinely curious in regards to your mention about your family being involved with the Matewan battles. How do you reconcile that, which you rightly sound proud of, with supporting Trump? Not trying to debate because I'm no Clinton fan, either, but I am genuinely curious as to how you feel a billionaire bussinessman is on your side and not someone who would have been sending the Pinkertons(or the equivalent. I can't remember off the top of my head which ones were there) in.

  10. #90
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,295

    Default

    the GOP has always been the greatest threat to 2nd Amd.
    Citation needed. Specific evidence please. When I make a statement of fact I'm ready to back it with evidence. Where is yours?

    Do you think the police were militarized just to keep the blacks and browns under control ??
    Considering the history, background and demographics of most police forces, the answer is yes. BTW the level of militarization cannot ever be sufficient to contain serious revolt nor can manning. Most people think with passion and their manginas. I look at force structure, capabilities, manning and geographic dispersion. In many rural areas the cops and the public are tight. Urban shitholes, not so much, but easy to contain and if the goblins burn them down, too bad for the lefties who run the show.

    There's nothing to control. The economy is doing fine in many areas. We can't fill machinist jobs in SC even with free schooling (Pell Grants etc) at my very well equipped local college because unemployment is so low that few people are looking for free training! While urban goblins get press, the rest of the country is mostly working. If you aren't, get skilled and change location. If Mexicans can move here to work, Americans can drive to another state. The national butthurt lately is absurd. Please study real wars, real civil unrest, real revolutions and you'll be enlightened. Americans tend to ignore all those things because they think we live in some exceptionalist bubble.

    Easy + more + bigger guns = more and bigger guns for "the man". Then we buy more and even super bigger guns for fear of "the man". Repeat. Nobody is safer but somebody getting richer!
    WTF? What is a "super bigger gun"? What do you know about weaponry and what are you trying to say? That's gibberish. Americans love guns and historically enjoy using them for sport, to put meat on the table, and if needed for self defense against other Americans who are RARELY the government and frequently local shitbags. Guns are fun and more are better. Ammo likewise. People selling guns and ammo compete for Americans money, just as in the motorcycle market.

    Enjoy this era of comfortable domestic peace. The US is huge and with over 300 million people someone will die horribly every day, usually many someones since we lose
    about two and a half million every year to all causes. You could kill another couple hundred thousand for giggles and that wouldn't overload the disposal system.

    There is nothing to stress over in national terms. Zip, squat, nada. Ignore the bullshit and enjoy the show.

  11. #91
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    995

    Default

    I still dont get what all this nuke and troop deployment towards russia is supposed to mean. Northern norways russian border is full of u.s marines and tanks right now. Cool show though.

  12. #92
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post


    WTF? What is a "super bigger gun"? What do you know about weaponry and what are you trying to say? That's gibberish. Americans love guns and historically enjoy using them for sport, to put meat on the table, and if needed for self defense against other Americans who are RARELY the government and frequently local shitbags. Guns are fun and more are better. Ammo likewise. People selling guns and ammo compete for Americans money, just as in the motorcycle market.
    Funny that you're telling me "I'm" speaking gibberish. I mean there's a vicious circle of thought around the militarization of police. Militarization was mentioned in a previous post so I commented. Police get more weaponry, therefore the citizens need more weaponry to keep up. Citizens get more weaponry,..now the police need to up the ante to keep up with them.

    I stand by my comment that "nobody is safer but somebody getting richer". The fact is people who have guns in the house are more likely to be hurt by their own guns than by the local shitbag trying to break in. And I'm not opposed to a company making a profit from guns. I just think there's a reality that needs to be recognized that the NRA and the Republican right don't give a shit about safety. Their ONLY concern is more profits regardless of how many people die. My only proof of this is the NRA's ability to block legislation and education.

    Some Americans love guns. Fact is only about 20% of Americans own them.

    So you don't put me in the wrong box,...I'm pro-2nd Amendment and enjoy guns as well. I just don't like how guns are used as a political tool.

