Eliminating Controls Question (left side)

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rideordie41
    • Jul 2016

Eliminating Controls Question (left side)

Hey so on my '98 XL1200 Sportster I am eliminating my controls.. the right side went well I bypassed the kill switch and but on a small push start button.
    The left side however, once I snipped the control wires the headlight will no longer come on (only running a low beam). Anybody know how to bypass this side?
    Thanks
  • shiteater
    • Jul 2014

Power wire to light wire. Get a wiring diagram.

Comment

• rideordie41
      • Jul 2016

thanks shit eater I have one

Comment

• Tattooo
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by rideordie41

If you have one what's the problem??????????? You cut the hi low switch out on the system.......... Isn't that why you cut the wires??????????

Comment

• docmel
          • May 2015

Originally posted by rideordie41

Look, its the I net. Its free, and if you post asking a question, expect an answer, and his answer is true.
          Watch just clipping wires: Anyone will tell you that. The newer the model, the more one circuit tends to feed more than just one function. If you have a manual as stated, take a look at that particular circuit

Comment

• Tattooo
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by docmel
            Look, its the I net. Its free, and if you post asking a question, expect an answer, and his answer is true.
            Watch just clipping wires: Anyone will tell you that. The newer the model, the more one circuit tends to feed more than just one function. If you have a manual as stated, take a look at that particular circuit
            I think people just like to ask simple ass questions............

Comment

• farmall
              • Apr 2013

Reading that wiring diagram OP would know the power to the headlight (both positions) goes through the dimmer switch wires he just amputated.

RTFM is an initialism for the expression "read the fucking manual" or, in the context of the Unix computer operating system, "read the fucking man page". The RTFM comment is usually expressed when the speaker is irritated by another person's question or lack of knowledge. It refers to either that person's inability to read a technical manual, or to their perceived laziness in not doing so first, before asking the question.

List of similar initialisms

RTBM ("read the bloody manual") (In some countries, e.g., the UK and Australia, this is a fractionally more polite alternative with identical meaning[5])
              RTFA ("read the fucking/featured article"—common on news forums such as Fark.com[6] and Slashdot, where using "TFA" instead of "the article" has become a meme)
              RTDA ("read the damn article")
              RTDM ("read the damn menu")
              RTDM ("read the damn manual")
              WABM ("write a better manual" – an answer complaining that the manual is not written well)[7]
              RTFE ("read the fucking error")
              RTFM ("read the fucking message")
              RTFW ("read the fucking wiki")

Comment

• Tattooo
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by farmall
                Reading that wiring diagram OP would know the power to the headlight (both positions) goes through the dimmer switch wires he just amputated.

Some people just know it all.......... Well they think they do!!!!!!!!!!! Most don't know shit............

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                Working...
                ;