Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FatChibs
    • Feb 2014

76 Ironhead build

thought I'd share where I'm at. Realistically I need to have some welding done and clean off some rust and paint, then just assembly is left. Need a few knick knacks too finish things out and buying tedious little parts to make this fucky 1976 work. Eventually I'd like to install a kickstart and revert it to right side shift to get rid of the crossover shift flop.

Paughco s120 frame, 33.4mm front end, 18 in rear wheel.

Need a seat, battery box, exhaust, oil fittings, neck bearings (thinking of using these ), new handlebars (rabbits are on temporary), headlight, tail light, brake linkages, and im sure i'm forgetting other stuff.

Anyhow, heres a few cruddy pic of my apartment motorcycle build, i have limited space and dont really know what im doing haha

Last edited by FatChibs; 10-06-2016, 9:02 PM.
  • FatChibs
    • Feb 2014

Here's a pic of it when I first got it and ripped it apart :P

Last edited by FatChibs; 10-06-2016, 8:49 PM.

Comment

• FatChibs
      • Feb 2014

Threw on a seat for mock up

Last edited by FatChibs; 10-09-2016, 9:25 PM.

Comment

• Apr 2015

I love the way that roller sits, very nice

Comment

• OleDirtyDoc
          • Jul 2013

looking good

Comment

• elTee
            • Aug 2009

Good looking roller, great stance ! 12-14 over forks? I'm sporting the 33.4 also w/ 4 over tubes.

Comment

• FatChibs
              • Feb 2014

thanks dude! i'm not sure on the total length, but its definitely pretty darn long. I dont have the triple tree hardware in the front end, and i'm hoping this is why, but theres some flop / sloppiness in the forks when turning. I'm hoping to get the engine in soon for fitment and to see how it sits.

Comment

• VincentVega
                • May 2013

what oil tank is that? I'm building an ironhead with the same frame and cant find one that fits nice.

Comment

• FatChibs
                  • Feb 2014

I'm trying to rememeber, i bought it from a dude here. the company who produced em made em specifically for sportster paughco builds,but they dont make em anymore. its a really good looking and fitting oil tank too.

Few more things added, need to do welds for my bungs which ive drilled and dropped in the frame, fender, and oil tank.

Comment

• sdsbassist
                    • Jun 2014

That shit is exactly what i want to build. Looks great! I will keep following.

Comment

• Yodhan
                      • Jun 2015

Those bars are great looking. I like the stance of the bike. Good stuff.

Comment

• FatChibs
                        • Feb 2014

Well i busted my phone up, so i fell back on an older one. Pics are worse quality but i did a few things and thought id share other angles of the roller.

Added a headlight and taillight all mounted up. The seat fits pretty damn well so I'm definitely keeping it but trying to figure out how to use the paughco seat mount loop in combination with my seat. Fender bungs are placed and mounted but I still need help welding them to the frame seat post section. Gas tank bungs are dropped into the frame now and ready for welding and the gas tank is bolted to the tophat bungs.

Changed the risers (these are slightly longer and have a better fitment to the triple trees) for the bars, put a throttle and put some handlebar grips on em.

Ass section, standard box style tail light. Doesn't lean too much either and is skinny.

Engine. Pretty sure the primary leaks due to the PO using JB weld instead of a gasket and JB welding the drain plug..so I have that to look forward to fixing.

The fender needs to be chopped for a chain relief eventually
                        Last edited by FatChibs; 11-17-2016, 9:42 PM.

Comment

• Fruttolo
                          • May 2016

Someone should make it illegal to sell jb weld to stupid people

Comment

• Vallokid
                            • Oct 2016

Looking Good, Dude! I have to give you credit building that in your apartment. I'm struggling with mine in my garage.

Comment

• FatChibs
                              • Feb 2014

At 23 its difficult not having a space of my own can't really afford anything like yet, wish i had more tools and space. Its been slow going but im dying to have the engine in it. Piece by piece.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;