  13. #93
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,295

    Default

    The NRA have supported firearm safety education for decades. Anti-gunners simply want to ban guns and ammo by direct or circuitous routes. As a longtime NRA member I'd like to see actual evidence of "profit first". Legislation is deliberately infected with loopholes designed to facilitate gun control therefore confiscation.

    https://firearmtraining.nra.org/

    http://le.nra.org/training.aspx Established in 1960.

    https://www.nraila.org/issues/background-checks-nics/

    Once NICS was inevitable, gun control supporters began advocating steps aimed at incrementally transforming it into a national registry of guns, something they’ve wanted for more than a century.[34] At first, they wanted background checks on all private (i.e., non-licensee) sales, trades and gifts of handguns.[35] Then they wanted background checks on private transfers of all guns at gun shows.[36]
    I want all gun control stalled or blocked because the enemies of the Second Amendment have an end goal which is confiscation. The rank and file NRA members (by numbers it is clearly a citizen lobby) are delighted with corporate support. We want them to be able to sell us ammo and weapons. NRA members are well aware of our ability to hammer politicians. Too bad there's no comparable motorcycle lobby, though ABATE in SC and other States can get shit done.

    Further, the gun accident rate is modest. Should we ban steak because babies can't chew it? A few deaths are the cost of freedom just as they are of motorcycling. Motorcycles are intrinsically dangerous and cannot be made much safer due to size and the inherent instability which requires constant control inputs just to stay vertical. Should we ban them?

    Education is the cure for ignorance, not empowering the government. People are too fond of adding new laws. I don't give a fuck about hood rats wasting each other. Correct for demographics and the good folks of the US are quite safe relative to other causes of mortality and morbidity.

    Those supporting anti-gun legislation cannot contend there is no slippery slope (not all slippery slopes are fallacious) because government surveillance expansion has skipped the "slope" and expanded drastically under both Demublican and Repocrat administrations. Trump, no surprise, will expand it further.

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...rs-under-trump

    A Democrat will inherit this expanded power
    when they eventually win the White House therefore I favor blocking gun control measures when a party which is pro-gun will do so.

    Parties come and go. Violent crime among Americans who don't volunteer to be garbage is modest. The Second Amendment embeds political power in the mass of the public. Legal rights are words on paper, so a man who cannot kill his enemy has no power in the end. Violent crime rates are historically rather low, and in a nation of 300 million someone will be murdered every day. That doesn't mean there's some high national threat level.

    Overall stats:

    http://www.factcheck.org/2016/07/due...n-crime-trend/

    NIJ gun crime stats:

    http://www.nij.gov/topics/crime/gun-...aspx#prevalent

  14. #94
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    The NRA have supported firearm safety education for decades. Anti-gunners simply want to ban guns and ammo by direct or circuitous routes. As a longtime NRA member I'd like to see actual evidence of "profit first". Legislation is deliberately infected with loopholes designed to facilitate gun control therefore confiscation.
    You say they've supported firearms safety for decades but 20 years ago the NRA got Congress to shut down research into the fact that people who own guns are more at risk. And they've continued to do so since by preventing any funds from being allocated to gun research. They support gun safety like cigarette companies support healthy lungs. They kinda do for PR purposes,..but they really don't.

    All you have to do is a quick Google search. Here's one. There's only one reason the NRA would want to stifle this information.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/congr...ewnewed-2015-7

    And here's a good read on the Congressman, Jay Dickey who is responsible for allowing this research to be squashed, saying he's regretful and was naive and that we could have had scientific research WHILE protecting gun owners rights.
    https://www.thetrace.org/2015/12/cdc...an-jay-dickey/

    Yes there are anti-gunners, but they are the minority. This minority has no power to change the constitution. It's been shown that the majority of Americans support the 2nd Amendment. The majority of people, even NRA members, want common sense reform such as the gun show loop hole for one. If the majority of gun and non gun owners want to be more safe,....and the ONLY thing stopping that is the NRA lobby,...it further stands they put profits first.

    I don't have a secret video tape of Charlton Heston sitting on a pile of gold coins like Scrooge McDuck while laughing at toddlers killing their siblings with Dad's gun. All I have are a shit ton of articles like this that make my case.

  15. #95
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    341

    Default

    I wanna bring this thread back to the original topic since we're talking about entities who pretend they're for the people. How about this Carrier deal??? Congrats to the people of Indiana who just paid a $7M bailout to Carrier to keep 1000 jobs. Way to go Trump! Not only have you already been extorted and you haven't even been sworn in yet,...you don't even realize it and you're bragging about it.

