CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default being bikeless sucks infected dick...

Just wanting to fume for a minute.

In feb of this year, out of the blue, i suffered an brain aneurysm which casued a stroke. Long story short, I'm still struggling with recovering and in the process I've become disabled and basically lost everything I had, included my bike. I told my self that I wouldn't be able to ride anymore, to help ease the pain of not having a bike, but after all this time of no riding, i can't get the idea of getting back on a bike out of my head. Never would have believed I would miss it this much. I'm sure some of you out there know what I"m talking about.

being on a meager fixed income, I can't afford to buy a bike. I keep hoping I'll find a miracle deal on a basket case or abandoned project, but so far it hasn' happened...
    So now my plan is to either win the lottery (which I dont play) or find somebody that will trade me something for some of my guitars and amps, which are the only things I have of any value anymore...

anywho, sorry for the pitty party fellas, just really yearning to hit the road again and feeling pathetic about my situation. Yall have a good one and enjoy your scooters every single little bit you can.

Get Adobe Flash player

Fuckin bummer man.
    But where thers is a will there is a way.
    Dont let that shit grind you down, keep the faith man it'll work itself out.

Get Adobe Flash player

that really sucks man. I got hurt real bad 3 years ago and only have about 30% use of my legs. I had a sporty that I had just bought and it sat in the garage this whole time. I kept telling myself that I was gonna trike it and figure a way to ride again because I just couldn't give it up! this summer I was finally able to make that dream come true and get back back in the wind and I tell it was an emotional experience. its great that you seem to have recovered enough to ride again so you can always be greatful of that! what kind of project bike are you looking for?

Get Adobe Flash player

^^^This. Stay positive and be patient. Glad to hear you are recovering and will be well enough to ride. Lots of us have been down and unable to ride because of injuries, finances, health or just plain "bad Luck". It sucks, and you can dwell on how much it sucks, or dwell on how you are going to overcome it. They are both just thoughts but the latter will make you less miserable, and possibly provide solutions to your problem.

Instead of hocking your gear, could you could join a gigging band that pays some cash? Around here "cover" bands can make $4-800 bucks on a weekend night. Yes playing covers totally sucks, but its easy money that can go towards a bike.

Keep an eye out for cheap things you can flip. You'd be surprised at what you find if you hit thrift stores and yard sales like its your job. My buddy just scored a dozen red-line hot wheels at Savers for a buck a piece......first one he put on eBay sold for almost $200.

You can do it this way.......

Get Adobe Flash player

Keep your head up......... It will all come together in time........ Get well first.....

Get Adobe Flash player

Just to empathize a little, I'll share my story of lost bikes and the heartache that went with it.

I got into some trouble with the law, and I was riding one of my two bikes at the time, when the Sheriffs swat team raided my house to execute arrest and search warrants they seized almost everything I owned, including my two bikes.

My bikes were hauled off to places unknown, the piece of shit deputies wouldn't even tell me where they were taking them, and they were not careful about how they treated them. I sat in the back of a patrol car, in handcuffs, watching my bikes get scratched and dinged as they were being loaded into a truck. Then I watched as the truck drove off and out of sight.

I cared more about my bikes than about the trouble I was in. The way I saw it, I could afford to do some time, but I couldn't afford to replace my bikes. At one point I asked my lawyer if I was guaranteed to get my bikes back, and I was assuming the answer would be "yes", but instead he looked at me with a dire expression and said "Oh no. The judge can order them to be auctioned off". That was one of the worst moments in my life. It truly felt like someone ripped my heart out.

I got out on bail, but I was a tortured man. Where once there had been two bikes in my garage, now there was only empty space. It killed me a little every time I had to go in there. And every time I heard a bike ride past my house, or any time I saw a guy riding on the street, my heart broke, and I would think to myself "I used to have one of those".

After a few months of negotiating, and agreeing not to sue for the violation of my 4th Amendment rights that the deputies had committed (taking property not described in the warrant) my lawyer arranged for the release of one of my bikes, but I had to jump through hoops and go through a week of bullshit before I could actually get it. The asshole lead detective in charge of the case was dicking me around. Every time a date was set for me to pick up the bike, he made up some excuse why it couldn't happen. Only after my lawyer got on his case about it did I finally get a solid date.

So I get directions to the Sheriffs impound yard, not knowing what to expect, and dreading what condition my bikes would be in. Then I saw them, they were outside in a fenced-in dirt lot. They had been out there uncovered through multiple rain storms. They were covered in dirt, and bird shit, with rust here and there on parts that had been pristine.

Amazingly the one bike I could take home started up on the first try, and after washing off the seat with some bottled water, I rode that filthy bike home. Needless to say I was very happy to have it back, dirt, bird shit, rust and all.

Eventually, many months later, after my case concluded and I did some time, my lawyer secured the release of my other bike.

Man I tell ya, I NEVER want to experience the feelings I felt losing my bikes like that again. It truly felt like the county had taken my children away and I was powerless to stop the. And not knowing where they were, who had them, how they were being treated, or if I would ever see them again was agonizing.

My story had a happy ending, and I hope yours will to. Don't give up hope. As long as you're physically capable of riding, there's always that possibility. Fortunes have a way of changing, life has it's ups and downs, believe me I know.
    Last edited by EVILBLACKSABRE; 09-27-2016 at 4:09 PM.

Buy a $200 Honda and ride that until you can afford something else

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by metalheart28 View Post
    what kind of project bike are you looking for?
    A cheap one! I've always wanted a british bike, but at this point anything with two wheels and a motor would suffice...

COngrats on gtting back on th road man, I hope to be able to post something similar at some point.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by panheadpete View Post
    Buy a $200 Honda and ride that until you can afford something else
    if only they existd around here!

so far, Locally, I've found a 90's model sportster 1200, bone stock for $5000 and an orange spray bombed honda shadow with no title for $2000 used bike prices around here a sick joke.
    Somewhere around here there has to be a old aircooled bike rotting in a barn somewhere, but I can't seem to find it! Thnks for the positivity guys

Get Adobe Flash player

Where do you live?

Share This