Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikewerx
    • Aug 2013

it felt tight just rolling it around the shop, but figured it needed a run around the block to seat correctly, and rub off any crap. But when that didn't work, I took it back off to see why it was running tight, which lead to these questions. Sucks that Vtwin can't just make them perfect, and always have to modify and make up for their mistakes

Comment

• Dragstews
      • Sep 2010

Some after/market parts are ......

Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• Tattooo
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by mikewerx
        it felt tight just rolling it around the shop, but figured it needed a run around the block to seat correctly, and rub off any crap.
        It should NEVER be tight......... If it is there is something wrong.........

Comment

• Tattooo
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by mikewerx
          Sucks that Vtwin can't just make them perfect, and always have to modify and make up for their mistakes

That's why I try and stay away from after market parts if I can............ And I usually do.......

Comment

• mikewerx
            • Aug 2013

i ground down the pads, and even the side of the pads, still grinding. switched out the drum with an old drum I had lying around, which had a taller middle "tower" inside for spacer to go through, no grinding, runs smooth. Defective drum? defective drum design? you'd think if they sold as a kit it would pair perfectly.

Comment

• Pynzo
              • Aug 2010

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	1292359When it comes to old iron, you're better off buying OEM parts and restoring them. Buying kits from V Twin is problematic. Some parts especially fasteners, may be metric. Every part in the kit has to be hand fitted and checked as to fit and function with every other part in the kit. If something doesn't seem right, like brake drag, DO NOT RIDE IT! Figure out what is wrong and fix it. Nobody looks cool pushing a Harley. Especially if the wheel is locked up.

This Dual Cam Springer brake was purchased from V Twin, as well as the Springer and Axle Kit. These are the only parts I ever bought that fit first try. I got lucky.
              Last edited by Pynzo; 08-25-2016, 5:26 PM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;