CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default Bogging down and spuddering

My 2005 Yamaha v star 650 classic is bogging down at full throttle. It all started after my air cleaner tip fell off on the free way on my way home. I got a new air cleaner tip but when I get on the throttle at a certain point it bogs down like I'm barely getting gas. I put some sea foam through it but it didn't do anything. Should I take my carbs of and give them a thorough cleaning? Or could it be something else entirely. Any help is appreciated

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Get it to the sputtering point and turn the engine off. Stop on the side of the road and take a look at the plugs

Get Adobe Flash player

Maybe you don't have a tight seal on your air filter "tip"? Could be sucking to much air now.
    Not sure what its actually called so tip work for me.
    Start there before you dig into carbs,

Quote Originally Posted by LeDom View Post
    Get it to the sputtering point and turn the engine off. Stop on the side of the road and take a look at the plugs
    Ledom.....what should I look for when I do this? Could my spark plugs be causing it?

Get Adobe Flash player

ive been having similar kinda symptoms on my bike lately out of nowhere. when i was on the throttle it would sputter and seem to stall, then start working fine again out of nowhere. i would keep riding then again it would start cutting out and dying. my first thought was the plugs were fouled, since i just moved to a much higher elevation and its been running way rich. but the way it was acting up then working fine again made me think it was probably something to do with the fuel line. i cleaned out my petcock, replaced my fuel line from the tank to the carb since it was probably the original, and blew air out the tank vent line to make sure it was clear. ive taken my bike out a few times since then and the issue hasnt happened at all

It sounds like your running lean, checking the color of the plugs will determine your fuel/air mixture. An efficient burn will leave a goldish tan color on the porcelain of your plugs. White is lean and requires tuning to enrichen the mixture. Lean conditions cause your motor to run hot and can cause problems if not addressed.

Share This