Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Biskyxj
    • Feb 2016

Home built exhaust performance.

I am currently in the middle of making some changes to my exhaust and it has me wondering. For those of you that have toyed around with different exhaust setups, what did you like the best and why.

I have vance and hines long shots on right now, the baffle inside the pipes were built by me after I lost one on the way to work. I want to shorten them just to the length of the head pipe and put some nice turndowns on with my home made baffles inside.

I am just curious about the performance.

Long vs short pipes. With baffles or lollipop.
    2 into 1.

Mufflers no mufflers, etc.

What combo do you prefer and why. Pics are appreciated.
  • Blackbetty
    • Apr 2011

I believe for performance the v twin runs most efficiently with a 2-1

My evo sporty has long pipes, no baffles. It runs great, good power, no backfires or stumbles etc.

My shovel had shorter drag pipes, unbaffled - ran pretty crappy with these. I made a new set and incorporated the khromewerks baffles in there. Haven't run them yet, just dropped them off to chrome, but I suspect these pipes will be much easier to tune.

Comment

• TurnerR
      • Aug 2011

Everyone I know who has built various pipes prefers a 2-into-1 as long as both pipes are equal length. The bikes seem to run much better throughout the RPM range. Longer drags are usually the second favorite due to looks, ease to build, and topend. Some buddies run the lolipops, but most guys who I ride with are going to an actual muffler. FWIW my shotguns without any baffling are fine with me cause they look cool. I'm easy.

Comment

• WillSCB
        • Dec 2014

Generally, 2-1 will run better, but if you want ideal performance, there is no one exhaust that will work perfectly for every set up. Check this out for ideal performance for your engine: http://www.wallaceracing.com/header_length.php

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;