    And the swamp draining. Ya'll Trump voters were very excited about this. How's that working out for you? Not sure? I'll give you hint....the Billionaire from Goldman Sachs who was one of the Architects of the 2008 housing crash and made a shit ton of dough,...yea,...he's the new head of treasury and commerce.

    OK let me make it simple to understand. You got punched in the face really fucking hard by Mike Tyson in 2008. Fucked your shit up good. It's now 2016 and your memory of it is fuzzy. So when you look back on it you think,...wasn't so bad. Let's try it again!

    Any takers on the "but since Steven Mnuchin knows so much about the financial crisis he and his cronies got filthy rich off of,..he's the best one to unfuck the system he created that made him rich"?

  16. #96
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,295

    Default

    Wise move since the Second Amendment embedding violent revolutionary ability among the masses is more important than any other consideration to NRA members and the only route to preventing the confiscatory "safety" utopia desired by prohibitionists is blocking all avenues of attack. "Research" is only an avenue to more restrictions. If the Federal government magically confiscated every gun in the nation there would be no gun violence except that applied by the government. (There would be violence by other means of course.) NRA safety education and safe weapon handling training help reduce accidents which would happen to the untrained WITHOUT restricting access. Any other methods than education are prohibitionist.

    The CDC investigating non-disease, non-chemical issues was promptly and correctly seen seen as an attempt to use a new avenue of regulation to influence legislation. This is similar to using UN treaties against the American people. ITAR regs hanging over the heads of small gunsmiths who could, by stretching the definitions, be considered "manufacturers" is one example. CDC is the Center for Disease Control, not the center for government socio-political management.

    BTW unarmed use of firearms to deter assault is conveniently ignored in body count studies BTW. An assailant with no inhibitions vs. a defender with inhibtions on the their own use of force logically leads to a disparity in trigger pulling.

    Easy + more + bigger guns = more and bigger guns for "the man". Then we buy more and even super bigger guns for fear of "the man". Repeat.
    I invite you to restate this in detail. Define "super bigger" in particular and show examples. Name the firearms you are referring to and why they are purchased out of fear of the man coming after the citizenry (to be contrasted with fear of their purchase itself being banned) as opposed to when the same or similar firearms were purchased during the "good old days" when right wing and government were buddies. Take into account patent expiration on popular weapons like the the Eugene Stoner designed AR family.

    Observant firearms rights advocates watch out for backdoor legislation like hawks.

    We don't expect to convince people like you of anything as your opinions are permanent. We expect to defeat you and are doing rather well. We know you won't stop so we won't either. We know "moderates" won't protect our rights because they prefer the leftist, statist narrative as is their Constitutional right to do.

    Our Constitutional right to keep and bear arms matters more to us than your desire to restrict it. We will work long and hard to defend ourselves at the ballot box, via lobbying and any means necessary. That's why we win often.

    -------------------
    And the swamp draining. Ya'll Trump voters were very excited about this.
    The sensible ones never believed it, but it was a good rallying cry. I knew it was hilariously silly from the start but elections aren't won by appealing to the five or six rational people left in the US.

    Politics is war. Lie, cheat, steal and sacrifice babies if it gets you some of what you want. Neither party delivers and never will except on the issues which don't cost any MONEY. That's social issues.

    Of course Trump was going to install Wall Street veterans in positions of power. Of course he's going to eventually be borged by the NeoCons just like Hillary. NeoCons are smarter as a group than any single American. Ditto Wall Street.
    Last edited by farmall; 12-01-2016 at 3:46 PM.

  17. #97
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    The CDC investigating non-disease, non-chemical issues was promptly and correctly seen seen as an attempt to use a new avenue of regulation to influence legislation. This is similar to using UN treaties against the American people. ITAR regs hanging over the heads of small gunsmiths who could, by stretching the definitions, be considered "manufacturers" is one example. CDC is the Center for Disease Control, not the center for government socio-political management.

    I invite you to restate this in detail. Define "super bigger" in particular and show examples. Name the firearms you are referring to and why they are purchased out of fear of the man coming after the citizenry (to be contrasted with fear of their purchase itself being banned) as opposed to when the same or similar firearms were purchased during the "good old days" when right wing and government were buddies. Take into account patent expiration on popular weapons like the the Eugene Stoner designed AR family.

