CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Accident Info - NY 08/06/16

I know this is a long shot but I know that there are a few different circles of individuals that use this site. On 08/06/16 I was riding up the Palisades Parkway in NY towards Bear Mountain (North) near a major fork when I saw a a stream of brake lights and some some pieces flying everywhere. I pulled off the road at the fork and ran back to the other side of the fork to notice a rider had slammed into the back of a cage and was lying in the middle of the road unconscious. Long story short, I stayed and helped stabilize the guy until EMT/Troopers could show up and they were preparing the MEDEVAC when I jumped on the scoot to head home.

While talking to the guy to get his mind and eyes off of his shattered leg, all that he could remember was that his name was "Alex", he rode a Triumph Scrambler (it was in pieces 100 yards into the treeline), and that he was going to Cape Cod. The only additional info was that I noticed that he had some vintage looking cameras in his bag, had a bunch of luggage, and was wearing a white full face helmet. I looked for info online but there was only a one sentence that mentioned the accident so no luck there. I don't know if anyone has ever had to stay with someone through that type of ordeal but after walking him through that mess I'd like to find out how he's doing and what his story is...any info you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Get Adobe Flash player

Sorry to hear that, that was a great thing you did. ADVrider is a huge and very active forum, you may have luck posting this on there.

Get Adobe Flash player

I know how you feel I was a fireman first responder for 7 years
    get to the scene stabilize them package them up and off they go
    you never know how it turned out

Good on you for stopping and helping last time I did the outcome was shitty x2 but it wouldnt stop me from helping again - can you contact the EMT guys and discretely ask?

Get Adobe Flash player

I am a volunteer firefighter near this area and my son is a Police Paramedic in a nearby jurisdiction. We work these scenes and this happens to us on a weekly basis. Unfortunately the HIPPA laws prevent any EMS caregiver from divulging information about a patients condition or care. I know a nurse who lost her job at a local hospital because she discussed a patient's condition with someone outside the hospital and it got back to the patient who filed a HIPPA complaint. Often My son will return to the E.R. to check on a patient and see if they made it. He has a working relationship with the Doctors and Nurses so they will give him an update.

Share This