Could I get help to decide my newly acquired '86 450cc Rebel's faith?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • helikopteri
    • Jul 2016

Could I get help to decide my newly acquired '86 450cc Rebel's faith?

As the title states, I just bought my first real motorcycle. I've been lurking and looking at chops of various makes, models and styles for a loong time and I've always loved to wrench myself. I'm new to riding a +125cc motorcycle, chopping bikes and wrenching is nothing new.

On to the real point: I happened to acquire a '86 450cc Honda Rebel recently for an affordable price. (in my country..) I do know the bike is a bit of a rarity, especially outside of US as far as I know, and my bike happens to be an import to the EU.

I made this nifty Imgur album (CLICK!) for you to look at and added some description about the bike. The thing I left unsaid is that the tank has chipped off paint in a couple odd places and small dents from handlebars on each side, nothing too big. I sincerely think this would make a great, and rare, restoration project for someone interested in that sorta thing.

What I'm after here is would it be reasonable to put the bike back at sale with properly bumped up price and if it goes, it goes. And if no one picks interest at it while I finish my garage build am I allowed to commit the sin and start doing me and chop the fuck out of that bike?

Thanks everyone beforehand for the answers and sorry if I posted this at the wrong sub, using mobile and search seems funky.
  • PeanutHead
    • Nov 2011

Looks good dude. If I were you, I'd get it running 100% if it isn't already, repaint it and fix the dents, then list her for sale. See what happens.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
    Working...
    ;