CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default Bell re-issuing the Moto III

Saw that they are coming soon in 2017 on the lowbrow customs website. Now you won't have to spend a fortune on a beat up one with ratty ass liner on eBay.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by 78BritBastard View Post
    Saw that they are coming soon in 2017 on the lowbrow customs website. Now you won't have to spend a fortune on a beat up one with ratty ass liner on eBay.
    Gotta make that $$$ off the hipsters while you can. Can't blame Bell for striking while the iron is hot.

There's some truth there. I think they're cool helmets but I'd feel like an asshole wearing one. I had one back when I was a kid and rode quads and snowmobiles on my parents farm.

Get Adobe Flash player

I never got that "period helmet" bullshit but then I don't costume play a biker.

Moto III was a modern helmet when I owned one. They make better helmets now. Of course back then I got shit for wearing a full face helmet at all.

BTW we used to duct tape the vents in winter.

I doubt we'll see posers risk tape adhesive on their chinbar. Visiting scrotums might stick to it.

SamHain

Fuck it I think they're pretty cool helmets. Don't say that too often. I don't care about period correct, I just like more old shit than new.... But I've also never bought a helmet. Falling apart hand me downs have got me this far.

Get Adobe Flash player

I don't really see the issue? A nice looking helmet re-issued with modern safety standards. Sounds good to me.

Get Adobe Flash player

Damn. I was going to drop coin on a Biltwell Gringo in the next month or two... now I'm thinking I'll want to try on the Gringo and the Moto 3 in person before I make a decision.

Get Adobe Flash player

It's kinda funny how Bell is late to their own party. Simpson and Biltwell beating them to the punch with basically Bells design.

I own both a Gringo and Bell Bullet. Don't really need another one. If I were to get another, it would be a Gringo S. If I were in the market, I'd consider it. The price tag is a little heavy though.

Get Adobe Flash player

The VMXer's are the ones that brought this about. Hipsters wear the ugly Bullet and the ridiculous Rogue.

Get Adobe Flash player

I actually got the first Moto III in western Canada when I was a kid. Must have been around 1978. I special ordered it cuz I didn't want to wait until the dealership made their order. I can still remember the guys at the dealership laughing cuz I took an adult size. My body hadn't caught up with my head size yet. Lmao

Share This