Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jpope85
    • Jun 2016

stretched kz440, looking for belt

So i stretched my kz440, i really wanted to keep with the belt drive, but I'm having trouble locating a replacement. The original was 129T (71 inches in length). With my new setup its 89 inches in length, quick math, 162T belt would be needed. Not sure if anyone even makes these. Any input or advice before i go for a chain conversion. Thanks.
  • Jpope85
    • Jun 2016

well, decided im switching to chain, got my sprockets ordered tonight

Comment

• MrBlack
      • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Jpope85
      well, decided im switching to chain, got my sprockets ordered tonight
      nice choice you could have used a sporty belt it's not quite as wide but as long as shit is balanced that doesn't matter same pitch tooth count, quite a few people order from timing belt suppliers as you can get any custom size you want or close enough.

I chain converted my 454 it wasn't that bad rear hub/sprocket and front sprocket from a ninja's chain drive. Be sure to get a chain breaker too if you dont care for the chisel ball pen route... and of course the shape of the master link be sure the round non open end part goes in the same rotation as the sprocket does forward if it is the open side forward you'll lose the damned thing and be sure to size the chain ON the bike so you don't fuck up length and the chain adjusters as far forward as possible so you can get some adjustment stretch out of it some chains stretch 1-3 inches and opps fucked up band width etc because of a floppy chain

Comment

• Jpope85
        • Jun 2016

thanks for the info!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;