Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jlincks
    • May 2014

84 Shadow vt500c Clutch Problems

Replaced the clutches and got it all back together and the clutch will not engage. I can put it in gear and the rear wheel will not spin and if I pull the clutch lever it still does not spin. I did not soak the clutches before install so could the clutches just be sticking or ?????? Amy advise would help. Thanks
  • jlincks
    • May 2014

If I pull the spring plate and the springs the inside part will turn with the back wheel but when the spring plate and springs are in it just locks up.

Comment

• Tattooo
      • Sep 2012

Not soaking your clutches isn't your problem...... You put something back in wrong.......... Take it back apart and put it back together like your manual says to............

Comment

• jlincks
        • May 2014

i put it all back in as it came out. could the springs be bad causing it not to compress?

Comment

• Tattooo
          • Sep 2012

Something is in there wrong........ I guess lets back up some.. Why did you go into the clutches in the first place?????

Comment

• jlincks
            • May 2014

I got the bike with no clutches in it. Had all the parts though. Put in new clutches and now it will not engage.

Comment

• Tattooo
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by jlincks
              I got the bike with no clutches in it. Had all the parts though. Put in new clutches and now it will not engage.
              My guess is you have transmission problems......... That's why the clutches were out...... They got that far and then decided to sell it..... But that's just a guess...

Or you didn't put it together right since you didn't take it apart.......... Again he ask.... Do you have a manual???????????

Comment

• jlincks
                • May 2014

I do not have a manual. I followed the diagram on bike bandit.

Comment

• Tattooo
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by jlincks
                  I do not have a manual. I followed the diagram on bike bandit.

Well that's kind of a manual........ Buy a real manual if your going to keep the bike.......

Comment

• DustyDave
                    Super Moderator
                    • Oct 2012

Think I would pop the clutch back out and try to turn the hub with it in all gears. First and probably second you should be able to move the bike with your hand or at least a short cheater. If you can move it with the trans the problem is the clutch It you can spin the hub with out moving the bike the problem is the transmission. Let us know.
                    Dusty
                    Driving that train, high on cocaine
                    Casey Jones you better, watch your speed
                    Trouble ahead, trouble behind
                    And you know that notion just crossed my mind​

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;