    We don't expect to convince people like you of anything as your opinions are permanent. We expect to defeat you and are doing rather well. We know you won't stop so we won't either. We know "moderates" won't protect our rights because they prefer the leftist, statist narrative as is their Constitutional right to do.
    I figured you would go right to the CDC thing as a disqualifier because your opinion is permanent as well. The info is relevant. The Congressman stated that “somebody” should have been doing these studies,..if not the CDC. You don’t think if Health and Human Services did the study the NRA wouldn’t have done the same exact thing and found another reason to kill it? With people of your thought proclaiming the platitude “guns don’t kill people, people kill people”,…I could probably make a case that the CDC should have been responsible for this study. If you’re brain allows you to shoot someone (other than in self defense) you might have something wrong with you. Not sure,…let’s study it ; )

    When I said super bigger I was talking goofy about a goofy subject. I was not talking about a specific weapon. I was speaking of the evolution of weapons in general. Surely you can’t disagree that weapons have not become more powerful/deadly (aka super bigger),..can you? People are pissed that police look militarized. As if they’re not supposed to protect themselves and their community by keeping up with the evolution of guns and ammo being used against them. We might be missed each others point here.

    But if you want specifics, remember this wild shoot out? 2 Robbers in full body armor with AK-47’s giving the entire LAPD hell about 20 years ago. Anyone still wondering why the LAPD beefed up after this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQLZ4aKOExI

    This is where we differ. You believe they’re coming for your guns one inch at a time. I do not.

  18. #98
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,295

    Default

    The same capacity and capability has existed since the end of WWII, but STYLING has changed considerably. "Tacticool" sells. That's way the cops foolishly paint MRAPs black despite summer heat.

    Pistols aren't hugely better and the M1911 and variants are still the gold standard of military semi-automatic pistols. Most gunfights don't go on for a long time so there's little difference in having larger capacity double column mags vs single column.

    Marines and others who can shoot still carry M1911 because it's a superb weapon. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MEU(SOC)_pistol

    Another ancient cartridge that's easier to shoot for the untrained (many police get little range time) is the 9mm Parabellum also made famous in the First World War.

    Polymer replaced wood (hence the current quest for a replacement for the 9mm Beretta which looks too old fashioned) and modern laser sights and optics often mounted on Picatinny rails augment the old Mark 1 eyeball.

    High capacity rifles were ignored until they became a media issue (few rifles are used in crimes) after getting lots of Hollywood movie exposure, but there was never a shortage of semi-auto rifles. A WWII Garand remains a capable military rifle with a more powerful cartridge than an M16/M4. .30-06 was used throughout the Viet Nam war by snipers like Carlos Hathcock, though they fired it from more accurate bolt action rifles.

    With the advent of cheap CNC machine tools and expiry of patents the AR series became less expensive because it was no longer solely a Colt product. FN make them for the US armed forces today. They aren't "bigger" (5.56 is smaller than 7.62 NATO or .30-06) though you can now get various 7.62 upper receivers) or "super". The AR is a 1950s design. Civilian ARs have been sold since 1964. Dissatisfaction with 5.56 performance is why larger caliber rifles are preferred for many tasks.

    Semi-auto SKS and Kalashnikov variants likewise are old designs available to civilians for many decades. FALs are less common but ditto.
    Firearms are fascinating, highly refined machines so it's hard to come up with truly new ideas instead of rearranging very old ones.

    Bolt action and semi-auto .50 BMG rifles are relatively new. CNC makes machining complex designs then tweaking them is a matter of changing a bit of code and perhaps some tooling. They are popular "fun guns" for people with deep pockets bu they are heavy motherfuckers not conducive to gang banging and only used for specialty work in modern warfare. They ain't cheap to own or shoot:

    http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=50+bmg

    If a hypothetical revolutionary wanted to take out da man, the deadliest rifles in history were and remain .30 (or slightly larger diameter) caliber bolt actions. The US had some amazing men like Carlos Hathcock, but the Finns had Simo Häyhä. He killed roughly THREE RUSSIAN COMPANIES. Modern military bolt actions look different but are quite similar under the furniture. .300 Win Mag dates to 1963 and its predecessors are much older. .338 Lapua Magnum is 1980s vintage.

    http://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/0...s-kyle-rifles/

    Police militarization is mostly scary uniforms (body armor does make sense) and scary vehicles (cars never reliably stopped bullets, see the Buick of Truth for some fun) when MRAP "military constabulary trucks" (which given their mission is what they really are) came available as free surplus. Nothing they bought is very good warfighting gear.

