CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
  1. #1
    Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    31

    Default Electric to Kick Outer Gear Removal

    Been doing a lot of research and haven't found much on this question. I am going to run an open belt set up on my shovel and I have everything except a kick only clutch basket. I have an electric start clutch basket and was wondering if I can just remove the outer gear somehow on it, or am I going to just have to buy a kick only one. Any info would help
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6911.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	195.4 KB 
ID:	72617Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6912.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	240.8 KB 
ID:	72616

  2. #2
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclespun View Post
    Been doing a lot of research and haven't found much on this question. I am going to run an open belt set up on my shovel and I have everything except a kick only clutch basket. I have an electric start clutch basket and was wondering if I can just remove the outer gear somehow on it, or am I going to just have to buy a kick only one. Any info would help
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6911.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	195.4 KB 
ID:	72617Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6912.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	240.8 KB 
ID:	72616
    You can remove it or leave it...........Your bike won't care if it's there or not........

  3. #3
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,248

    Default

    my ring gear popped right off as I was cutting thru it. what size belt are you going to run? I have a 3" setup i'll never use.

  4. #4
    Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nuklhd View Post
    my ring gear popped right off as I was cutting thru it. what size belt are you going to run? I have a 3" setup i'll never use.
    Cool, Ill try cutting the ring off. Im running an 1 1/2".
    Did you knock out the stud bolts along the rim of it before cutting?

  5. #5
    Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tattooo View Post
    You can remove it or leave it...........Your bike won't care if it's there or not........
    Good to know,
    Thanks

Share This



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in