CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Love it, you don't see many of these around anymore. Ive got a 79 750, your gonna love that ride!

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by OhhNoo82 View Post
    Love it, you don't see many of these around anymore. Ive got a 79 750, your gonna love that ride!
    its the only bike i own with shocks so im sure itll be a comfy experience. lets see that 79

Get Adobe Flash player

are you going to run the electrical in that little box? I may have some coils for you... i'll check in my honda parts bin as soon as the weather breaks. If i were you I would consider keeping coils and rectifier outside of the box, they are going to get hot

Get Adobe Flash player

Simple headlight treatment.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by CraiGORE View Post
    are you going to run the electrical in that little box? I may have some coils for you... i'll check in my honda parts bin as soon as the weather breaks. If i were you I would consider keeping coils and rectifier outside of the box, they are going to get hot
    I think that's what the louvers are for I'm pretty sure. They have them set up like this as displays on more than one website .

http://www.cycleonemanufacturing.com/id281.html

my gl500 was shockless and it really blew, I ended up putting a monoshock on and it was all good from there. This is my girl, she runs and rides after sitting for 4 years. New jets and other cosmetics needed on her are on the way. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1942.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	293.1 KB 
ID:	75663
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1943.jpg  
    Last edited by OhhNoo82; 03-15-2017 at 9:51 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

thats a cool bike. I've never been someone who needed shocks but I'm sure i wont hate them.

Thanks man, I ride either as long as it gets me down the road. Let me know how that box works out for you, I need to tuck all my wires and electronics

Get Adobe Flash player

I believe I used to have a roller from the original owner as this one. SAME EXACT PAINT SCHEME. Same colors, molding was an amen savior frame set up for a smaller honda motor. Should have kept that bad boy. I do know it is still in KC MO. And ill have to look but I have copies of the bill of sale and original title and shit.

Get Adobe Flash player

same paint scheme and everything huh? I wonder if it came as an option from Santee like that.

Get Adobe Flash player

Fun stuff first, got the shifter arm all done and it works great could be a little more curvy for my likening but I don't have a torch so until I get it down to Joel's this is how it's gonna be

I think I might call this bike the heim joint cuz I have 5 of them on here at this point. Any way since I went with 1" bars and I didn't have a throttle cable I figure I could use a Harley on bit the barrel didn't fit in the crabs so I had to use one of those universal throttle cables, had to cut the sheathing back so the barel could make it all the way around to the right place and then had to come up with a way to hold the cable in place.

Cut this off a set of Suzuki carbs I had and welded it to the top of ......whatever that's called.

Throttle cable finished

On to the bad news I hadn't really looked into the exhaust at all until today and wondering what you guys think. The two outside ones are dry but the two inside are pretty wet and dirty. Joel says fuck it and I tend to agree so i guess I'm just wondering what would cause this bad seals? Blow by?

#4 cylinder

#3 cylinder
    Last edited by shovelpan69; 03-20-2017 at 9:48 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

get it running see how it sounds re-check the compression and go from there.that's my .02

fwiw,

leon
    Last edited by billybiltit; 03-17-2017 at 12:55 PM.

Wouldn't really worry about it until you get it going and the valves reseat themselves or if you need to replace them( if that's the problem) then the nice one are inexpensive and good quality. The other thing is with #2 and #3 cylinder, it may be due to the previous motor guy running pods and they are notorious for running really cold if you don't have them tuned right. Now that you have the breadbox on there I would just clean it up the best I could and then just run it now that all the carbs will have equal airflow to the cylinders

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by OhhNoo82 View Post
    Wouldn't really worry about it until you get it going and the valves reseat themselves or if you need to replace them( if that's the problem) then the nice one are inexpensive and good quality. The other thing is with #2 and #3 cylinder, it may be due to the previous motor guy running pods and they are notorious for running really cold if you don't have them tuned right. Now that you have the breadbox on there I would just clean it up the best I could and then just run it now that all the carbs will have equal airflow to the cylinders

Quote Originally Posted by billybiltit View Post
    get it running see how it sounds re-check the compression and go from there.that's my .02

fwiw,

leon
    Thanks guys that's the plan then.

Get Adobe Flash player

this thing is so righteos. i ride mostly rigids too but shocks are cool especially riding home after work lol

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by angelo85xl View Post
    this thing is so righteos. i ride mostly rigids too but shocks are cool especially riding home after work lol
    Yeah man it's gonna be a change of pace for sure should be interesting. I'll always be a rigid guy for aesthetics though

Get Adobe Flash player

Every time I struggle with "oh should I buy a set or maybe get some brand new tubing" and I'm always like "an I'll save some money and just make them myself out of old pipes" then an entire bottle of argon, 4 cutting blades, amd 2 sanding disks later and I'm wishing I would have just had someone bend me up a set out if new pipe. But at any matter they're finished.

No bracing in this photo, I didn't take any photos of the bracket but it was late and I was tired and it looks like shit anyway. I welded a bolt facing upward on every pipe then made a slotted bracket for all those bolts to go through then put a nut on the Bolt holding it down tight to the bracket then bent up a 1/2" rod back to the passenger peg mount.

Last edited by shovelpan69; 03-20-2017 at 9:28 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Small progress but progress none the less. Got the electrical box set up and got most of the wiring ready to be plugged in. Got this regulator rectifier from Joel and I think it's for a gold wing or something of that sort, couldn't figure out which wires goes to what so I just went ahead and ordered the solid state with the correct wire coloring.

Regulator/rectifier

Alternator

Very nice, That will look clean with the frame. When are you going to fire the engine?

Get Adobe Flash player

hoping for sometime next week, im trying to get financing to buy a shop (for personal use) so ive got meetings with banks all from wednesday till sunday.

Share This