Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philbot
    • Mar 2015

Need help! Honda cb650

I have an 81 honda CB 650 and cannot for the life of me get it to start, I've checked the timing, the firing order, I have good spark and fuel.

It coughs and sputters but just won't start. I'm at a complete loss...
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Philbot
    I have an 81 honda CB 650 and cannot for the life of me get it to start, I've checked the timing, the firing order, I have good spark and fuel.

It coughs and sputters but just won't start. I'm at a complete loss...

Did you rebuild the carbs?????????

Comment

• Philbot
      • Mar 2015

I've torn them apart and cleaned them about 6 times now.

Comment

• Tattooo
        • Sep 2012

I've torn them apart and cleaned them about 6 times now.
        Cool....... Did you clean the tiny jets so you can see light through them?????

Comment

• JuanCarlito
          • Aug 2014

Try taking off the small cover on the right side of the engine and check the automatic timing advancer. My cb650 had a running issue and that was the last thing I checked and it was seized right up. Might help might not.
          The thread "Lost & Loving It" should still have photos etc from what I found.

Comment

• Fad9567
            • Nov 2015

Like JuanCarlito said, the advancing unit may be out. On my xs650 the springs slowly fatigued and wouldnt pull the weights into the proper alignment. I got new springs for a couple of bucks and it fired up and idled great after that. Have you tried using ether in the carbs? That may help you figure out if it sputters to life then you know you have compression spark and possibly fuel.

Comment

• Philbot
              • Mar 2015

Got all the jets super clean, and have tried ether, sounds like it wanted to go on ether but just couldn't catch. I checked my cam timing but haven't looked too closly at the spark advancer, I'll check that out tonight.

Comment

• Tattooo
                • Sep 2012

Got all the jets super clean, and have tried ether, sounds like it wanted to go on ether but just couldn't catch. I checked my cam timing but haven't looked too closly at the spark advancer, I'll check that out tonight.
                What happens when you spray starting fluid in it when your trying to start it?????????

Comment

• Philbot
                  • Mar 2015

Checked out the apart advancer, everything looks good, springs still have tension and look to operate normaly.

If I spray starter fluid in it sputters the same...just a little louder.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;