CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default 1986 XLH883 kickstart

Does anyone know of a site or custom parts maker that has a kickstart conversion kit for a 1986 883 sportster? If so please send me a link, I'd really appreciate it!

Get Adobe Flash player

Led Sled Customs and V-Twin Manufacturing make them for the 5 speed Evo XL, but never have seen one for a 4 speed.

Bob

Get Adobe Flash player

Though neither fit OPs machine, I wouldn't buy a Taiwan Ted kicker kit (I like my knee), and the Led Sled kit is worth as much as OPs engine which doesn't need a kicker except for looks because unlike pre-Denso starter designs the Denso isn't a piece of unreliable shit.

There are WAY better uses for the money unless you are rich and bored.

I suggest doing something useful for your motorcycle instead. A pushbutton started solenoid cover is like twenty bucks and well worth it. Inspect the contacts while ya have the cover off and replace if burnt/worn. Contact kits are cheap and easy to install.

Get Adobe Flash player

Bummer that the last year for a bolt on kick was 1979....

Harley moved the M/C down on the sprocket cover in 80, right in the way of the kick shaft, so they also did away with drilling the hole in the case...

More changes was in the near future when the alt. was incorporated into the clutch basket in late 84....
    That wasn't the best of ideas the Mp-Co did.... It had it's share of problems, but was short lived being the alt. was moved to the motor shaft in 91 when the 5 speeds came out.....

Seen a few home spun kickers, but looked like a mechanical nightmare on the 4-speeds ...!!!

Share This