Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    • Aug 2015

Dude night and day!! So much better already. I hate red.

Comment

• nohonestlyitsme
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by 4444
      Love the way this bike sits
      Just uploaded a few better pictures, the stance is taking shape for sure.

Originally posted by Dane
      Dude night and day!! So much better already. I hate red.
      Well, we are definitley closer to dawn! My old man dug up his Parts Catalog and Repair Manual last night so I have some reading to do.

Comment

• nohonestlyitsme
        • Jan 2010

Ordered the Dynatek S Electronic ignition and 5 ohm coil today. My Footpegs and front clover rotor came in too. Still waiting on the pus button starter so I can wrap the wiring up and get it firing. Once I can do that, I will finally be able to diag the motor and see if there are any issues I don't already know about.

Comment

• Yodhan
          • Jun 2015

Looking way better. Very nice.

Comment

• nohonestlyitsme
            • Jan 2010

Hey guys, here are some more shitty pictures of what happened last night. Cut down the beater 72 fender I had and mocked up the Tombstone taillight. I think I will end up running it as a solo seat with a modified Bates style P pad, but the rear bucket from the lepera will be too long for the proportions of the frame. The rear rim is stripped, mid pegs mounted, some more paint removed, the triple tree was stripped, but the chrome was half sanded to the copper layer.

A little back yard fab. Better than what was on it and it cost $0

A little preview of the Caliper, the Pie Slice caliper is in the mail. I know they are crap, but I'm trying to go with a resto chop.

The Dew Tree stripped a little

The new profile direction

And I'm leaning toward the Trident with the diamond in this spot.
            Last edited by nohonestlyitsme; 10-31-2017, 7:35 AM.

Comment

• Apr 2015

Looks great. That fender is begging for a raw metal Sparta taillight tho.

Comment

• nohonestlyitsme
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by 4444
                Looks great. That fender is begging for a raw metal Sparta taillight tho.
                I know, I was think that too. I also like the Lucas Style, but I want to dial in the fender first and make a final decision. It just sucks that real ones are so expensive and I hate the thought of a shiny new repop on this bike.

We'll see

Comment

• Fruttolo
                  • May 2016

This thing has gone from night to day already, good job!
                  I like fender and light, but sissybar looks a bit wrong

Comment

• nohonestlyitsme
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Fruttolo
                    This thing has gone from night to day already, good job!
                    I like fender and light, but sissybar looks a bit wrong
                    Yea I am trying to see where it works. I wish it was a little taller, but I'm thinking of welding some kind've standoff mount to the frame and making it removable. If I raise it up off that way, I can move it back about 4 in where it will probably make more sense.

Comment

• nohonestlyitsme
                      • Jan 2010

Well, none of my shit came in on Saturday so I didn't get as much done as I wanted to. I did get a spacer made for the Rear brake lever, I bent an offset in the brake rod to tuck it in a little, wired in the Ignition and the Push button start and was able to get it cranking.

The moron I got it from completely fucked the points and condenser. None of the screws were correct, one of the stand offs was stripped in the case cover, the timing advance had a sheered off roll pin and will need to be replaced as well. All and all, the case cover was already crack and previously rewelded twice, so I ordered another, Dynatek S comes in today, etc etc

The bike does crank over though, compression seems strong.

Plice Slice
                      Last edited by nohonestlyitsme; 10-31-2017, 7:36 AM.

Comment

• nohonestlyitsme
                        • Jan 2010

The DSK6-1 and Coil, Caliper bracket, Mirror mount, Fuel line, Lucas Hooded taillight assembly, and the '75 Red White and Blue graphics all came today..

Comment

• nohonestlyitsme
                          • Jan 2010

Got the Dyna ignition in last night after some fucking around with stripped and mismatched bolts. The replacement XLH covers I bought were actually worse than what was on it and one of the gear carriers was cracked at the oil passage, so there's $50 wasted. At least the screws came out of the one on it. Replacing the sheered roll pin in the timing advance was also a bitch and I think one of the Advance springs needs to be replaced. Should be good to start once I get it timed.

Dyna S

Found cut offs from the Sissy I put on my Dyna, Should help get the trident to the right height once I'm done with them.

Last edited by nohonestlyitsme; 10-31-2017, 7:37 AM.

Comment

• FatChibs
                            • Feb 2014

This thing is really coming correct man. Did you swap from points to dyna s? I've got a dyna s setup in my engine but I kind of want to switch over to points, electronic ignition has me wary that it will just shit the bed one day. I think thats a tough debate tho, xlforum has compelling arguments for both.

Comment

• nohonestlyitsme
                              • Jan 2010

Thanks! I swapped out the points because some weird stuff had gone on under the cover. The condenser and circuit breaker screws were mismatched, one of the stand offs was stripped in the case cover, the center bolt that held the cam was from home depot with 3 washers on it and the timing advance was all fucked up. At the point I would've replaced the points etc, I was already half way to the Dyna set up with a new dual fire coil. I hear both sides of the argument, but this is 2016. If the electronic shit fails, it will be very unlikely.

Comment

• FatChibs
                                • Feb 2014

Its pretty annoying dealing with shit like that. Previous owner's of ironheads are literally the reason ironheads suck. They don't stand a chance against all the crap thrown at em.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;