Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shovelpan69
    • May 2012

Survivor Santee cb750

Picked up this 1/3 of a bike pretty sure it's mostly original Santee stuff. I've done mostly Harleys up to this point rebuilt a few sets of carbs on Hondas and kawasaki but never done a chopper figure it's time to do a cool Honda chopper... gonna be in the market here soon for some Santee stuff any suggestions on keeping this thing pretty close to how it would have been in the 70's would be appreciated. parts for sale would also be appreciated currently looking for a motor ARD magneto and a Santee electric box. Thanks for checking it out

• shovelpan69
    • May 2012

motor sourced going to check it out today, hopefully its in good shape.

Comment

• MrBlack
      • Oct 2015

Nice is this one of CRFyous old bikes?

Comment

• shovelpan69
        • May 2012

Originally posted by MrBlack
        Nice is this one of CRFyous old bikes?
        Ha I doubt it

Motor carbs intake boots and a set of shitty pipes and the clamps have be scored.....we're burning on a cylinders now.....compression on all 4 cylinders is coming back at 90, not sure if that's good or not but it's consistent. I'll post photos tomorrow.

Comment

• shovelpan69
          • May 2012

Alright pictures as promised. Haven't had a chance to put a little oil in the cylinders and try them again but as soon as I do I'll let you know what I come up with.

My little space is filling up again. Someone buy this suzuki.

Comment

• shovelpan69
            • May 2012

Thought I would post this stuff up as the history of this bike is cool and part of the reason I bought it.

Comment

• shovelpan69
              • May 2012

Ok guys so I redid my compression tests and did it the right way this time.....last time i only did like 3 kicks and i left the spark plugs in the other holes so it was difficult to kick over especially since its not in a bike or on a stand. I used the starter motor this time and got a brand new compression tester. #1 cylinder is 145 #2 150 #3 155 #4 140.

Also got my Suzuki sold so I have money now to get this thing moving. A buddy of mine has a pretty cool springer so im gonna scoop that up from him its gonna be a little tall for what i need but so ive got some deciding to do.

Comment

• shovelpan69
                • May 2012

Well back at it, wrestling season is coming to a close and it's getting warmish out so onto the honda we go.

Got the little heater out because it was a little cold, and got to working.

Took 1 photo but got a lot done, ordered neck bearing, picked up the front end from my buddy pete got the motor in, sissy bar sured up, seats mounted, sprocket aligned with the trans, carbs are apart and sitting in cleaning solution.

He's got a hell of a lean but I dig it, no problems with ground clearance on this guy. Major things left to fabricate : magneto belt housing, top clamp for the springer and some bars.

Comment

• shovelpan69
                  • May 2012

Been slow goin but got some stuff accomplished in the last few days.

Taillight plate mounts all finished up and ready for wiring.

Since the front end is so tall and about to get a little bit taller your feet wanna naturally go on top of the stator cover and points cover so I decided to put the controls up there

Got the carbs on a and have a air box on the way

Comment

• jaggermeisterje
                    • May 2013

Maaaan this things cooool as hell!

Comment

• shovelpan69
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by jaggermeisterje
                      Maaaan this things cooool as hell!

Thanks man, it's coming along can't wait to finish it

Comment

• shovelpan69
                        • May 2012

Before an after of the top clamp

The peg gives me some grip but it was just a little to high for the break to work well so I'm gonna cut off the pedal and weld a plate with this little rubber pad on there.

Comment

• shovelpan69
                          • May 2012

We'll I'll start with the small stuff I finished.

Not putting a peg on this side because the stator cover does a fine job, so I bout some clear grip tape from a skateboard shop and put it on there the clutch pedal is on there too but it's a little hard to see.

Then it was on to the clutch this was the most difficult piece I've eve built trying to make everything fit and work how it should while not destroying the paint on this thing, but it's done and it works great.

Then onto bars

The brace isn't welded in and there not bolted in in any way but once they are it's gonna be awesome. I really like the way they came out it's pretty much exactly what I was thinking and it only cost me 25 bucks at fastenal.
                          Last edited by shovelpan69; 03-31-2017, 10:44 PM.

Comment

• shovelpan69
                            • May 2012

Bread box !!!!!!!!!! Santee electric box to come. Stay tuned

Comment

• jaggermeisterje
                              • May 2013

Coming along nicely man! Reminds me i had a survivor 750 that was white with a black panther riding a unicorn on the molded gastank. The 70s were awesome

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;