Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CycleFreak
    • Jun 2011

Looks great man! Where are you going to mount your plate?

Comment

• FatChibs
      • Feb 2014

Thanks! Once its registered (with a vintage motorcycle tag), I'll probably get a cheap bracket to hang on the sissy bar, any suggestions? Im not crazy about axle mounted stuff.

Comment

• CycleFreak
        • Jun 2011

I'm with you on the axle mounted plates. I feel like it always looks a bit off on a slimmed down bike like yours. I'd probably run it on the sissy bar as well. The only other option I've seen that I kinda like is mounting in on the primary. The 5-0 might fuck with you about it, but if this isn't going to be your daily that might not worry you.

Comment

• Yodhan
          • Jun 2015

Originally posted by CycleFreak
          I'm with you on the axle mounted plates. I feel like it always looks a bit off on a slimmed down bike like yours. I'd probably run it on the sissy bar as well. The only other option I've seen that I kinda like is mounting in on the primary. The 5-0 might fuck with you about it, but if this isn't going to be your daily that might not worry you.
          I got the Gasbox plate mount that goes off the primary. Haven't gotten messed with by the cops yet. I made sure that I had light up plate bolts, so hopefully, if they do come after me, I can plead legality/ignorance of whatever bullshit law the try and say I'm breaking.

Comment

• Y0GKJ
            • Apr 2017

Loving this bike

Comment

• Fruttolo
              • May 2016

Wow that kickstart looked easy
              Awesome bike, just needs the front of the seat adjusted/fixed, it looks funny now

Comment

• FatChibs
                • Feb 2014

Yeah i was shocked how easy it started, im having some trouble getting it started now but i think its technique...

Yeah, its pretty temporary, i think im gonna have a go at making a king and queen, or another cobra seat with a better fitting seat pan. The paughco frame has a funny hump in the seat post area, need a seat pan shaped to better fit that area

Comment

• 86d
                  • Jul 2015

LOOKING RAD MAN!!! I'm helping my buddy's put together their three iron heads and I'd really like to start my own. Nice job, looks fun. I might have missed it in the thread, but did you fab those mid's yourself?

Comment

• busman87
                    • Jul 2012

Fuckin killer bike. I'm curious what chain did you use? I have my 70 xlch in a pauchco frame and cant find the right chain. I got a 530 120 link from j&p and figured just cut it to size. But I put the sprocket cover on and it wont budge. FUCK....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0521.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	313.8 KB
ID:	1296234

Comment

• FatChibs
                      • Feb 2014

JP is on some bullshit, they sold me a fatass chain too. Here's a link to the one I bought, http://www.ebay.com/itm/252576509622...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Cut it down a few lengths, be sure to bring your axle adjust as far forward as you can, then make the chain as tight as possible, then adjust backwards as necessary. Thanks for the complement man, yours is coming along nice too! Love that early engine with the distributor

Comment

• FatChibs
                        • Feb 2014

Did some work recently, pulled the primary cover back off to do a clutch adjustment. Pro tip, follow the manual to the word. My 6 clutch retaining nuts were too tight (even tho the spacers are supposed to be long enough to make the adjustment correct?...) so i had to back it off a bit to the manual specs , i think 1/8th " I'd have to find my reference in the manual again. Clutch lever was readjusted.

Then I had trouble starting it, thought maybe my coil or condenser were giving me hell. The weights unit was getting lose when i was kicking it, causing the points to not open. Points are set now, I've never fooled with em before but its pretty damn straightforward overall. Carb is tuned pretty damn well so im grateful i dont have to mess with that. I checked all my pushrods, rear exhaust pushrod was loose.

Seems to be starting okay now, I had some trouble with lithium ion batteries (ballistic and shorai), i charged up an old bigass AGM battery and my charging system is putting out 14+ volts. I rode it up and down my alley and shifted up to third gear. Clutch is adjusted well, front brake didnt work for shit....Rear brake worked pretty darn well though, I have to get used to left foot braking. And my left footpeg mounting bolt broke off tightening it back on, so i gotta back out the broken bolt stud and get some more hardware.

I have to say, during the short ride I took the bike was pretty fucking comfortable, even with this thin ass seat. Its my first rigid, but it felt pretty great. My handlebars a moving the risers around making it sketchy as fuck. I may have to switch that up....
                        Last edited by FatChibs; 04-21-2017, 6:26 PM.

Comment

• FatChibs
                          • Feb 2014

Side note, since the front brake is either in need of serious adjustment, or just aint worth a damn, I may end up putting a spool wheel up front. Need to measure my axle and figure that out.

Comment

• FatChibs
                            • Feb 2014

I rode for about an hour , felt incredible. Clutch is dialed in, went up to fourth gear and experienced my first rigid motorcycle ride. It felt comfortable and really natural. Seat felt fine and i dont really see anything to complain about not having rear suspension.

Got back to my street / hood and the bike died with the loudest backfire ive ever heard. Like a gun shot. Bike strted back up briefly but died under load. Double checked my negative connections, they were loose. Verified battery had 12+ volts. Checked pushrods , all good. Points gap good. I think i blew my condenser. No spark at plugs. Plugs are dry fouled. Probably shitty points timing. Leaking oil like a bastard.

Ill fix it tomorrow hahah, but fuck it. I rode my homebuilt chopper for an hour and didnt die, thats what its all about.

Comment

• Dragstews
                              • Sep 2010

Hey....

Ya do know that if it don't leak "Your out of Oil"

Just kidding ...

Scoot looking great ...
                              Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• BlackCloudSalvage
                                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by FatChibs
                                Ill fix it tomorrow hahah, but fuck it. I rode my homebuilt chopper for an hour and didnt die, thats what its all about.
                                Sounds like we share the same outlook! Myself and two other dudes in town are putting ironheads together and I think we will all be pretty stoked just to get a solid ride in. Then we'll deal with what may come. Keep at it man. Glad yer having fun.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...