CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Other Motorcycle forum idiots

So I love chopcult. While we get our fair share of stupid shit, it's nothing compared to the rest of the internet. However, I like to browse some other motorcycle forums, including reddit's r/rideit. It's full of your typical idiots: "ATGATT", "don't change anything from stock, you'll ruin your bike bro", "ninja 250s are the perfect bike", yadda yadda yadda. They're always bashing on cruiser, bobbers, Harley, etc. Really, most of them are shitheads, but sometimes there's a fledgling modder, and I rescue them from the cesspool, and send 'em over here.

So I was browsing the other day, and ran across a guy the other day who claimed to be a carb expert on a thread about adjusting carbs on a V Star 650 (my first bike, actually- and I did fuck with the carbs). He said that shimming the needle is all a bunch of bullshit from back in the day, and it only impacts full throttle response anyways. He also said that the only thing that mattered is pilot jet and idle mixture screw.

Full thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles...s/4uqd9w/help/

Relevant comment stream: https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles...bwfu?context=3

What other bike forums do ya'll browse, and what bullshit do they pass off as wisdom, or accept as god's word?
    Last edited by Westboundbiker; 07-30-2016 at 6:31 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

I don't frequent forums with high levels of idiots. whose web design is eye-destroying (club chopper forums) or aren't much use for tech.

Glanced at that Reddit. Tard farm. Nope, nope, nope...

Chop cult, Jockey Journal, vtwinforum for the fxr section only, harleytechtalk (generally excellent), shovelhead.us (best shovel forum), xlforum (THE sportster forum) are my main current bike fora.

Get Adobe Flash player

Chopcult, JockeyJournal, and ADVrider. ADV is massive and I have made hundreds of friends on the road from that place. They typically hate Harley's but I changed a few members outlook on our type recently with my ride report. Variety is the spice of life!

Bike forums I hit on the web ,
    XLbuellforum.com , I haven't been there in ages as my sporty build has been on the back burner for a while now,
    the R NineT forum I was there a lot till I actually got my R NineT then it lost its appeal . $2000 exhaust systems aren't my thing
    And CURD the Canadian Ural and Dnepr forum , really slow forum but who else is going to be interested in VW type 1 powered Dnepr.
    Chop cult is the most interesting I have found , I only ran into it recently and mostly I come here to check out the builds , it s great to see people actually building with tools not their visa. I plan to contribute with my own build hopefully this winter as I start putting my sporty back together.
    Most forums someone asks a question and there is a dozen dumb answers and one guy that really knows his shit , here there is a whole lot less dumb answers and more than one dude that knows his shit definitly odd for the Internet.

Get Adobe Flash player

Do you actually have a type 1 powered Dnepr?and if ya dovya got pics?

Quote Originally Posted by OleDirtyDoc View Post
    Do you actually have a type 1 powered Dnepr?and if ya dovya got pics?
    Just a couple
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

And the second pic it is being inverted when uploaded , not sure what is up with that
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Sweet.are they solex's on type 3 manifolds?hard to see detail in the manifold.I love it.thanks for sharing

They are 34mm Webber ict' s on type 3 manifolds . Ya not the greatest pics I should do some better ones , but that will have to wait a couple weeks I am out of town for a bit

Share This