Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrhammer2u
    • Sep 2015

ATV for my 5 year old ???

Searching CL for a 50cc ATV for my 4.5 year old girl that can be passed down to my son (currently 1.5). Seems like the brand name Suz, Kawa, etc are in the 800-900 ask range. No name 250-400 range. Suzuki 2003 LT50 I have my eye on asking $900 looks to be in great shape and ready to ride.

The no name sound good cause cheap. And I think some of them are compatible with no name parts,..right? But will I be constantly servicing it?
    Brand name has the obvious reliability benefit and probably hold value so I won't lose much on the resale. I'm leaning this direction.

Thoughts?
  • Deckard43
    • Sep 2011

Spend the money and buy name brand. The knockoffs never last and some of the replacement parts cost almost as much as a new knockoff unit. There are alot of knockoff honda and yamaha motors that run ok but they are so cheaply made they just won't hold up. Trust me on this, save yourself the frustration of ordering the junk parts from china and india and just go with the suzuki. Just look how many of the no names are for sale on craigslist etc, theres a reason.

Comment

• farmall
      • Apr 2013

The ChiCom shit is disposable and a false economy. By the time they catch up your kids will be in college, so get the Suzuki.

Comment

• Townson
        • May 2012

Can't go wrong with a Yamaha or Honda if you can wait around for one to come up. I'll agree with everyone else and say that the China made quads are garbage. My dad bought my little brother a 50cc "Eagle" I think it was. Piece of shit lasted a month before it locked up. Even when it was running, it didn't run right

Comment

• beanhead78
          • Nov 2009

i have a sunl 110cc so probably a 70cc that is on my third kid. i love em, cheap and you can get used ones dirt cheap. trick is, learn how to work on them. nobody knows how, you cannot get accurate manuals. you have to teach yourself. seriously its 11 years old and been handed down from my oldest whos 15, my middle 12, and my youngest 7. the plastics are held together with rivits and zipties but it runs like a champ. first thing you do when you get one, grab a handfull of wires and start ripping them out.

Comment

• bri894
            • Dec 2012

I started my daughter off at 6 on a Polaris Scrambler 50cc. I bought it 800, she rode it for 2 years and I sold it for 800. If the kids quad is kept in good shape you can get your money back.

Comment

• Scar55
              • Jan 2014

I bought a used Suzuki 50 back in 08 for my grandson. I went with the Suzuki because I knew I could get parts for it. It cost a little more but even though he has out grown it, his little brother rides it now and it will get passed down to the third grandson. I haven't had to spend any money on it. I just maintain it and it keeps on going. I knew a Chinese brand wouldn't hold up like that. You get what you pay for.

Comment

• 508chassis
                • Nov 2016

My little guy has a Polaris Predator 90 since he was 3 governed down. Now he has a liquid cooled DRR 90 race quad. It's a complete rocket ship... Both are pretty nuke proof.

Comment

• bmjwright
                  • Mar 2010

The upside of a major brand is that (assuming you're buying used) you can buy it, use it for several years, and sell for purchase price.

It's less likely you'll be that fortunate w/ a Chinese model.

Comment

• ridgerunner1965
                    • Mar 2015

whatever you get,dont let the little fukkers see you adjust the throttle limiting screw.

when my boy was 6 or7 i fixed up a old honda 125cc wheeler for him.

he saw me adjust the screw one time,figured out that was why he could not go as fast as he wanted.

so every time my back was turned,off to the garage for him to snag a 10mm wrench and adjust it to suit him,which was WFO!

WE HAD TO HAVE A LITTLE TALK!

good kid but jeez he was way to dam smart.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;