Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • heathenfxdb
    • Jul 2016

Starter confusion

I'm wiring an '03 XL hardtail, barebones. Got everything wired, running a 3-way ignition switch (off, acc, ign), and button-on-starter. When I turn the key to the Acc position, all lights come on as normal. When I turn it to Ign., the starter turns without the button. I'm trying to figure out how to post the diagram, but I'm on an idiot with these googleboxes, any suggestions are more than welcome.
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by heathenfxdb
    I'm wiring an '03 XL hardtail, barebones. Got everything wired, running a 3-way ignition switch (off, acc, ign), and button-on-starter. When I turn the key to the Acc position, all lights come on as normal. When I turn it to Ign., the starter turns without the button. I'm trying to figure out how to post the diagram, but I'm on an idiot with these googleboxes, any suggestions are more than welcome.
    Besure and check you have it wired it right........... It sounds like you have the wires crossed on the solenoid....... Or the wires are touching each other on the push button......

Comment

• heathenfxdb
      • Jul 2016

I got it figured out. I had a wire running from the solenoid to the ignition switch that I didn't need since I'm running the solenoid button, thanks for the input though!

Comment

• Tattooo
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by heathenfxdb
        I got it figured out. I had a wire running from the solenoid to the ignition switch that I didn't need since I'm running the solenoid button, thanks for the input though!
        Cool....... I had a feeling you had something wired wrong........... Glad you figured it out........

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;