Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • motorlou
    • Jun 2010

new project: Captain Sakituya

hey guys just wanted to post some pics of my latest project Captain Sakituya. it is a 1985 honda shadow vt500. i got the bike from a friend of a friend of a friend for $150 with the title. it has been sitting for atleast 5 years after the bloke crashed it. the engine is in good condition and started right up after a good carb cleaning. though this bike is a little challenging in the fact that it is a shafty and also water cooled we will cross those bridges when we get there! here are my first pics which i really should have taken before i began chopping but i am sure you get the idea.......

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

the bees knees. say hello to my new frame!

Photobucket
  • bigdaddy
    • Nov 2009

i saw a cool shaft cx500 in the horse a while back. they guy had taken some fancy gadget that fits up to the tranny shaft, but it runs into a sprocket. it was pretty small, and the bike looked cool. i'll see if i can't find that issue and post it up here. pretty cool bike. you should check it out.

Comment

• motorlou
      • Jun 2010

i've seen that before and have done it as well. you use the gearbox out of an xs1100 then you can also run a brake disk off the output shaft of the gearbox to clean up the rear wheel alot! on this one i am just going to chop the shaft and extend it.

Comment

• 84bobber
        • Jun 2010

Right on man, I've got a VT500 too. Though mine is a 84, I'll answer any questions you have if you need the help.

Good luck,

Jason

Comment

• motorlou
          • Jun 2010

thanks bud do appreciate, i do have one question that comes to mind. i will be hiding the radiator behind and under the engine with some airscoops. have you ever had problems with your bike overheating and such? i don't really think it will be all that big a deal cause it's not that big of an engine but if these bikes have temp probs then maybe i'll come up with a different plan.

Comment

• 84bobber
            • Jun 2010

Mine is still stock as far as the radiator goes but I've never had any overheating issues. I've seen setups similar to that, I've never heard of any over heating issues. I would try it and see if it works.

Jason

Comment

• WOMPY
              • Aug 2009

How bout incorporate an air box setup and dual moto x radiators into a mock gas tank and build another gas tank under the seat area. Just a thought ?!?!?!?!

Comment

• 84bobber
                • Jun 2010

I don't know man that might be a huge pain in the ass. There is alot of shit that goes under the seat, unless someone has figured out a way to get rid of the stock CDI etc. I'll get some pics up tomorrow of what I'm talking about. I have pod filters from Lowbrow on the carbs, I got rid of the stock airbox.

Jason

Comment

• motorlou
                  • Jun 2010

Originally posted by 84bobber
                  I don't know man that might be a huge pain in the ass. There is alot of shit that goes under the seat, unless someone has figured out a way to get rid of the stock CDI etc. I'll get some pics up tomorrow of what I'm talking about. I have pod filters from Lowbrow on the carbs, I got rid of the stock airbox.

Jason

i'd like to see those airfilters. i don't anticipate heating issues but i think i am still aiming on putting the radiator between the 2 lower framerails.

Comment

• 84bobber
                    • Jun 2010

Here ya go, sorry the lighting suck maybe I can get more tomorrow.

Jason
                    Attached Files

Comment

• motorlou
                      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by 84bobber
                      Here ya go, sorry the lighting suck maybe I can get more tomorrow.

Jason
                      cool, those look like the regular airbreathers i always run. i was thinking i was going to use a set of those. yo wompy i am glad i talked to you today, you got me thinking about the style of this project and i don't think i am going with the captain america look anymore. i am reverting to my original plan of making a copy of my playboy bike. i fucken loved that thing. if it wasn't for the money i would have kept that bitch for damn sure! here are a couple pics of the bike i will be copying and a short vid of the bike in action. btw wompy i am going to be hitting you up for some machine work right quick i just need to finish a couple small jobs for the extra cash

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Comment

• motorlou
                        • Jun 2010

somebody slap me!!! i am sitting here lookin at this bike not really being able to do too much at the moment cause i am too fuckin broke to buy materials. anyhow, i just played around today with a set of fatbobs i had for this project. i chopped them down and set it on the backbone.......damn, i still think this bike would be cool in the captain america style. might not really be in style for the masses but cool non the less. here are a couple of pics as it sits today......

Photobucket

Photobucket

Comment

• motorlou
                          • Jun 2010

welp, been a while since i did anything on this project. i ended up selling the bike to a buddy of mine. he will be painting it ect. i still need to finish fabbing the tank, drilling sppedholes in the spokes and after my friend paints it i will do the final wiring harness all pretty for him. i strapped a plastic bottle to the backbone the other day and rode the bitch up a couple of blocks, runs good an straight. the bike is only a little 500cc but it sounds pretty good and has plenty of up an go. anyhow, here are a few pics i took of it earlier today for your viewing pleasure

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Comment

• WarGhost
                            • Oct 2009

Wow, you made that thing look fucking cool! Always impressed by your work, Lou. I saw one of your bikes in an issue of The Horse not too long ago. I'm gonna have to get you to do some stuff on my Honda! You pretty good at custom exhausts?

Comment

• motorlou
                              • Jun 2010

i could prolly do something, not my strongpoint but definately doable. hit me up whenever. thanks, Lou

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;