CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Broken Wisdom Tooth

So, Wednesday after work I started having a terrible pain in my top teeth on the right side. Figured it was just a bad tooth and wouldn't be that big of a deal. Figured I could just get it pulled and that'd be it. Called in to work on Thursday and went to the dentist. Apparently my wisdom tooth (which has been broken off for the better part of two years) has somehow gotten infected and is smashing against the nerve.

Anyway, dude says he isn't gonna touch it and recommends that I go to an oral surgeon. Like I've got the money for that shit. So here I sit in agony, having finished off the last of my stash of painkillers.

Moral of the story: Don't smoke two packs a day. Don't drink Cokes. Don't drink whiskey or beer. Don't eat pancakes with syrup.

AND ESPECIALLY DON'T EAT PUSSY SMOTHERED IN GRAVY.

I don't understand how the dude can call himself a dentist when he barely even looked at the tooth in question and then made a hasty summation that he wasn't gonna fuck with it.

I would've signed a liability waiver and then handed him my pocket knife and let him go digging in my head just to get this fucker out.

Take better care of your teeth kids.

Get Adobe Flash player

I feel for you Townson.The worst pain I ever had in my life was an impacted wisdom tooth.I'm 62 with three total knee replacements and that fucking tooth beat them out.My pain was so severe that I was losing my vision,my blood pressure was 210 over 100, they immedaitely did a brain scan only to find that I had an impacted tooth.Like you, the dentist wouldn't touch it,had to go to an oral surgeon where he pulled all of my wisdom teeth.Having to go to the oral surgeon was actually a better deal for me cause I didn't have dental insurance but my health insurance would cover it because it was considered surgery.Good luck

Get Adobe Flash player

The reason the dentist doesn't want to touch it is because of the proximity with the nerve. If a non surgeon tries to remove it, the odds for that nerve to be damaged is far higher.
    And if you don't want half your face all numb for the rest of your life, the oral surgeon is your best choice.

Get Adobe Flash player

I'm gonna try to get an appointment this week. Hopefully it'll work out. I'm more worried about losing my job for missing too much work because of it than anything.

Get Adobe Flash player

Been there, it sucks. Things I did in the meantime to help the pain/infection were to swish with salt water, then coconut oil, as it is an antibacterial and the oils actually pull the "germs" into it. This helps in the inflammation/infection dept.
    For the pain, soak a small piece of cotton or q tip head in clove oil and stuff it into the hole in the tooth. It actually works pretty well to take the pain down, but try not to get any anywhere else in your mouth because it has a weird burning type sensation that kinda sucks. You can get clove oil at places like vitamin world.
    Hope this helps you, I dealt with it before and the clove oil definitely gave me some relief while waiting to get the extraction.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by DrFxr View Post
    Been there, it sucks. Things I did in the meantime to help the pain/infection were to swish with salt water, then coconut oil, as it is an antibacterial and the oils actually pull the "germs" into it. This helps in the inflammation/infection dept.
    For the pain, soak a small piece of cotton or q tip head in clove oil and stuff it into the hole in the tooth. It actually works pretty well to take the pain down, but try not to get any anywhere else in your mouth because it has a weird burning type sensation that kinda sucks. You can get clove oil at places like vitamin world.
    Hope this helps you, I dealt with it before and the clove oil definitely gave me some relief while waiting to get the extraction.
    Thanks for the tip man. I'll try it out.

Get Adobe Flash player

The only thing worse than bad teeth is no teeth, if I would have known I was going to live this long, I would have brushed my teeth everyday.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by klondikekid64 View Post
    The only thing worse than bad teeth is no teeth, if I would have known I was going to live this long, I would have brushed my teeth everyday.
    I ken member when I had teeth, but just barley. Seriously a little of the over the counter toothache liquid soaked into some cotton and pushed into the hole on the tooth will keep you going to work. Been there done that for a month and a half during a forest fire I was told that if I wasn't there to keep the fire trucks running I might aswell not come back. I think that the union could have kept them from firing me maybe. But the overtime working 16s 7 days a week was phenomenal. Bought a vette and a whole bunch of Indian parts.
    Dusty

Get Adobe Flash player

Intercept tooth problems before they get worse, but of course shit still happens.

I brush my teeth with salt which works very well, and saltwater mouth wash (add salt to a small glass of water until the water won't hold salt in solution) works great for damage. I've had braces, wisdom tooth mis-removal (civilian dentist), wisdom tooth correct removal (military dentist) and used salt water every time. Heals gums fast.

No teeth isn't all bad. Many years ago my bro wrecked his KZ 400 and got a flying kerbie. Lost his teeth but his old lady bragged on the cunninlingual improvement.

Get Adobe Flash player

Worst pain of my life(so far) was having my infected tooth root canal. The tooth was so infected that the local anesthetic didn't work. They numbed up my entire jaw and I could literally feel them drilling my tooth the whole time. Every time he pressed the drill against my tooth the nerve lit up. It was torture.

Get Adobe Flash player

Another vote for salt water rinse. That shit has kept me away from the oral surgeon for about 3 years now with the busted off remnants of a tooth below the gum line.

Get Adobe Flash player

Damn, I'm glad I'm not alone in this shit lol. Yeah, I've tried the saltwater rinse and it works alright. The tooth doesn't really bother me at work. It starts hurting at night when I lay down for bed. Shit keeps me awake all night.

Get Adobe Flash player

I was headed out to deckhand on a 85' tuna boat to midway (yes that midway) a few years ago from the west coast of Vancouver Island , it was to be a 45-50 day trip, sure enough...that tooth I thought would be ok till later, no,it started acting up in the worst way, but I had to go so, I stocked up on ora-gel tooth drops, nights were the worst, we pulled into Astoria the first night out of Canada for fuel, crossing the bar at midnight with a pounding tooth in the dark was hell. https://deltavan1.wordpress.com/2014...e-to-see-this/
    Last edited by klondikekid64; 10-24-2016 at 6:02 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by klondikekid64 View Post
    I was headed out to deckhand on a 85' tuna boat to midway (yes that midway) a few years ago from the west coast of Vancouver Island , it was to be a 45-50 day trip, sure enough...that tooth I thought would be ok till later, no,it started acting up in the worst way, but I had to go so, I stocked up on ora-gel tooth drops, nights were the worst, we pulled into Astoria the first night out of Canada for fuel, crossing the bar at midnight with a pounding tooth in the dark was hell. https://deltavan1.wordpress.com/2014...e-to-see-this/
    Dude those waves are fucking crazy. To Hell with that lol

Get Adobe Flash player

That is because the blood flows to your head easier when you lay down. Get it fixed dude, its only going to get worse.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by pirate2876 View Post
    That is because the blood flows to your head easier when you lay down. Get it fixed dude, its only going to get worse.
    Working on it. Keep getting the run around from the dentist.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Townson View Post
    Working on it. Keep getting the run around from the dentist.
    Probably better that getting a reach around from the dentist

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by andri View Post
    Probably better that getting a reach around from the dentist
    You're goddamn right lol.

FMLA every place of employment is required by law to offer it. Or AandS accident and sickness for short term illness

Get Adobe Flash player

Got that bitch pulled out today. Wasn't nearly as bad as I had originally thought. The first dentist I went to made it seem like a big deal. The new dentist was an old man and made it seem like a fucking cake walk. Gave me some Novocaine and got it right out. Now as long as I can keep from getting a dry socket, I'll be good.

Share This