    Footnote:
    "Tacticool" gear has a sexy video game/movie/real SOF operator/troops who wish they were/cops who wanna look cool self-marketing circular synergy going on. A lot of that gear is durable, ergonomic, comfortable and very nice to use. I'm not even deep into shooting though I enjoy the machinery aspect, but I wear a rigger's belt because they are very comfortable, last forfuckingever, and have an instant buckle when you need to take a shit. I'm a techy, not Rambo.

    http://www.theboxotruth.com/the-buic...and-car-doors/

    MRAPs aren't offensive weapon systems and only exist because the US military finally got tired of soft skinned garbage HMMWV NATO utility trucks getting wasted by land mines (called IEDs so the military wouldn't look stupid for forgetting Viet Nam and Somalia). They are steel police taxis.

    If Americans want shit to worry about, it's not the piggies on the block. Worry that every Administration and more and more corporations hold our personal data and metadata. What is collected by people who don't want to fuck with us can be hacked or stolen or subpoenaed or simply given to those who do. THAT is scary.
    Last edited by farmall; 12-01-2016 at 7:46 PM.

  19. #99
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    12,690

    Default

    Well then ......

    Good read ..^^^^

    This also may be Good Read ......

    Nostradamus Predictions: Did The French Prophet Predict Donald Trump 2016 US Presidential Election Victory Would Lead To World War 3?

    Nostradamus followers believe that the 16th century prophet predicted Donald Trump's win long ago and that the "great shameless, audacious bawler" would wreak havoc in the world. The prophet reportedly foresaw that Trump's presidency would be the beginning of World War III.

    Nostradamus might have known a thing or two about the recent presidential elections, at least according to conspiracy theorists.

    Pollsters might have missed it, but the French prophet apparently predicted that Donald Trump would win the elections and become president. Moreover, Nostradamus also believed this would start World War III.

    The Republican candidate who emerged victorious from the U.S. presidential elections has stirred a great deal of controversy throughout his campaign and continues to do so after his victory. Conspiracy theorists now believe Nostradamus' writings warned about this long ago. His predictions in the past have come true.

    "The great shameless, audacious bawler," Nostradamus reportedly wrote in Century III, Quatrain 81. "He will be elected governor of the army: The boldness of his contention. The bridge broken, the city faint from fear."

    Theorists believe that the shameless, audacious bawler is none other than Trump, the freshly elected president of the United States.

    "The false trumpet concealing madness will cause Byzantium to change its laws," the 16th century prophet wrote in Century I, 40. "From Egypt there will go forth a man who wants the edict withdrawn, changing money and standards."

    While the prophet clearly mentioned Byzantium and Egypt, conspiracy theorists believe that it actually applies to the U.S. now, with the recent wave of refugees coming through Greece.

    Trump made great waves during his campaign because of his views and comments on immigration, so theorists may have found a link. Nostradamus followers think the prophet foresaw Trump's win long ago, and are now fearing that a third world war is just around the corner.

    Moreover, the old Bulgarian psychic Baba Vanga had predicted that the last U.S. president would be Barack Obama, who is now to be replaced by Trump. Baba Vanga has an 85 percent accuracy and correctly predicted 9/11, the rise of the Islamic State and that the 44th U.S. president would be African-American.

    Baba Vanga died back in 1996 at 85 years old, but the prediction that Obama would be the last U.S. president further fuels speculation that World War III is upon us and the end of the world is near.

    For theorists, Trump's vision for the U.S. seems to lend credibility to the claim since the newly elected president wants to increase the number of active duty soldiers to 540,000, the strength of the Navy to 350 vessels and the U.S. Air Force jet battalion to 1,200. Trump also plans to buy temporary destroyers to counter threats from North Korea and Iran.

    According to Nostradamus' predictions, World War III would break out between two major powers in the world and last for a whopping 27 years, coinciding with a comet appearing in the sky and bringing great violence, natural disasters and nuclear combat.

    That's some deep shit ...!!!!

  20. #100
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,687

    Default


Share This



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in