Wanna find out who your true friends are?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beanhead78
    • Nov 2009

Wanna find out who your true friends are?

Get sober.....no truer statement, ive been clean a year and some odd months. Only time anyone gets ahold of me is when they want weed or need their bike worked on. guess what? no weed, and work on your own fuckin bike. last time i rode with anyone was a few months ago. here in flint theresan event called " Bikes on the bricks" my " homies" said everyone was getting together for a ride. sweet right? i get my shit together expecting a ride. we rode about five miles. guess it was pretty sweet.
  • 217chops
    • Jan 2016

That sucks, keep your head up you will find new friends to hang out. I recently found the same thing, have a family get your shit together all the sudden nobody wants to hang out anymore.

Comment

• klondikekid64
      • Nov 2013

Waiting for visitors while in the can is one way to find out. After getting clean a few years ago I realized my "friends" didn't leave me, I left them.

Comment

• 47str8leg
        • Sep 2014

I don't know about that. A friend of mine is sober and a vegetarian. You know how it feels to go out w/someone like that for a beer and a burger ? Sucks, always feel like your doing something wrong in front of them. Always feel like your being judged.
        I'll talk and work on bikes w/him . But bar hopping? No thanks. Longer rides and swap meets are fine.

Comment

• 21guns
          • May 2012

I just got rid of social media now Im lucky to even get a happy birthday off my family.

Comment

• farmall
            • Apr 2013

i found a way to weed out the feebs long ago. I don't work on their bikes. I train them how and make it clear if you won't learn to wrench from a competent trainer (me or any other) then go pay a shop because they need the business. Then I send them to my bros shop and I get something out of doing the work there, or my bro does it.

I'm really open about despising dependent people and about wanting to empower the willing. People dig that and those who don't are shit who need to fucking die.

I get along fine at parties and basically don't drink. I also eat well so I don't turn into a diabeest like many of my peers. They are fine with it. I'm fine with being the sober guy and pass that off as being on pain meds (I am) and sleep-deprived (also true).

People who do cool shit WITH you are bros. I have a broset I'll help all fucking day in all weathers if need be, and they do the same for me. I don't bother with anyone else and have near zero connections outside the gearhead/military/biker communities.

My social media use is careful and my account name bogus because I prefer some security. I don't need to be wished well on birthdays (bad reminder at my age!) and don't care about holidays.

Comment

• Andy99
              • May 2015

Originally posted by beanhead78
              Get sober.....no truer statement, ive been clean a year and some odd months. Only time anyone gets ahold of me is when they want weed or need their bike worked on. guess what? no weed, and work on your own fuckin bike. last time i rode with anyone was a few months ago. here in flint theresan event called " Bikes on the bricks" my " homies" said everyone was getting together for a ride. sweet right? i get my shit together expecting a ride. we rode about five miles. guess it was pretty sweet.

I've been sober a few years now and feel really relieved that my old drinking and using buddies no longer keep in touch. Main reason is they're fucking boring, listening to someone who's had a few beers or a pipe bores the fucking life out of me. The days are too short as it is, without having to listen to some cunt drone on (p.s I was a cool drunk, I only slurred relevant shit)

Comment

• Deckard43
                • Sep 2011

Yup, very true. Used to my phone would start ringing at 4pm on friday with everyone wanting to know where we were partying. Been clean and sober for going on 3 years now minus the occasional one hitter and now my phone very seldom rings. I went from having more "friends" than i could count to just the couple of guys i grew up with. We're still close and always will be but man things sure change when you sober up. Ahh but it was fun while it lasted, luckily i made it out alive. On the rare occasion that i do hit a bar to shoot pool, i'm ready to go home around midnight (about the time everyone starts getting fucked up). I guess i'm getting old, well that and i want to set a better example for my boys.

Comment

• hanger
                  • Jan 2015

Sobering up does make you realize who your friends really are. I found the ones I left behind either went nowhere in life or drinking and smoking was the only thing I had in common with them. I drink today but nothing like I did 20 years ago. I have a two good friends, one I ride with and one I hang with occasionally and fab shit. I was told years ago that at the most you'll have 3 friends and I found that to be true.

Comment

• KevinN
                    • May 2014

I have figured out in my life I have a lot of acquaintances and very few friends. I've never been a power drinker or used drugs but have many acquaintances that do both. I'm retired so most of my bike rides are late at night and alone. As you younger guys get older many of you will find that morning ride to get a good cup of coffee with a clear head is a much better deal than the alternative. I deal almost daily with a step son (age 29) addicted to drugs and living under a bridge. His whole existence is how to get drugs. It tears a family apart. Being a sober person is not nearly as boring as the party crowd make it out to be. To the OP or anyone else on the sober bandwagon, stay your course. It's worth it.

Comment

• datadavid
                      • Oct 2014

Or - youcan have one of those messy breakups noone really wants to talk about And have most of your "friends" side with your ex. Never been so free of motherfuckers in my whole life. There was a few golden years afterwards when i just said fuck it, traveled where i wanted, fucked who i wanted, did whatever the fuck i wanted with all my time and resources. Why dont i learn?

Comment

• Yodhan
                        • Jun 2015

That, or get a serious medical condition that prevents you from going out as much. See who sticks around.

Congrats on being sober, bummer about the 'friends'.

Comment

• metalheart28
                          • Feb 2014

most people aren't who you think they are. I spend most of my time in the garage building shit just hanging out with the neighbor and my kids.

Comment

• JockEShift
                            • Feb 2015

Originally posted by klondikekid64
                            Waiting for visitors while in the can is one way to find out. After getting clean a few years ago I realized my "friends" didn't leave me, I left them.
                            Im never short on friends, there are plenty of Aryan Brothers in the can that got your back and I love to drink, fight and fuck...you only live once!
                            Victory or Valhalla nigga

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                            Working...
                            ;